X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
    Based on?????? Fools don't take teams to the Frozen Four or 3 NCAA tournament appearances.

3 NCAA appearances in 13 years playing in the weakest league in Division I hockey. Maybe not a fool but not great either, just ok/average.

Comment

Based on?????? Fools don't take teams to the Frozen Four or 3 NCAA tournament appearances.
      Though it tickles me how seriously you took this, I was specifically poking at his lengthy tenure as a coach who has no idea what he's doing with starting goalies and how to read the room on those calls. The most logical Wilson goalie movie is often the opposite of the one he makes (or has been in years past) so truly only a fool would expect that Drackett was locked in as the guy for this weekend. He might be. He might not. But on a Coach Wilson team given how December panned out, I would give it at best 60/40 odds.
      RIT

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeyplayer82 View Post
        3 NCAA appearances in 13 years playing in the weakest league in Division I hockey. Maybe not a fool but not great either, just ok/average.
        Well.... To be accurate, they could not compete in the conference playoffs until the 2007-2008 season. 13 - 2 - 2018 = 10 years.

He also coached one of the few teams not to get bounced in the first game of the regionals as well. For a couple of those years, the season ended with them playing a strong Air Force team at the Blue Cross Arena.

Sure, he's confounding sometimes but to think anybody else on this thread could do better would only continue the "Fools" aspect of the most recent comment's, on of which I wrote 😎
        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
          Well.... To be accurate, they could not compete in the conference playoffs until the 2007-2008 season. 13 - 2 - 2018 = 10 years.

He also coached one of the few teams not to get bounced in the first game of the regionals as well. For a couple of those years, the season ended with them playing a strong Air Force team at the Blue Cross Arena.

Sure, he's confounding sometimes but to think anybody else on this thread could do better would only continue the "Fools" aspect of the most recent comment's, on of which I wrote 😎
          this is the 13th year...So 12 completed years in AHC, 11 years eligble for post season play, 3 Ncaa appearances in the worst league in NCAA DI.... like I wrote earlier... Just OK/Average coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeyplayer82 View Post
            this is the 13th year...So 12 completed years in AHC, 11 years eligble for post season play, 3 Ncaa appearances in the worst league in NCAA DI.... like I wrote earlier... Just OK/Average coach.
            Sorry, didn't realize this season already ended. Like I said before...
            RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
              Happy New Year Blaze. Looking forward to the second half of the season. I think attrition is going to play a big part in the second half of the season as some teams are already banged up. Mr Drackett staying healthy, like many have said, will have an impact of how far this team goes. Buckle up I’m sure we will see many twists and turns over the next few months.
              RPI Engineers
              RIT Tigers
              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                Don’t argue with a guy who doesn’t understand math.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyplayer82 View Post
                  Here's a list of teams that have made the NCAAs for Atlantic Hockey since RIT has been eligible:
                  Air Force (6)
                  RIT (3)
                  Canisius (1)
                  Robert Morris (1)
                  Niagara (1)

If Coach Wilson is just OK/Average - I would LOVE to see your comment regarding all the other team's coaches aside from Frank Serratore.

Oh, and RIT has the most NCAA tournament wins of any Atlantic Hockey program.
                  2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                  2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2010 Frozen Four participant
                  2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                    Happy New Year Blaze. Looking forward to the second half of the season. I think attrition is going to play a big part in the second half of the season as some teams are already banged up. Mr Drackett staying healthy, like many have said, will have an impact of how far this team goes. Buckle up I’m sure we will see many twists and turns over the next few months.
                    Hey Downstate, happy New Year's to you too! Looking forward to part two as well. Injuries are always a contributor to bad play near the end of the season. As long as the tigers are competitive and winning, it doesn't matter to me who's in goal.
                    RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      Don’t argue with a guy who doesn’t understand math.
                      Russell/Blazer77 and math do not get along. Just look on the RIT page on the USCHO website and you can count the 11 eligible seasons for post season play.

Whoops-Fingers and toes end at ten........

