This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

After a couple of seasons where they could only seem to muster up a "meow", I think all of us are more than ready to hear a "roar" from the Tigers. Here's to hoping that they can restore the fear they used to instill in the rest of the AHA, and earn some respect from their OOC opponents. That should go a long ways toward lighting up the fanbase and putting some more butts in the seats at the GPC.

Has there been any discussion about TV for this year? Still doing live coverage on ritsz, with delay broadcast on CW?
    John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
    AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
    AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
    NCAA DII - 1983
    NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Oh hello! Ed, can you kill off last year's please?
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
      Oh hello! Ed, can you kill off last year's please?
      It's bleedin' demised.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
        It's bleedin' demised.
        Like most of our threads

Hate to start a new thread out with bad news, but the good news is this bad news doesn't affect this season.

Looks like the Tigers have lost a committed recruit for next season. After a monster season in the GOJHL, all indications are that Kaleb Pearson is going to play for Owen Sound of the OHL. This would make him ineligible for a year plus ever game he plays, effectively making it unlikely at best that he will ever arrive in Henrietta, NY.

The current commits for next year are

Sam Kozlowski- RW - Lose one and get one back, well in my crazy head. He was on the radar for this year, but looks like he is going to play another year of Juniors with Prince George of the BCHL
        Ryan Nicholson - LD - He is moving this year from the GOJHL to Oakville of the OJHL
        Thomas Maia- C - He also is playing in Oakville (Will have to see them against the Jr. Sabres)
        Elijah Gonsalves-RW - Will also be in the OJHL at Wellington.
        Last edited by Tom Naeger; 09-05-2018, 09:12 AM.
        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
        The Mule
        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
          After a couple of seasons where they could only seem to muster up a "meow", I think all of us are more than ready to hear a "roar" from the Tigers. Here's to hoping that they can restore the fear they used to instill in the rest of the AHA, and earn some respect from their OOC opponents. That should go a long ways toward lighting up the fanbase and putting some more butts in the seats at the GPC.

Has there been any discussion about TV for this year? Still doing live coverage on ritsz, with delay broadcast on CW?
          Well done XCTiger.

Bought my Brickcity tickets last night. I normally try to get down by the tunnel where the Tigers enter the ice. That section and most sections down on the ice (except for behind the nets) seemed to be gone. Weird, some years you can grab those seats down there ( last year I did and against Michigan I did) but other years you seem relegated to having to sit way up high. Anyway got the tickets and will be up to see the Tigers play Colgate. This year you can print out your tickets, they emai you a pdf.
          RPI Engineers
          RIT Tigers
          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Greetings everyone. I hope you had a great summer! Looking forward to another year of RIT Hockey. It'll be my 15th year watching the Tigers (I'm sure many of you have a decade or two on me). Maybe the team will be in the mood for an anniversary gift (NCAA tourney, please).

Any word on if home games will be broadcast by RIT SZ again this year? That was great, except I'd prefer to listen to Ed/Scott than John/Gene.
            RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
              ...Any word on if home games will be broadcast by RIT SZ again this year? That was great, except I'd prefer to listen to Ed/Scott than John/Gene.
              Agreed on the SZ coverage... it was indeed great, and the pregame shows are quite entertaining as well. As for the WITR audio preference (also agreed!), I have achieved “sniper-status” at syncing-up the WITR broadcast on one device (I use my phone) with the SZ video. However this year, I hope to make the trip up I-390 to see a good-portion of the games.

Not sure how the three 5:05 starts may affect that plan though. They are at least limited to Saturdays, which is good. The only aspect I see it affecting at this time is that occasionally I like to treat myself (and “the Wife”) to the Club seats for “dinner and a hockey game”. Considering the food option, Club seats are not a bad deal at all, but I question if I will get seats in the Club section with the 5:05 games. I mean, I’m old, but not old enough for the “early bird dinner” timeframe just-yet (...but I’m getting REAL close!!!). And, as an added bonus, the 5:05 games will get me on the road sooner so we can take-in a Wahlburger in Avon on the way home!

Cheers!!!
              ~TTF
              Dave
              RIT - '90

Comment

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
                I mean, I’m old, but not old enough for the “early bird dinner” timeframe just-yet
                That's debatable, Cheers!!!

Love to see you some more, may even have a ticket for you from time to time ;-)
                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                The Mule
                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Just saw on the other college hockey news site that Atlantic Hockey is moving their tournament from Blue Cross Arena to the Harborcenter for this upcoming season, as part of a 1 year deal. https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...hip-Moving.php

Certainly more appropriately sized (especially for those years RIT has not made it to Blue Cross...)
                  Last edited by mar7967; 09-07-2018, 03:34 PM.
                  Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                  College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                  Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                  Men's Frozen Four 2010
                  Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                  Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                    Just saw on the other college hockey news site that Atlantic Hockey is moving their tournament from Blue Cross Arena to the Harborcenter for this upcoming season, as part of a 1 year deal. https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...hip-Moving.php

Certainly more appropriately sized (especially for those years RIT has not made it to Blue Cross...)
                    https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...hip-Moving.php
                    It is a better size, but the event will be even more lost in the shuffle in Buffalo than it was in Rochester.

Also I now don't want to hear another peep, especially from Canisius fans, about RIT's "unfair advantage" when the tournament is held in Rochester. At least it wasn't in our home arena! Does Canisius get to use their own locker room?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                      It is a better size, but the event will be even more lost in the shuffle in Buffalo than it was in Rochester.

Also I now don't want to hear another peep, especially from Canisius fans, about RIT's "unfair advantage" when the tournament is held in Rochester. At least it wasn't in our home arena! Does Canisius get to use their own locker room?

Powers &8^]
                      Next it will be at Bentley
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                        I talked to Bob DeGregorio about that at the press conference today, basically asking him flat out if they planned to do a better job promoting an event that was almost invisible in Rochester. (A part of that conversation is in the story on USCHO: https://www.uscho.com/2018/09/07/atl...-in-rochester/) Bottom line, they'll have Pegula Sports and Entertainment as a partner and they'll have them behind it. I'd expect to see it promoted much better. They're also going to have a major sponsor but that's still being negotiated.

The biggest reason is the amenities. All four teams will be in the Marriott that's part of Harborcenter, and all four teams will have their own locker room for the duration. They're going to have an awards dinner (and the media will now be invited, which we haven't been for the last few years).

Comment

Also, there's a much easier hurdle to fill 1,800 seats than 10,000. It just makes more sense. Let's face it, BCA should have been replaced. The renovations were insufficient, and three decades later, that's even more evident.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                            Also, there's a much easier hurdle to fill 1,800 seats than 10,000. It just makes more sense. Let's face it, BCA should have been replaced. The renovations were insufficient, and three decades later, that's even more evident.
                            I agree here. I only worry about the mad rush to get tickets on years when RIT makes it, since we have put almost double that capacity in BCA when we have made it. But I understand the bigger picture where the league can't bank on that happening and the atmosphere without it sucks.
                            Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                            College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                            Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                            Men's Frozen Four 2010
                            Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                            Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

It will be interesting to see what sort of ticket allocation each team has and how many are for the general public. If there were a tournament with four of the five NY/PA teams in it, including RIT, it would be a sellout for certain.

Comment

Working...
                              X