This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Hard hats on boys and girls.... The sky is falling!
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
      Hard hats on boys and girls.... The sky is falling!
      Lol. We dropped a triple in one period against Colgate and had the same done to us the following week. Funny game this D1 Hockey is. Let’s see if we can get the split.
      Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 10-26-2018, 08:46 PM.
      RPI Engineers
      RIT Tigers
      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

The big difference last night was that all the penalties we took and killed in our first three games were still there, but this time the PK couldn't save us. Lack of discipline is a big problem and, to be frank, one that RIT has struggled with for many of its D1 years. The good news is it should be an easier problem to fix as it is not a skills issue. Once Wayne starts benching guys for taking dumb penalties, they'll figure it out.

Not a great look to be shutout, but I don't see any reason to worry about the offense yet. They keep being hobbled by the team constantly going down on the PK, hard to get into a rhythm.
        Last edited by RIT Winters; 10-27-2018, 10:50 AM.
        RIT

Comment

Besides the penalties what bothers me is Coaches statement after the game about the team not coming out and playing with intensity. Whose responsibility is that? The coaches, the players themselves? Not every game is going to be on front of 10K plus orange clad fans. When this team can put together their talent, their intensity, and their smarts they can compete with anyone. The kids are playing D1 hockey, if they can’t come out with intensity, sit them, and find the players that can give 120% from the drop of the puck.
          RPI Engineers
          RIT Tigers
          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
            Besides the penalties what bothers me is Coaches statement after the game about the team not coming out and playing with intensity. Whose responsibility is that? The coaches, the players themselves? Not every game is going to be on front of 10K plus orange clad fans. When this team can put together their talent, their intensity, and their smarts they can compete with anyone. The kids are playing D1 hockey, if they can’t come out with intensity, sit them, and find the players that can give 120% from the drop of the puck.
            It's the players. Maybe they needed this loss to get their heads straight that i the wins aren't automatic for them.
            RIT Tigers

Comment

They're also still kids. Won't be the last team to have a letdown in college sports. It's okay as long as they can bounce back and put forth good efforts for the rest of the road trip. Splits on the road are okay as long as you win at home - obviously the Tigers have had trouble with that since the last couple seasons of the Ritter, but they can still get home on a high note, and hopefully if they do the home building will be jumping for them when they get back.

Another possible factor in having a letdown is that they had such great success vs. Robert Morris of late. They won all 4 games last year and the senior class was a combined 8-3-0 against them going into last night, including a championship win and a 4-0-0 record last year despite having a mediocre year.

Anyway, like I said, important for them to get back on the horse and win tonight. You don't want to be 0-2 going into Mercyhurst, especially if Army beats them again tonight and they are reeling.

Comment

• Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                They're also still kids. Won't be the last team to have a letdown in college sports. It's okay as long as they can bounce back and put forth good efforts for the rest of the road trip. Splits on the road are okay as long as you win at home - obviously the Tigers have had trouble with that since the last couple seasons of the Ritter, but they can still get home on a high note, and hopefully if they do the home building will be jumping for them when they get back.

Another possible factor in having a letdown is that they had such great success vs. Robert Morris of late. They won all 4 games last year and the senior class was a combined 8-3-0 against them going into last night, including a championship win and a 4-0-0 record last year despite having a mediocre year.

Anyway, like I said, important for them to get back on the horse and win tonight. You don't want to be 0-2 going into Mercyhurst, especially if Army beats them again tonight and they are reeling.
                Agree on all points. Definitely need a split tonight to set the boys up for Mercyhurst. Once heard someone from Union talking about one of the more difficult areas for game preparation was getting the players up for each and every game with every else these student athletes have going on. Tonight will be interesting, RMU smells blood, they remember last year, and RIT doesn’t want to start their conference schedule 0-2. Will be listening to our radio guys this evening. R-I-T! R-I-T! R-I-T!
                RPI Engineers
                RIT Tigers
                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Great overtime win! Between Ed and Scott calling the action on the ice and the overtime power play goal, I need a glass of red wine! Way to go Tigers! Great job "radio guys!"
                  RPI Engineers
                  RIT Tigers
                  ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                    Great overtime win! Between Ed and Scott calling the action on the ice and the overtime power play goal, I need a glass of red wine! Way to go Tigers! Great job "radio guys!"
                    Excellent result!
                    RIT Tigers

Comment

Getting wins at Robert Morris is hard as they are typically a good team. I'm ok with getting a split there.

Mercyhurst may be reeling, but they also will be desperate for wins. Anyone thinking those games will be easy will be mistaken. I wouldn't be surprised if RIT drops one, but getting at least 2 points would be a good weekend before RIT starts getting some home games.

BTW, RIT is at 10 in the way-to-early PWR after that split.
                      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2010 Frozen Four participant
                      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

After watching RIT hockey for 15 years now, I have to say that this is a nice start to the year. I don't mind an early road loss. And two hard-fought OT wins so far this season is nice to see. About a decade ago, RIT kept finding ways to win games, even those they weren't supposed to, including the 2010 Frozen Four run. Then, over the last several years, it seemed like RIT kept finding ways to lose games, even those they were supposed to win. This year, RIT is finding ways to win. They're tough and talented. Drackett is playing well and I, for one, am extremely happy that Coach Wilson is picking a #1 and sticking with him. It's too early to tell exactly what the season will bring, but I'm optimistic -- more optimistic than I've been in a long time. So here's to a successful season!
                        RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Who doesn't think the tigers will take both games this weekend?

Regardless of how hungry Mercyhurst is, I think the tigers are more than capable of taking four points
                          RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                            Who doesn't think the tigers will take both games this weekend?

Regardless of how hungry Mercyhurst is, I think the tigers are more than capable of taking four points
                            They certainly could and obviously hope they do. RIT has so far passed all the tests. I would not put these games into the should win both games quite yet.
                            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2010 Frozen Four participant
                            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                              They certainly could and obviously hope they do. RIT has so far passed all the tests. I would not put these games into the should win both games quite yet.
                              Always okay with a split on the road. It's taking four at home that will tell for these guys!
                              RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                                Always okay with a split on the road. It's taking four at home that will tell for these guys!
                                The streak is intact! Have not one on a Friday night yet. The other streak is that we have not lost on a Saturday night yet. Let’s get it done tomorrow night. In other news at the Army Air Force game tonight of course I’m wearing my away Orange RIT Jersey. Directly across from me is another away RIT Jersey. Holy cow two RIT jerseys at the Army Air Force hockey game. I went to talk to him between periods said he bought it when RIT played a few years back in Albany In the NCAA’ tournament.
                                RPI Engineers
                                RIT Tigers
                                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Working...
                                X