X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
    We need a thread on this forum for players to talk about the poor performance of RIT's fans. They used to be the best in the league. Now they're mostly OK/average. Teams from other leagues certainly wouldn't want them. We haven't seen higher top end quality fans that we were supposed to get as a windfall from opening GPC.
    A little late to the game but, Ed, I guess it's suppose to be sarcastic? An honest question, since you and Scott see every game, how's the attendance at GPC going and what do you think of the fans? I know the Corner Crew has been told in the past to tone it down and to be more family friendly, something I can appreciate as I get older but something I could not accept 15 years ago. Do you think the GPC can be as intimidating as the Ritter once was? Or has that ship sailed?
    RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
      A little late to the game but, Ed, I guess it's suppose to be sarcastic? An honest question, since you and Scott see every game, how's the attendance at GPC going and what do you think of the fans? I know the Corner Crew has been told in the past to tone it down and to be more family friendly, something I can appreciate as I get older but something I could not accept 15 years ago. Do you think the GPC can be as intimidating as the Ritter once was? Or has that ship sailed?
      The attendance is almost always greater than the capacity of the Ritter, so it's good. But it's not intimidating until it's really full. The first AIC game was packed when the place was at capacity with free student tickets. It was electric and the team noticed and appreciated it.

The Corner Crew isn't what it once was -- in part because things have been tamed in society in general -- and students apparently aren't as interested. But the Corner Crew is still great when the student section is full. And the band is fantastic when school is in session.

Polisseni is never going to be the Ritter, but it is more than the Ritter was in so many ways. Comfort and amenities not the least of them.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
        Yes, they are interesting. There is a lot of overlap, obviously. One significantly dominant season in 2010 (the best season by far for any AHA team to date - 1 reg season champ, 1 playoff champ and 2 tourney wins) weighted four classes worth for RIT to get into the top 10. Some of those may have been on or close to the list anyhow, but that year pushed them way over the top.
        The only class that rode the 2009-10 season into the top 10 list is the 2012-13 class (who were below .500 as seniors). Every other RIT class on that list remains above every class not from RIT if you completely remove the 09-10 season and consider winning % only of the other three seasons. Certainly most of RIT's postseason successes were from the one season, but you still need to be have consistency to get into the top 10 of this list since it's ranked by regular season winning percentage.

Also notice how Holy Cross went from a .697 winning percentage after 3 seasons in the AHA to the next season's class not even making the list (they ended up at .620 winning % over the first 4 years of the conference). Notice how Niagara's 20-5-2 season is not represented in the top 10 of the class ranking (that season contributed to two senior classes numbers instead of 4, admittedly, but it's not represented at all). The idea it's just "one season of dominance" that has RIT at the top of the list is ludicrous.
        Last edited by jflory81; 01-14-2019, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Erik Brown named NCAA first star of the week: https://www.ritathletics.com/news/20...-the-week.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
            The only class that rode the 2009-10 season into the top 10 list is the 2012-13 class (who were below .500 as seniors). Every other RIT class on that list remains above every class not from RIT if you completely remove the 09-10 season and consider winning % only of the other three seasons. Certainly most of RIT's postseason successes were from the one season, but you still need to be have consistency to get into the top 10 of this list since it's ranked by regular season winning percentage.

Also notice how Holy Cross went from a .697 winning percentage after 3 seasons in the AHA to the next season's class not even making the list (they ended up at .620 winning % over the first 4 years of the conference). Notice how Niagara's 20-5-2 season is not represented in the top 10 of the class ranking (that season contributed to two senior classes numbers instead of 4, admittedly, but it's not represented at all). The idea it's just "one season of dominance" that has RIT at the top of the list is ludicrous.
            OK fine, you guys have proven your point. Every single RIT Tigers team in history has been dominant over ECAC West, AHA, AHC, NCAA D-II, NCAA D-III, and NCAA D-I. Case closed. .
            It's not like I ever came on here and said the team wasn't any good. I just questioned the over-use of the term "dominant", similar to how I hesitate to fall into the trap of calling teams dynasties. For example, the Chicago Blackhawks winning 3 championships in 6 years while the LA Kings also won 2 in the same time frame is hardly a dynasty. It's a hugely impressive run, but I grew up when the word "dynasty" (and in similar fashion, "dominant") meant something. the Canadiens winning 5 cups in 6 years. The Islanders winning 4 straight cups. The Oilers winning 5 cups in 7 years, etc. That's dominance and those are dynasties. Being the best isn't necessarily dominant. News flash: There's a difference.
            Can't we all just get along?
            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

I don't think anyone said dynasty - but dominant is a very appropriate way to describe RIT's first few seasons in Atlantic Hockey in the regular season.
              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2010 Frozen Four participant
              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                I don't think anyone said dynasty - but dominant is a very appropriate way to describe RIT's first few seasons in Atlantic Hockey in the regular season.
                Just drawing a parallel in two concepts. Read the whole post.
                Can't we all just get along?
                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Thoughts on this weekends games? Bentley has owned us the last few years. Back when Brandon Komm was their goalie I used to fondly think of them as our little brother especially after our three game playoff win against them at the Ritter. Now I’m not sure what to expect. Both teams are playing well, something has to give. At a minimum a split, anything less would be a disappointment not the end of the world but not good.
                  RPI Engineers
                  RIT Tigers
                  ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                    Thoughts on this weekends games? Bentley has owned us the last few years. Back when Brandon Komm was their goalie I used to fondly think of them as our little brother especially after our three game playoff win against them at the Ritter. Now I’m not sure what to expect. Both teams are playing well, something has to give. At a minimum a split, anything less would be a disappointment not the end of the world but not good.
                    Just no sweeps against for the rest of the season. Take points, all will be fine.

Comment

Thoughts on this weekends games? Bentley has owned us the last few years.
                      Perception different from reality again. Bentley swept RIT 2-0 last season ('17-18'). The teams split each of the three previous seasons ago (2-2 '16-'17), (2-2 '15-'16) and (1-1 '14-'15)

The really interesting part of this is that the ROAD team has won every game going back to January 24, 2015 (the last 11 games).

The last time the home team won a game was a 2-1 Bentley victory at the JAR on January 23, 2015, where RIT outshot the Falcons 33-17 but Bentley goaltender Gabe Antoni had a stellar night.
                      Scott Biggar
                      WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
                      Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
                        Perception different from reality again.
                        You're always letting facts get in the way, aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
                          The really interesting part of this is that the ROAD team has won every game going back to January 24, 2015 (the last 11 games).
                          That might be why it feels like Bentley has owned us. I bet the Bentley fans would have the opposite perception.

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
                            Perception different from reality again.
                            I said Bentley owned us the last few years. We lost both games in 2018 and both games in 2017. We’ve lost the last four games. How is that not reality?
                            Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 01-17-2019, 04:27 PM.
                            RPI Engineers
                            RIT Tigers
                            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                              You're always letting facts get in the way, aren't you?
                              If you want to think that RIT beat Bentley in 2017 or 2018 go right ahead.😄
                              Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 01-17-2019, 04:40 PM.
                              RPI Engineers
                              RIT Tigers
                              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

If you want to think that RIT beat Bentley in 2017 or 2018 go right ahead.😄
                                And RIT won the games in October 2016 - the last time they were on the road against Bentley.

I guess if you say years instead of seasons, you are right.

I just hope the games get played. I know the team already left. The trip back could be a tad rough.
                                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2010 Frozen Four participant
                                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Working...
                                X