X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
    As long as I can remember officials have had the discretion to make interference a major - generally for blind side hits where the guy who got hit doesn't see it coming. It's certainly not the first time I've seen it. It's interference because the guy doesn't have the puck.

From the NCAA rulebook: Interference with Significant Contact - The Referee, at his discretion, may assess the following penalty based on the severity of the contact to a player guilty of interfering with an opponent. PENALTY – Major. A game misconduct or disqualification may be assessed at the discretion of the referee. A player delivering a check to an unsuspecting and vulnerable player puts themselves in jeopardy of being penalized under this rule. Officials are to pay particular attention to these examples when applying this rule. These are intended as guidance and include, but are not limited to, the following:• A player that is reckless;• A player that has just released a shot or pass;• A player that is about to receive a pass; or• A player that delivers a late hit.
    After posting this I did find the AHL rulebook and saw a similar clause (probably should have looked there first ). Maybe my memory is failing me, but I really don't remember having seen it called before. Interesting.
    Can't we all just get along?
    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Is Gabe back in the lineup for tomorrow match? It sure would be nice to spank Sacred Heart.
      R I T HOCKEY
      Frozen Four
      Elite Eight
      NCAA Tournament
      2010-2015-2016
      RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
        Is Gabe back in the lineup for tomorrow match? It sure would be nice to spank Sacred Heart.
        This time a year I would not be surprise if they knew Gabe was going to be a go that they wouldn't put it out there till they have to turn in the lineup. Hopefully he is good, I think the odds go way in their favor if he can go.

Honestly it's time for each boy to man up and play a complete game. This team is already farther than it's last two iterations, but you still get the feel that it's at least HarborCenter of bust. I still hold firm if this team plays there games and limits their mistake that I do not believe any team in the AHA can beat them when they play their game. However making outrageous mistakes at the worst possible time was a killer the last two seasons and this season has still shown up from time to time.

Que Herb Brooks, "PLAY YOUR GAME"
        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
        The Mule
        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

RIT’s published game notes from sports information state that Gabe is back in the lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
            RIT’s published game notes from sports information state that Gabe is back in the lineup.
            For those interested: https://www.ritathletics.com/documen...AQF_031519.pdf
            Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
            College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
            Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
            Men's Frozen Four 2010
            Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
            Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
              Always go to the Trefzger for good news!!!

I just posted this on Twitter numbers from Niagara that show just how much tougher the Atlantic is these days

Since joining AHA NU is 94-119-35 (Conf) with 1 regular season title and 1 NCAA Appearance

CHA Niagara was 116-68-28 (Conf) 3 Regular Season Titles, 3 tournament titles, and 3 NCAA Appearances

Thomas M. Naeger
              The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                I just posted this on Twitter numbers from Niagara that show just how much tougher the Atlantic is these days

Since joining AHA NU is 94-119-35 (Conf) with 1 regular season title and 1 NCAA Appearance

CHA Niagara was 116-68-28 (Conf) 3 Regular Season Titles, 3 tournament titles, and 3 NCAA Appearances
                Not sure how those numbers show that. I think Niagara is objectively a worse team right now than they were eight years ago when they first joined the league.

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                  Always go to the Trefzger for good news!!!

Now run those numbers with Robert Morris and Air Force.

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                    Now run those numbers with Robert Morris and Air Force.
                    Just look at Chris Lerch's preview of the NU - AFA series where it says that while in the AHA Air Force is 20-9-2 against Niagara, in the CHA Niagara was 22-6-2 against Air Force. In those cases it has less to do with the relative strength of the conferences than the teams themselves. As was just stated, Niagara was a significantly better team in those days than they are now. The reverse can be said of Air Force.
                    Last edited by TigerFan86-87; 03-13-2019, 12:11 PM.
                    Can't we all just get along?
                    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

I think some people are raising good points about the facts that lay behind those numbers. One other I will bring up is Niagara Athletics in general have seen a decline in performance across the board. So I admit that has something to do with the number. But do remember that many people consider the CHA a much better conference that the MAAC/Atlantic. I do think there are some interesting tidbits in these numbers.

Further more it is interesting when you consider Air Force and Robert Morris, and oh don't forget Army was in there for a season (99-00). Air Force left the conference 4 years before the conference collapsed. When they left they were far from a power house, never winning a CHA Title and never even made it to the Championship game. That program changed dramatically when they joined the AHA. Robert Morris really has an argument for the most consistent performer in AHA play, especially if you remove this year's numbers. That being said they only won the AHA once.

NCAA Tournament numbers also interesting in it's 11 year history the CHA was 3-10, in 15 years the AHA is 7-16.

There a lot more to the story of the changing college hockey landscape, but I remember some Niagara Alums complaining about go to the inferior Atlantic when they made the move and it's a little funny now...

Thomas M. Naeger
                      The Mule

Comment

Well, half way through the 2nd and Drake to out Adriano in. That kind of says it all. Getting beat all over the ice. Tigers look really slow out there.
                        John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                        AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                        AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                        NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                        NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                        NCAA DII - 1983
                        NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                          Well, half way through the 2nd and Drake to out Adriano in. That kind of says it all. Getting beat all over the ice. Tigers look really slow out there.
                          Andriano just gave up a woeful goal as well....just wow.
                          RIT

Comment

I remember a game at Bentley that was like this. Tigers gave up eight goals that night. 8-2 was the final score in that game
                            Last edited by blazer777; 03-13-2019, 07:52 PM.
                            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                              Andriano just gave up a woeful goal as well....just wow.
                              When your only thought is hoping they just win the 3rd, it tells you how bad it is. This just awful.
                              John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                              AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                              AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                              NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                              NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                              NCAA DII - 1983
                              NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

To finish reading the Stat sheet. The pairing of Valette and McKay is a combine -8 after 40. That's a rough night...

Short is in net and it's 8-2 SHU

I'm going to do a double shot for every goal they give up tonight. Whose with me?

Thomas M. Naeger
                                The Mule

Comment

Working...
                                X