X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
    Tigers played with am empty net for most of the game, it's just not reflected in the stats
    Ouch!
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      One word: Pathetic.
      Ouch! 😎
      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

I predict an RIT WIN tonight! Lets go boys! Yesterday was practice. Now we need to just win 2 games!
        R I T HOCKEY
        Frozen Four
        Elite Eight
        NCAA Tournament
        2010-2015-2016
        RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
          When you take into account quality of opposition and stakes of the game, that may have been the worst performance of RIT's D-1 history...
          Replace "... may have been..." with "...definitely was..." and I'm right there with you.
          That sounded nearly as bad as the shellackings they took in the D-III Frozen Fours back in the late '90's. The only difference is that those were elimination games.
          Not to minimize anything SHU did last night. They are a very good team right now that took it to the Tigers last night, but... From the sounds of the game itself and from Coach Wilson's comments, it's unbelievable that a team could play a post-season game like that. There is no way anyone in this conference is 5+ goals better than anyone else, especially at playoff time. They just had absolutely nothing last night. No fire, no fight, no passing, no energy, no speed, no goaltending, no defense, very little offense (ok, so there's something).
          Can't we all just get along?
          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
            So who is the goalie tomorrow?
            Cast my vote for an empty net, though he may be tired from playing a full 60 last night

Edit: finished reading comments and blazer beat me to it. Eh, still true
            Last edited by Schmitty; 03-14-2019, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Schmitty View Post
              Cast my vote for an empty net, though he may be tired from playing a full 60 last night

Edit: finished reading comments and blazer beat me to it. Eh, still true
              Regardless who is playing tonight for the Tigers, I hope they prove me wrong as I don’t have a warm and fuzzy feeling about tonight’s game. I’ve been wrong all year on these Tigers and I hope I’m wrong again and the Seniors can carry this team to a win tonight and a series deciding third game tomorrow night. Right now my gut says “no”, but again prove me wrong Tigers!
              RPI Engineers
              RIT Tigers
              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                Regardless who is playing tonight for the Tigers, I hope they prove me wrong as I don’t have a warm and fuzzy feeling about tonight’s game. I’ve been wrong all year on these Tigers and I hope I’m wrong again and the Seniors can carry this team to a win tonight and a series deciding third game tomorrow night. Right now my gut says “no”, but again prove me wrong Tigers!
                Not to worry.... They will pull through tonight. It's tomorrow that will stress me out
                RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                  Not to worry.... They will pull through tonight. It's tomorrow that will stress me out
                  Wish I was as optimistic as you are. My heart is hoping for a win, but my gut fears a blown lead in the 3rd.
                  John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                  AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                  AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                  NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                  NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                  NCAA DII - 1983
                  NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Well, much better first period tonight. Granted it couldn't get any worse, but a 3-0 lead is pretty sweet.
                    RIT

Comment

Originally posted by bluesy View Post
                      Yep, my bad. I missed the "combined" and have edited my comment.
                      The Stat sheet I saw after 2 had one at minus 3 and the other at negative 5. Tough night, but that was about everyone, just the two that had the misfortune of the worst Stat end od the spanking
                      Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                      The Mule
                      Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                        Well, much better first period tonight. Granted it couldn't get any worse, but a 3-0 lead is pretty sweet.
                        It’s a good start, hope they keep the foot on the gas.

Comment

So up 4 going into the third where the Tigers seems to give up 90 goals, but I'm not worried
                          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                          The Mule
                          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                            So up 4 going into the third where the Tigers seems to give up 90 goals, but I'm not worried
                            Inauspicious start to the 3rd, giving back 1 goal to make it 5-2.. now a penalty by Vallette.
                            John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                            AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                            AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                            NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                            NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                            NCAA DII - 1983
                            NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                              Tigers...thank you for proving me wrong tonight... now both Blaze and I will be stressing out tomorrow night. Blood pressure will be jumping a few points no doubt, will keep the chewable aspirin handy...
                              RPI Engineers
                              RIT Tigers
                              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                                Tigers...thank you for proving me wrong tonight... now both Blaze and I will be stressing out tomorrow night. Blood pressure will be jumping a few points no doubt, will keep the chewable aspirin handy...
                                I'm taking Tom's route tonight, going to be a good game if both teams come out firing. 3rd period was a little rough to listen to.

There's video of all ten goals on the school's website.
                                https://www.ritathletics.com/news/2019/3/14/mens-hockey-evens-atlantic-hockey-quarterfinal-series-with-7-3-win-in-game-two.aspx
                                Last edited by blazer777; 03-15-2019, 06:23 AM.
                                RIT Tigers

Comment

Working...
                                X