X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
    I don't see where anyone is going to have as dominant a run in regular season play as RIT and Air Force did when they first joined. Even Air Force has not been as strong as in years past.

As for this weekend, RIT needs to win the weekend as they are the games in hand against Air Force.

RMU from 13'-17' ?
    Pretty solid run.

Comment

I don't see where anyone is going to have as dominant a run in regular season play as RIT and Air Force did when they first joined. Even Air Force has not been as strong as in years past.

As for this weekend, RIT needs to win the weekend as they are the games in hand against Air Force.
      Air Force has been consistent though. Their senior class has the best winning % of any current senior class by about .060 ahead of Mercyhurst in 2nd (that's about 13 points worth) without winning a single regular season championship over that span. Of course, winning the last two playoff championships and being in thick of it every year is certainly an enviable place to be.

I would also say that if we're considering regular season only, RIT was a class above even Air Force when the two first entered the league - Air Force's 2011-12 senior class was their top class but was only the 4th best four year class in Atlantic Hockey history (.050 behind RIT's first 3 classes).

By the way: here's the google sheets document with each senior classes' records: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
      Last edited by jflory81; 02-08-2019, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Brown will be sitting tonight due to a one game suspension.

https://www.uscho.com/2019/02/08/atl...ing-penalties/
        RPI Engineers
        RIT Tigers
        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyplayer82 View Post
          RMU from 13'-17' ?
          Pretty solid run.
          The 2 years they won the regular season titles. The other 2 years were good, but not nearly dominant.
          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2010 Frozen Four participant
          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

The 2 years they won the regular season titles. The other 2 years were good, but not nearly dominant.
            No Air Force class has ever won 2 outright regular season championships, so it seems a little ridiculous to hold only winning two against Robert Morris if we're talking regular season success and including early era Air Force as dominant. The 2016-17 Robert Morris senior class was closer to the best Air Force class in regular season success than that Air Force class was to RIT's early classes.

To add to that, no class has won 3 regular season championships outright (Several overlapping RIT classes won 2 and a share of a 3rd).

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
              Brown will be sitting tonight due to a one game suspension.

https://www.uscho.com/2019/02/08/atl...ing-penalties/
              That rule should be changed so that the suspension is pro-rated based on how much of the game the offending player would have missed on the game misconduct had it been assessed at the time. I don't know at what time of the game the Army player committed his foul, but Brown's was early in the second period. So now Brown and the Tigers are being punished for an entire game when the game misconduct that "should have been assessed" would have only cost about 39 minutes or so. Assuming the league is correct (and it is up to them, whatever that's worth), it's not the offending player's fault nor the team's fault that the referee didn't assess the right penalty at the time.

Just saying...
              Can't we all just get along?
              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                That rule should be changed so that the suspension is pro-rated based on how much of the game the offending player would have missed on the game misconduct had it been assessed at the time. I don't know at what time of the game the Army player committed his foul, but Brown's was early in the second period. So now Brown and the Tigers are being punished for an entire game when the game misconduct that "should have been assessed" would have only cost about 39 minutes or so. Assuming the league is correct (and it is up to them, whatever that's worth), it's not the offending player's fault nor the team's fault that the referee didn't assess the right penalty at the time.

Just saying...
                Even if they access the correct penalty, I believe the league would be looking at it and I would not be surprised if the game suspension was still going to be in play.

Comment

Important win tonight. Good to see Peacock back in the lineup. When this team gets whole, they are going to be very tough.

Comment

I couldn't listen to the game. What's up with a Bench Game Misconduct penalty on HC at 20:00 of the 3rd? How does that even happen?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                      I couldn't listen to the game. What's up with a Bench Game Misconduct penalty on HC at 20:00 of the 3rd? How does that even happen?

Powers &8^]
                      Refs seemingly missed what the Holy Cross bench thought was icing on us (i thought it was too but there was no replay of it). We were on the powerplay and missed the empty net and holy cross got back first but it was waved off. That would've set them up with a offensive zone faceoff with 15 seconds left. Dave Berard took those 15 seconds and about 45 seconds after the horn to let the refs know he strongly disagreed.
                      RIT Tigers
                      2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                      2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

The linesman blew a call. RIT should have been called for icing clearing the zone when Holy Cross had the goalie pulled. Linesman admitted his horrible mistake. Coach David Berard blew a gasket, as well he should have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can only imagine what he must have said to merit a game misconduct. Isn't that usually a minor for unsportsmanlike conduct?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Ugh cant lose to a garbage team like that. Awful with a 3-1 lead - no its not acceptable - top to bottom is not a even in AHC we lost to a terrible team (this year)

Comment

Originally posted by unscarred76 View Post
                              Ugh cant lose to a garbage team like that. Awful with a 3-1 lead - no its not acceptable - top to bottom is not a even in AHC we lost to a terrible team (this year)
                              Coach clearly was not happy in his post game interview. Not for nothing though, the refs didn't call ANYTHING on Holy Cross until a weak call late in the game.

Hopefully they will take frustrations out on a suddenly hot Sacred Heart team.

Comment

I just watch a NESN Replay. I'm a lot more upset with the Tigers than the officials. They basically let them play, I'm sorry I gotta disagree with my buddy Matt Cambell (from what I heard though the WITR guys had a terrible vantage point) the Interference call on Willet was text book and should be call every-time. With these officials the excuse that well they aren't calling it tonight (which was a little debatable, I thought it was pretty clean on tape) is just not smart in a tie game. Of any of the calls, I thought maybe the one on Petrucci was a dive, hard to tell they cut away quickly. I think we just get to used to belly-aching over the officiating. Not that there not reason to complain, but this was a game that was there to be taken and if you can't take a game you have in hand and beat minor bad officiating your in trouble when you run into a much better team with bad officiating.

The game winning goal pretty much summed it up. McKay loses an edge, I still don't know how he had no one near him and just had to make a simple cut and the rush is neutralized. Drackett was not even close in making the save. This honestly may have been his worst weekend, he biggest improvement this season has been making that big save and he struggled really both nights. I think Wilson was very right in saying he's got to make the save, and not pinning it on him, the team as a whole deserved this loss. They are showing a bad pattern of not playing well in the 3rd period this season. And it's bitterly disappointing to get out played in the clutch against a team that is struggling as much as Holy Cross. Give them credit though they deserve it. RIT probably can kiss their chance for a regular season title away now, and may miss a first round bye.

Last couple of years, the really suspect for this team has just been explainable brain fart moments at the worst times. They've covered it up with better play this season, but still it has shownit's ugly head at time. This team has to be better in the third if they are going anywhere come playoff time...
                                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                                The Mule
                                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Working...
                                X