Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Continue.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

From joe in the last thread:

+1. Combat trained would seem to add to the "shoot first, then talk" theory.

Maybe, but it seems like more and more military operations take place in occupied settings where there are strict rules of engagement. I'm not familiar with military life, but that could be useful training, it seems to me.

Comment

A big part of the difference (military to cops) is "finger on" versus "finger off" mindset.

And military training probably has those future officers perceiving threats and dangers far differently than cops who came from civilian ranks.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Military people actually are in danger a lot of the time. Cops arent. It isnt easy to train someone to not feel in danger when they go from the former into the latter.

For a cop, firing should be the absolute last resort. Just feeling scared should not give them a license to kill...yet nowadays it does.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Military people actually are in danger a lot of the time. Cops arent. It isnt easy to train someone to not feel in danger when they go from the former into the latter.

For a cop, firing should be the absolute last resort. Just feeling scared should not give them a license to kill...yet nowadays it does.
          Correct. And then you have the folks that failed military training, but still wanna be an authority in some manner, and not in the good way. Being "scared" is only one of the many factors in the decision to put your finger on the trigger, if you're a cop.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

If only juries and people in command felt that way...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              If only juries and people in command felt that way...
              Juries can only do with what is presented to them. Sometimes, it's stuff that the genpop never hear.

People in command? Nowadays, they need bodies with little budget. It sucks. So they take training instead of training AND character. And here we are.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Juries can only do with what is presented to them. Sometimes, it's stuff that the genpop never hear.

People in command? Nowadays, they need bodies with little budget. It sucks. So they take training instead of training AND character. And here we are.
                And don't forget Veteran's Preference for most civil service jobs.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Wonder if he had help? This is my county and the victims' family was a member of my wife's church.

@WTOP: BREAKING NEWS: Tyler Tessier, who is charged with killing his pregnant girlfriend, was found dead in his jail cell, sources tell WTOP. Opening statements in his trial were set to begin Thursday morning. http://bit.ly/2CotaW7
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Russia.

CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Cop in Texas enters the wrong apartment and shoots the guy who lives there, thinking he’s an intruder. Resident dies, she’s now charged with manslaughter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45450558

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Russia.

This is just a teaser from Putin's people. They have pics of donnie snorting.

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/im-...mpression=true
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Holy crap, he even looks like a perfect Nazi.

But don't worry about racists and white nationalists, they said. Especially don't worry about them trying to infiltrate police and military, that's just silly talk.

Comment

Working...
                              X