Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    The Noor case isnt the start of it, it will be the "See Cops get in Trouble Too!" case. That case will be like the "Black Friend" racists have...the exception that proves the rule.
    I learned today that her blood is on Democrat hands because they're the ones forcing Somalis down Minneapolis' throat...

He probably wasn't racist at all...
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Has any media outlet ever gone to a police academy and seen what is taught there?

Something seems flawed in the instruction.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Has any media outlet ever gone to a police academy and seen what is taught there?

My utter hearsay understanding is that police academy training is quite good, at least outside the Snakehandler States. Most police misconduct seems to come from (1) "power corrupts," (2) systemic racism, and (3) people who actively seek out careers in conflict are likely do-uchebags.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          My utter hearsay understanding is that police academy training is quite good, at least outside the Snakehandler States. Most police misconduct seems to come from (1) "power corrupts," (2) systemic racism, and (3) people who actively seek out conflict are likely do-uchebags.
          I disagree to the extent training regarding use of force seems to be geared to "make sure you come home alive" with little to nothing on "deescalate".

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

I'm quite certain it's both the instruction, and the quality of the average cadet they're accepting these days...

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              My utter hearsay understanding is that police academy training is quite good, at least outside the Snakehandler States. Most police misconduct seems to come from (1) "power corrupts," (2) systemic racism, and (3) people who actively seek out careers in conflict are likely do-uchebags.
              I remember listening to a podcast about Freddie Gray. The lawyers basically investigated all the evidence collected and talked to a variety of people including people on the force or former members. Basically the training is overwhelming and the manual is huge and then it comes time to do actual police work and they basically just throw it all out the window with the attitude of, "yeah but in the real world this is what actually happens, ignore all that bureaucratic stuff!".

Also UNO is correct in that deescalation is given far more emphasis in Scandinavian countries and even Canada (we all remember that guy with a knife in Toronto and how police handled it).

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                I disagree to the extent training regarding use of force seems to be geared to "make sure you come home alive" with little to nothing on "deescalate".
                Is that the training or the messaging from the veteran cops?

I always got the idea that things that are exposed to the light of day and community input, like training, were progressive and reasonable. On the other hand, the day-to-day institutional practice...
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Cops axiom

“People are crap. I’m a person. I’m crap”
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Submitted without comment.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Yeah, that was kinda funny. Although you know that license plate is on a watch list now for anything even close to illegal....
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That should be a quick barometer for picking out the bad apples. The cop should be fired before he reacts the wrong way with a gun in his hand.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          That should be a quick barometer for picking out the bad apples. The cop should be fired before he reacts the wrong way with a gun in his hand.
                          I can understand how he felt, but I agree he shouldn't have pulled her over again. I mean, listen, he let you off with a lesser violation, and you're going to flip him off? Screw you.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            I can understand how he felt, but I agree he shouldn't have pulled her over again. I mean, listen, he let you off with a lesser violation, and you're going to flip him off? Screw you.
                            This, but honestly I don't have much sympathy for the plaintiff in this case.

Comment

Me either. The cop should be reprimanded and probably fired but she gets no sympathy from me at all. Even a half brained moron would know not to flick off a cop...especially if they just cut you a major break.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Verdict in the Noor case in Minneapolis to be announced at 4:30 p.m. local time.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X