Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    If he has a clean record, he could be mentally ill, or had a moment of mentality lapse. He could have a history of mental illness, or drugs (which after a recent incident, where the suspect was tased 2-3 times, showed no effect, then the police shot the guy). If he's a repeat offender, particularly with a violent background, he could have a gun on him, along with the knife he already presented. Each situation is different. As I said, right now, I'm leaning towards excessive force.

We all can lean one way or the other right now, and neither way is incorrect, yet. Need all the details.
    I am not sure there is one single solitary additional factor that could argumentatively overcome this observation:

Edina & Richfield police officers can be heard in the live stream video & police dispatch yelling for Brian to “Drop the knife“.

The police gave Quinones a mere .12 seconds to comply with their command before shooting an estimated 15 bullets at him.
    While the following does suggest a possible suicide by cop, given how long they were chasing him there was no way for them to be prepared to deploy non-lethal measures? According to at least one witness he was shot in the back - although it's not clear if all of the shots were fired from that direction.

His Facebook page has been flooded with tributes from friends. The last post he made to Facebook, just prior to live-streaming, read: "So sorry."

Comment

Can we prosecute the cops under the RICO Act?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Can we prosecute the cops under the RICO Act?
        The bishops come first. Necessarily so.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
          I'm not taking issue with your comments along the lines of needing all the details before final judgment, I'm taking issue with your inability to keep from qualifying everything from just one side. Sure, maybe the cops acted with unnecessary force, but what if the guy was nuts? Or had a gun? Or a criminal record? You always want to qualify it in some way that gives the cops the excuses they so often need to explain yet another incident of killing someone. It's like you can't process things without introducing the notion that the cops probably acted rationally. The cops get the benefit of your doubt every time. It's a shame but I believe it stems from having close relatives who are cops.
          You HAVE to qualify stuff in situations like this. You HAVE to think of ALL possible outcomes, ALL angles, and take ALL the facts in (which we don't know all of) before making a decision on guilt or non-guilt (note: NOT innocence, that's not how our justice system works, which is another discussion).

In these types of situations, there are a lot of moving parts. Given that the cops are trained (yes, sometimes not trained properly, or not even fit for the job), in general, they have to make a split second decision.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

You HAVE to qualify stuff in situations like this. You HAVE to think of ALL possible outcomes, ALL angles, and take ALL the facts
            Yeah good advice...

in general, they have to make a split second decision.
            And then you don't actually follow it. There's a lot of possibilities, like maybe that's just how they like to frame it to justify their ****ty actions. We've seen so many police shootings where this clearly isn't true.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              Yeah good advice...

And then you don't actually follow it. There's a lot of possibilities, like maybe that's just how they like to frame it to justify their ****ty actions. We've seen so many police shootings where this clearly isn't true.
              Um, you know that's why training is important. Put you or me in that situation? We'll probably make the wrong decision. Just sayin'.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

What situation, the one where the dude in Chicago got hit 17 times in the back walking away with a knife? Yeah I think I could make the right decision, though perhaps that's because I'm not the type of scumbag that wants to be a cop in 2019.

Comment

What situation, the one where the dude in Chicago got hit 17 times in the back walking away with a knife? Yeah I think I could make the right decision, though perhaps that's because I'm not the type of scumbag that wants to be a cop in 2019.
                  Okay.

Comment

Let me guess, with better training and MOAR COPS Laquan McDonald would still be alive...? But it was a hard split second decision that we're not considering?

Comment

Let me guess, with better training and MOAR COPS Laquan McDonald would still be alive...? But it was a hard split second decision that we're not considering?
                      Lemme guess, St Paul is begging for more cops right now, per today's Star Tribune?

(again, properly trained cops)

Comment

Who ****ing cares?

Comment

Muskegon fires cop with racist memorabilia in his home.

The city is also reopening a case where this guy shot someone who was unarmed.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

If only he had better training and there were MOAR COPS.

Comment

You HAVE to qualify stuff in situations like this. You HAVE to think of ALL possible outcomes, ALL angles, and take ALL the facts in (which we don't know all of) before making a decision on guilt or non-guilt (note: NOT innocence, that's not how our justice system works, which is another discussion).

In these types of situations, there are a lot of moving parts. Given that the cops are trained (yes, sometimes not trained properly, or not even fit for the job), in general, they have to make a split second decision.
                              So cops get to decide guilt and punishment now? That's how our justice system works? Good to know.

Comment

Lemme guess, St Paul is begging for more cops right now, per today's Star Tribune?

(again, properly trained cops)
                                Who is doing the begging?

Comment

Working...
                                X