Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    Yeah, right. Her neighbor was being a good guy by calling the police and "accusing" this poor woman of possibly being in danger because it wasn't common for her to leave her door open late at night. Good God. Words fvcking matter. I assume English is your mother tongue and I'm not the one who needs to learn what words mean.
    And I've already stated my opinion on this issue, if you read back a little. I also assume English is your mother tongue and you have the ability to comprehend.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
      And you keep digging. And that's really it. Be well, everyone.
      Have I said it was right? No I have not. Can you understand basic terminology? I have said that the person involved was "accused." That's it.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        Once a call is made on a person, that person is "the accused." It's not a legal term, it's just "the accused." That's it.
        Wrong. That’s some bull**** you pulled out of thin air.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Wrong. That’s some bull**** you pulled out of thin air.
          No, it is not. I can call right now, and accuse you of some domestic crap on your wonderful fiancee. I can claim I heard about things happening where I think a disturbance is at hand. At that point, you are accused. You are not a suspect, you are not charged, you are simply accused. Nothing more, nothing less. IF they find reason (which they wouldn't, but bear with me) to look further, THEN you MAY become a person of interest or a suspect. Until then, you are only accused.

Comment

Once a call is made on a person, that person is "the accused." It's not a legal term, it's just "the accused." That's it.
            It's very poor word choice. Yes, Dr. Mrs. "accuses" me of not doing her laundry on delicate, but, when the situation involves police, "accused" is a term of art meaning you've been charged with a crime.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              It's very poor word choice. Yes, Dr. Mrs. "accuses" me of not doing her laundry on delicate, but, when the situation involves police, "accused" is a term of art meaning you've been charged with a crime.
              You have not been charged. You are simply accused. Once you are charged, you are charged. If they deem you more than "well, here's a hunch" (for lack of a better word) then you are a person of interest.

Comment

A person being charged is a serious thing, there are time limits (for holding a person) after they are charged, etc. This is a very distinct difference.

Comment

You have not been charged. You are simply accused. Once you are charged, you are charged. If they deem you more than "well, here's a hunch" (for lack of a better word) then you are a person of interest.
                  Crap. You're right. I learned something new today, just in under the wire (11:31).

"The boss accused John of theft and called the police. The police arrested John and charged him with theft."

An accusation comes first, a charge is the formal process of announcing that you think the person was responsible for the crime (and needs to be brought before a court for the case to be heard.

Say you are accused of murder. You have not been proven as the murdered, but if you were, you would be charged with murder.

Hope this helps.

Jeff Williams, Lead Professor Of Criminal Justice At Stanford University.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Crap. You're right. I learned something new today, just in under the wire (11:31).
                    Wrong

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/accused
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The law is a touchy thing. It's all in the language.

Comment

Wrong. You can be arrested, but not charged, and there is a holding time where they have to charge you, or set you free.

Comment

The law is a touchy thing. It's all in the language.
                          Of course. It's just that in this case...
                          Cornell University

Comment

Wrong. You can be arrested, but not charged, and there is a holding time where they have to charge you, or set you free.
                            Ah yes. Because Brent is right, given his long history in law, compared to Cornell Law, who doesn’t know a goddam thing.

The problem is, once the state accuses you of a crime, you have certain rights. She never was accused of anything.
                            Code:

Comment

Ah yes. Because Brent is right, given his long history in law, compared to Cornell Law, who doesn’t know a goddam thing.

The problem is, once the state accuses you of a crime, you have certain rights. She never was accused of anything.
                              Nazis or something, since dx will never admit he's wrong.

Comment

It's gets better, with the Norwegians in on it.

Once investigations for a case are completed, the prosecuting authority files charges when it believes that the person charged should be tried for the actions he is charged for. At that time, the person is given the status of accused in the case.
                                So we have Cornell and Norway vs Stanford. I graduated from Cornell and Stanford and am a quarter Norwegian, so I recuse myself from judging.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X