Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Handicapped Kid approaches cop car looking for change...cops shoots him fearing for his life.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Lucia Apologist

I saw that this morning and felt ill.

So, we're just not hiding our blatent racism now, are we?

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    So, we're just not hiding our blatent racism now, are we?

Nah. Didn't you get the memo? It's a combat zone and we're winning the hearts and minds of the citizens of Charm City by culling the population.

How is that racist? I read that as "they are kids, but don't let the 'kids' part fool you. Kids can be criminals, too."
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    How is that racist? I read that as "they are kids, but don't let the 'kids' part fool you. Kids can be criminals, too."
    My guess is that the "Harbor" area of Baltimore is probably populated by minorities by a significant margin... It's a fine line....

Your interpretation of it is partially true. But so is the implication of the area in question's demographics.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

I guess "they" is now racist.

Sometimes people need to step back and NOT look for the racism they are so desperately searching for.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    My guess is that the "Harbor" area of Baltimore is probably populated by minorities by a significant margin... It's a fine line....

Your interpretation of it is partially true. But so is the implication of the area in question's demographics.
    Baltimore is becoming Dodge City. The past few mayors have quit in disgrace, they go thru police chiefs like Steinbrenner went thru managers, and the blue collar jobs (Martin, steel mills) basically left.

Do you really think that would be said about a group of white kids?

Context matters. Every time a black kid is killed by the cops the first thing the nazi's do is complain that they are pictured as children rather than the hardened criminals they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    Do you really think that would be said about a group of white kids?

Context matters. Every time a black kid is killed by the cops the first thing the nazi's do is complain that they are pictured as children rather than the hardened criminals they really are.
    Yes. If it's a troublesome neighborhood, yes. I know aparch personally, respect the hell out of him, but he's reaching on this, IMO.

Edit: Hell's Kitchen. Or some other white ghetto in the NYC area.

Yes. If it's a troublesome neighborhood, yes. I know aparch personally, respect the hell out of him, but he's reaching on this, IMO.

You pretty much deny structural racism exists any time it is brought up, so, congrats on consistency?

As someone who used to live in nyc, where are the white ghettos? Now, not 1970.

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    You pretty much deny structural racism exists any time it is brought up, so, congrats on consistency?
    Pretty much. This is the same department that murdered Freddie Gray too.

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

The Kitchen is basically a trendy, white neighborhood for Broadway actors and gays (but I repeat myself ). The Irish gangs are long gone.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    The Kitchen is basically a trendy, white neighborhood for Broadway actors and gays (but I repeat myself ). The Irish gangs are long gone.
    I suppose the "white ghettos" are now pretty much just trailer parks. I was unaware that Hell's Kitchen changed that much.

Either way, I find no racism in that post. It's a reminder that just because kids are kids, doesn't make them any less capable of doing criminal things, no matter what race they are.

I suppose the "white ghettos" are now pretty much just trailer parks. I was unaware that Hell's Kitchen changed that much.

Either way, I find no racism in that post. It's a reminder that just because kids are kids, doesn't make them any less capable of doing criminal things, no matter what race they are.
    How often are similar statements made about predominately poor white neighborhoods?

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    As someone who used to live in nyc, where are the white ghettos? Now, not 1970.
    This is a great question. My guess is because we color-code our poor white poor neighborhoods are considered "black" even if they are 80/20 white on a sort of "one drop" rule of racism.

I guess "they" is now racist.

Sometimes people need to step back and NOT look for the racism they are so desperately searching for.
    Finding "no racism" in the quote requires abstracting it from all historical context and just reading the individual words as if they came from space. There is a history of hysteria over blacks in general and black boys in particular. Group of black boys on a city street corner? Cross the street. Black boys are "roving packs"; urban myths abound of black boys playing "the knock out game."

It's the equivalent of a police chief saying "keep an eye out for block parties with fried chicken and watermelon." Racist? Whaddya mean?! Everybody likes those foods!

But I'd go a little further about the quote. The police are supposed to be our servants. Whipping up hysteria about fellow citizens -- including underage ones -- is not their job. Leave that to to rightwing media.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-28-2019 at 02:13 AM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    They've done a good job of bringing white "Stone Mountain" types into the ranks...
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    They've done a good job of bringing white "Stone Mountain" types into the ranks...
    White nationalists have a declared, formal agenda to colonize law enforcement and the military. There's a natural match between right wingers interested in coercive force and racism. It happened with the German Nazis, too. Add in the demographics (low educational attainment, rural, Christian fundamentalist) and it's no surprise at all.

These f-cks have been with us all the way since the Mayflower. This is their last stand and they're going to make it count. They're a failed culture but they're going to murder as many of us as they can on the way out.
    Last edited by Kepler; 06-03-2019 at 11:16 PM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Thread Information