Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

"He was reaching for a weapon"

Do these clowns not realize there's video?

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

Maybe then, but now? The ghost of Rosemary Woods still haunts.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Maybe then, but now? The ghost of Rosemary Woods still haunts.
        That is a quality reference. Very nice.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

Adam Bercovici, a former 30-year police officer in Los Angeles, disagreed, saying officers could be justified in shooting Bailey, even if he didn’t have a gun. If he had committed an armed crime, “an officer could be justified in using force in stopping them from escaping into the community.”

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Tennessee v. Garner in 1985 that an officer can use deadly force to prevent a suspect from escaping only if the officer believes the suspect poses a significant threat of death or severe physical injury to the officer or others.

Former police Officer John Bruzek, who later became a lawyer, said he would want to know the distance between the officers and Bailey and whether the police had other means of force, such as a Taser.

Bailey was shot near Adams Park, which is next to Adams Elementary School.
          Here's the problem. Cops just have way too many "outs" when it comes to using deadly force. It's nearly impossible for them to be charged because of it. Now granted lawyers could argue that because the suspect was previously charged on suspicion of sexual assault on a child by a person in a position of trust they could then claim he was a threat, but that's pretty specious imho. Did they actually know of it at the time and I'm not sure a previous arrest could be used as an argument for force in an unrelated incident.

Comment

The standard for Deadly Force used to be very high. It was a LAST RESORT. Now it is pretty much shoot whenever you feel like it.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              That is a quality reference. Very nice.
              Consider August 8, 1974 and where were you that evening.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Here's the problem. Cops just have way too many "outs" when it comes to using deadly force. It's nearly impossible for them to be charged because of it.
                I was gonna say, video doesn't mean **** and unfortunately body cams haven't fixed much other than cases where they're too stupid to turn them off while blatantly planting drugs on people. Even the best case scenario where the DA does decide to charge someone and take it to trial, a halfway decent defense lawyer can get at least one racist on the jury.

Comment

Boston police destroy homeless people's wheelchairs and other possessions.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...dOI/story.html
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Apparently drug field kits are slightly less than accurate.
                    https://deadspin.com/georgia-souther...ist-1837100238
                    But that probably shouldn't stop them from being used to arrest teh blacks...

Comment

Muskegon, MI (my hometown!) police officer suspended after KKK memorabilia found in his home.

Also, that's a really bad realtor he has there.
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        That buyer should not have permitted her name to be released. Death threats are the least she'll get.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

My wife and I have been house shopping for a little over a month now; searching houses in Sterling Heights, GrandRapids, Hudsonville, and Muskegon. Today we were looking at a house in Holton that we both agreed would be perfect, so we meet our realtor to see the house it’s beautiful. As we are walking to the house I’m seeing confederate flags on the walls the dining room table and even the garage. I’m thinking to myself as a joke I’m walking to the imperial Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan‘s house right now.
                          Wait.

Sterling Heights, Grand Rapids, Hudsonville, Muskegon, and Holton?

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            Wait.

Sterling Heights, Grand Rapids, Hudsonville, Muskegon, and Holton?
                            Unless there's a Sterling Heights in West Michigan I've never heard of...

Comment

Cops drew their guns on Yankees' GM Brian Cashman

"Unique circumstances."

Comment

Good thing it wasn't Michael Hill.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X