Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    It's gets better, with the Norwegians in on it.

So we have Cornell and Norway vs Stanford. I graduated from Cornell and Stanford and am a quarter Norwegian, so I recuse myself from judging.
    Then, if you go deeper, what charge is applied? What is the best chance for prosecution? Manslaughter? Murder in WHAT degree? That is also one big can of worms.....
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Ah yes. Because Brent is right, given his long history in law, compared to Cornell Law, who doesn’t know a goddam thing.

The problem is, once the state accuses you of a crime, you have certain rights. She never was accused of anything.
      You can be accused, but not charged, but you cannot be charged without being accused.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Is the difference here between being accused and being THE accused?
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          Is the difference here between being accused and being THE accused?
          That's where it gets tricky. Usually, in journalism, charges are brought for THE accused. If one is just accused, charges are not brought, or are pending (they are thinking about charges, but nothing formal has been brought).]
          Edit: see: the Star Trib's policy of not naming suspects until charged.
          Last edited by The Rube; 10-14-2019, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            No, it is not. I can call right now, and accuse you of some domestic crap on your wonderful fiancee. I can claim I heard about things happening where I think a disturbance is at hand. At that point, you are accused. You are not a suspect, you are not charged, you are simply accused. Nothing more, nothing less. IF they find reason (which they wouldn't, but bear with me) to look further, THEN you MAY become a person of interest or a suspect. Until then, you are only accused.
            All of your examples include the action of accusation.

In the real life event, it was a call for a welfare check. No accusation involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              When a call is made, the person being called on is "the accused." The person being called on is simply accused. Nothing more. Dial it back, and learn the terms.
              There was no accused or anyone being called on. The neighbor called the non emergency line for a welfare check because the doors were left open. They never stated anything wrong was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                You are simply accused. Nothing more. You are not a "person of interest" nor "a suspect."
                Of the two, "person of interest" seems to be the lesser to that of being, "accused".

PERSON OF INTEREST

The term “person of interest” is used by law enforcement officials when discussing someone who has not yet been arrested or accused of crime, but who is still being investigated in a criminal investigation. The police are said to be “interested” in that person. While some terms, like “suspect” and “target” are clearly defined, the term “person of interest” is an informal term that remains undefined by the Department of Justice.

A person of interest is someone the police are “interested” in during the proceedings of a criminal investigation. The police may be interested in this person for several reasons. For example, a person of interest may be considered as such because he or she:

-Is cooperating with the investigation
                -Is not directly involved in the investigation, but has information that may help the investigation along
                -Has specific characteristics or activities that warrant further investigation

Terms like “suspect,” “target,” and “material witness” are more clearly defined, and even have formal definitions given to them by the Department of Justice. However, “person of interest” remains undefined formally. It does not show up in formal manuals like the Associated Press Stylebook, which reporters use to aid them in writing their stories, and it has never been officially defined by police, prosecutors, or journalists. The term is more of a colloquialism, rather than an official definition.

The term “person of interest” is often used interchangeably with “suspect,” which may trigger a trial by media. “Trial by media” is the phrase used to describe the widespread media coverage of a case, and its impact on a person’s reputation, as well as the public’s opinion. A “trial by media” encourages the public to come up with their own verdict of guilty or innocent, either before or after a verdict is actually handed down. This has the power to jeopardize an accused person’s .

Comment

I think you're all missing a key point. She was never accused anything. It was supposed to be a welfare check.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    It was supposed to be a welfare check.
                    It yielded a definitive result.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      It yielded a definitive result.
                      And referring to what was mentioned earlier, the police never announced themselves. That's friggin' 101 on something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        I think you're all missing a key point. She was never accused anything. It was supposed to be a welfare check.
                        I don't think that's lost on most of us.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

This whole article is amazing. I strongly suspect it's the same story at many (most?) PDs.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Adios to this POS.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/officer-vi...ry?id=66454096
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                              No doubt the cop union will throw a tizzy and defend him.

Don't you understand we have to treat black people this way? They are inherently frightening and this fine officer feared for his life.

I'm amazed he didn't shoot the kids and then get exonerated. It's Arizona.

Sue the county into penury. It's the only way this will ever stop.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 10-23-2019, 09:43 AM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

The cop who choked Garner to death is suing to get his job back, calling his termination "arbitrary."

I have no words.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X