Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    (And mookie’s bro is a statie)
    How does he feel about all this? Serious question -- when news like this happens what's his first instinct?

I've known marines with a really low opinion of "gung ho" marines. Are there cops who look at the "my pistol's an extension of my dick" cops and are SMDH?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

When they send us cadets, we're clearly not getting their best.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        How does he feel about all this? Serious question -- when news like this happens what's his first instinct?
        let's just say he can tell you the hours until retirement......
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I've known marines with a really low opinion of "gung ho" marines. Are there cops who look at the "my pistol's an extension of my dick" cops and are SMDH?
          I never got to really talk to my great-grandpa (33 year vet of the force), since I was a little too young, but my uncle (35 year vet of the force, retired, but still does K9 Competition Judging) absolutely DETESTS the gung ho cops.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good.

BREAKING: The white Texas police officer who shot and killed a black woman in her own home while she was reportedly playing video games has been charged with murder just hours after he resigned. Atatiana Jefferson's family is demanding justice after video showed the officer opening fire within half a second of asking for her to put her hands up:

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              Given the details, it points to training. Sounds like the officer was too quick to react, and yes, that is a touchy point. From what I've read, the officer did NOT give enough time for the accused to react. They just shot. Not acceptable.

I hate crap like this. It completely sucks.
              The "accused"? Really? What exactly was Atatiana Jefferson accused of? How about referring to her as what she actually was, a citizen just enjoying being an aunt, living her life, who was probably startled by the unidentified man outside her home, yelling at her for reasons that were likely completely unknown to her, in the middle of the night? Jesus, she would have been more justified shooting the cop than he was in shooting her.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                The "accused"? Really? What exactly was Atatiana Jefferson accused of? How about referring to her as what she actually was, a citizen just enjoying being an aunt, living her life, who was probably startled by the unidentified man outside her home, yelling at her for reasons that were likely completely unknown to her, in the middle of the night? Jesus, she would have been more justified shooting the cop than he was in shooting her.
                When a call is made, the person being called on is "the accused." The person being called on is simply accused. Nothing more. Dial it back, and learn the terms.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Had a moment where I'm not sure how to feel regarding my reactions to an officer who was working at a high school football game I refereed at tonight...

Basically it all came down to how this officer looked: He was late 20's, early 30's. White. 6'2" - 6'3". Absolutely jacked upper body. Shaved head. Tribal arm band tattoo sleeves on both arms.

Guy was just hanging out at the high school. Usually there is an officer present for any "stadium" events like football, soccer, etc. I had no interaction with the guy other than walking by him before and after the game. Yet his looks just didn't set right. I know it's a slippery slope to stereotype and judge based on looks. I feel like an a-hole for judging based solely on looks. But at the same time, with what our country has devolved too, I am bothered simply by this officer's looks. My first thought was that the image projected was 100% intentional. Kinda scary that current events have let my thoughts slide down into this deep, dark void that I wish society had eliminated. I know I shouldn't feel this way, yet here I am, being a judgmental A-hole. Something just didn't set right and I was NOT comfortable around this dude
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

When a call is made, the person being called on is "the accused." The person being called on is simply accused. Nothing more. Dial it back, and learn the terms.
                    Who wants to tell him?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Who wants to tell him?
                      I accuse you of kicking kittens. You are not charged. You are simply accused. Nothing more. You are not a "person of interest" nor "a suspect."

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        Had a moment where I'm not sure how to feel regarding my reactions to an officer who was working at a high school football game I refereed at tonight...

Basically it all came down to how this officer looked: He was late 20's, early 30's. White. 6'2" - 6'3". Absolutely jacked upper body. Shaved head. Tribal arm band tattoo sleeves on both arms.

Guy was just hanging out at the high school. Usually there is an officer present for any "stadium" events like football, soccer, etc. I had no interaction with the guy other than walking by him before and after the game. Yet his looks just didn't set right. I know it's a slippery slope to stereotype and judge based on looks. I feel like an a-hole for judging based solely on looks. But at the same time, with what our country has devolved too, I am bothered simply by this officer's looks. My first thought was that the image projected was 100% intentional. Kinda scary that current events have let my thoughts slide down into this deep, dark void that I wish society had eliminated. I know I shouldn't feel this way, yet here I am, being a judgmental A-hole. Something just didn't set right and I was NOT comfortable around this dude
                        It happens. I mentioned this earlier this year, some dude was only wearing shorts, and sat down in the snow. Didn't sit right with me. I didn't think he was a threat to anyone, but himself. I wanted to make sure he was okay. Cops came out, per my call, and maintained contact. He was just a workout guy, who cooled down by doing what he did. So thankfully, he was right in the head. Point being, if we maintain silence, we risk danger. It's sad, I wish it wasn't this way, but it is.

Comment

No one accused this woman of a g od d am n thing.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                            No one accused this woman of a g od d am n thing.
                            Once a call is made on a person, that person is "the accused." It's not a legal term, it's just "the accused." That's it.

Comment

I accuse you of kicking kittens. You are not charged. You are simply accused. Nothing more. You are not a "person of interest" nor "a suspect."
                              Yeah, right. Her neighbor was being a good guy by calling the police and "accusing" this poor woman of possibly being in danger because it wasn't common for her to leave her door open late at night. Good God. Words fvcking matter. I assume English is your mother tongue and I'm not the one who needs to learn what words mean.

Comment

Once a call is made on a person, that person is "the accused." It's not a legal term, it's just "the accused." That's it.
                                And you keep digging. And that's really it. Be well, everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X