This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

The other thing to point out is how fortunes have turned for other programs. Niagara came in and was a force in the league, but for a few years turned to a doormat. Sacred Heart was a solid team and the last few years they have been scuffling. AIC has gone from one of the worst programs in NCAA to now a top team in conference. Army has had ups and downs. Holy Cross was a top team - now they are not. So to me, a 2 year stretch where RIT does nothing in the playoffs is merely a disappointment. If that becomes a trend, I think you will see more changes. I don't think administration will stand by idly if the program takes a long downturn. I am defining long as more than 4 years.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Good win, even if they made it interesting at the end. Game time took me by surprise though. Let's hope the Sacred Heart/Air Force weekends were just a blip. I'm actually happy this team plays Bentley, Holy Cross, and Sacred Heart on the road in the 2nd half, the way they drop points against lesser teams at home.

Comment

Road points are huge. If things break right, RIT will be tied for 3rd at the end of the night.

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post
          Road points are huge. If things break right, RIT will be tied for 3rd at the end of the night.
          Crazy night around the league but the tigers win!
          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Would be great to get the sweep and keep pressure on the other teams and move up in the standings.

Comment

I know I've talked about the spreadsheet that I keep, so without further ado, I present: the best 10 regular season senior classes in Atlantic Hockey history. I do also include postseason accomplishments, so if you want to mentally shuffle the list based on that, feel free. The season provided is that season's group of seniors (so for example the 2017-18 Senior class is a 4 year cycle starting with the 2014-15 season and ending with the 2017-18 season)

This includes all years that the conference was known as Atlantic Hockey. I thought about going back further into the MAAC days, but the conference records are not on uscho.com back in the MAAC days, so I stopped there.

TEAM W L T % (4 year classes only)
              1. 2009-10 RIT 77-26-9 .728 - 2.5 Regular season championships, 1 playoff championship, 2 NCAA tourney wins
              2. 2011-12 RIT 71-23-16 .718 - 2.5 Regular season championships, 1 playoff championship, 2 NCAA tourney wins
              3. 2010-11 RIT 72-24-15 .716 - 2.5 Regular season championships, 1 playoff championship, 2 NCAA tourney wins
              4. 2011-12 Air Force 63-27-20 .664 - 1.5 Regular season championships, 3 playoff championships, 1 NCAA tourney win
              5. 2016-17 Robert Morris 65-30-16 .658 - 2 Regular season championships, 1 playoff championship
              6. 2012-13 RIT 62-29-18 .651 - 2 Regular season championships, 1 playoff championship, 2 NCAA tourney wins
              7. 2015-16 Robert Morris 63-31-16 .645 - 2 Regular season championships, 1 playoff championship
              8. 2010-11 Air Force 62-30-19 .644 - 0.5 Regular season championships, 3 playoff championships, 1 NCAA tourney win
              9*. 2018-19 Air Force 57-29-13 .641 - 2 Playoff championships, 2 NCAA tourney wins *Senior season in progress*
              10. 2013-14 Air Force 59-29-20 .639 - 1 Regular season championship, 2 playoff championships

Honorable Mention (these classes played only 3 seasons in the AHA):
              2008-09 RIT: 55-21-8 .702 - 1.5 regular season championships (joined AHA in 2006-07)
              2005-06 Holy Cross: 48-18-10 .697 - 2 regular season championships, 2 playoff championships, 1 NCAA tourney win (first 3 years of AHA)
              2005-06 Mercyhurst: 49-22-5 .678 - 1 playoff championship (first 3 years of AHA)
              2012-13 Niagara: 49-21-11 .673 - 1 regular season championship, 1 at-large NCAA bid (joined AHA in 2010-11)
              Last edited by jflory81; 01-12-2019, 02:33 PM. Reason: Corrected year of Holy Cross/Mercyhurst's 3 season classes

Comment

Dang some RIT fans are going to have to be happy this week...
                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                The Mule
                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Nice work jflory. Interesting stats. RIT has had several dominant regular season records for their classes. A shame they could not get more playoff championships to go with it, but Air Force played a big part of that.

And now RIT gets the sweep and a critical 4 point weekend against AIC. AIC is a scary team that does not quit. Fortunately, RIT has gotten out to leads and was able to hang on. Now to scoreboard watch and see where the Tigers land at the end of the weekend before taking on Bentley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                    Wasn’t onboard with all these early games.....(until now)! Great weekend. 😀
                    RPI Engineers
                    RIT Tigers
                    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                      No! I refuse, you can't make me!
                      RIT

Comment

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                        No! I refuse, you can't make me!
                        Hows about this. I'm in Hawaii for ten more days and your not! Enjoy the wins and the winter chill! 😎🏄🏻*♂️
                        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

You know Lou Holtz once told a story that he finally looked forward to going to an alumni event after his Fighting Irish finished a undefeated season and won a National Championship. He anticipated no complaints. Well people did complain that they did not blow everyone out...
                          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                          The Mule
                          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                            You know Lou Holtz once told a story that he finally looked forward to going to an alumni event after his Fighting Irish finished a undefeated season and won a National Championship. He anticipated no complaints. Well people did complain that they did not blow everyone out...
                            Like when Clark Griswold finally gets his Christmas lights working and Art, his father-in-law, says the lights aren’t twinkling. 😂
                            RPI Engineers
                            RIT Tigers
                            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

As has been said before, get 3 or 4 points in a weekend, you move up in the standings. RIT grabbed 4 points and are now 4th and only 2 points out of first. Bentley will not be an easy task next weekend after what they did this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                                Interesting stats. RIT has had several dominant regular season records for their classes.
                                Yes, they are interesting. There is a lot of overlap, obviously. One significantly dominant season in 2010 (the best season by far for any AHA team to date - 1 reg season champ, 1 playoff champ and 2 tourney wins) weighted four classes worth for RIT to get into the top 10. Some of those may have been on or close to the list anyhow, but that year pushed them way over the top.
                                Can't we all just get along?
                                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X