Started DI program in 2005-2006-mixed DI and DIII schedule not in AHC yet

06-07- Atlantic Hockey but not eligible for post season play

07-08 Eligible for playoffs-1
                      08-09 Eligible for playoffs-2
                      09-10 Eligible for playoffs -3 NCAA
                      10-11 Eligible for playoffs-4
                      11-12 Eligible for playoffs-5
                      12-13 Eligible for playoffs-6
                      13-14 Eligible for playoffs-7
                      14-15 Eligible for playoffs-8 NCAA
                      15-16 Eligible for playoffs-9 NCAA
                      16-17 Eligible for playoffs-10
                      17-18 Eligible for playoffs-11

18-19 current season

Comment

Here's a list of teams that have made the NCAAs for Atlantic Hockey since RIT has been eligible:
                        Air Force (6)
                        RIT (3)
                        Canisius (1)
                        Robert Morris (1)
                        Niagara (1)

If Coach Wilson is just OK/Average - I would LOVE to see your comment regarding all the other team's coaches aside from Frank Serratore.

Oh, and RIT has the most NCAA tournament wins of any Atlantic Hockey program.
                        You get what you pay for. AHC has the lowest paid coaches in DI. All of the coaches are just ok except Serratore. No idea how RPI went after Dave smith from Canisus..Other then Dave Smith has any other head coach moved to another league/team as a head coach? I cannot remember one and I am sure they put their resume in for open jobs. Assistant coaches seldomly leave, they can't, no one values their AHC expereince. It is what it is. So what you are saying is.. Wilson is the smartest in a room full of dumb dumbs???? Not buying it....Just OK/Average coach

Comment

Russell/Blazer77 and math do not get along. Just look on the RIT page on the USCHO website and you can count the 11 eligible seasons for post season play.

Whoops-Fingers and toes end at ten........

Started DI program in 2005-2006-mixed DI and DIII schedule not in AHC yet

06-07- Atlantic Hockey but not eligible for post season play

07-08 Eligible for playoffs-1
                          08-09 Eligible for playoffs-2
                          09-10 Eligible for playoffs -3 NCAA
                          10-11 Eligible for playoffs-4
                          11-12 Eligible for playoffs-5
                          12-13 Eligible for playoffs-6
                          13-14 Eligible for playoffs-7
                          14-15 Eligible for playoffs-8 NCAA
                          15-16 Eligible for playoffs-9 NCAA
                          16-17 Eligible for playoffs-10
                          17-18 Eligible for playoffs-11

18-19 current season
                          X - 2005-2006
                          X =- 2006-2007
                          1. 2007-2008
                          2. 2008-2009
                          3. 2009-2010
                          4. 2010-2011
                          5. 2011-2012
                          6. 2012-2013
                          7. 2013-2014
                          8. 2014-2015
                          9. 2015-2016
                          10. 2016-2017
                          11. 2017-2018
                          2018-

Yes, you are correct here but it was so foolish of me to base my assumption off you incomplete thought:

This would have been more concise:

3 NCAA appearances in 15 years (with two years being ineligible for conference playoffs) playing in the weakest league in Division I hockey. Maybe not a fool but not great either, just ok/average.
                          Now that's better IMHO

Funny how you praise Frank Serratore whom I would put up there with Wilson, after all, his AFA teams have appeared in seven (7) NCAA Tourney appearances starting back in 2007 (post CHA) but the best they could muster was three (3) regional finals losing all three (3) but you think Wilson's just 'meh'.

Now finally back to hockey!
                          RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                            Funny how you praise Frank Serratore whom I would put up there with Wilson, after all, his AFA teams have appeared in seven (7) NCAA Tourney appearances starting back in 2007 (post CHA) but the best they could muster was three (3) regional finals losing all three (3) but you think Wilson's just 'meh'.
                            I'm not necessarily arguing for or against blazer or hockeyplayer, but I will say you're kind of arguing his point for him.
                            Within the time RIT has been in AHC and eligible the numbers are as follows:
                            AHC titles - AFA 6, RIT 3
                            Regional Finals - AFA 3, RIT 2
                            Tournament wins - AFA 3, RIT 3
                            Frozen Fours - RIT 1, AFA 0

So RIT won one game that AFA has yet to win, the regional final. The Falcons have been painfully close to winning that game all three times, losing by 1 goal each time, including a 2OT game against UVm and a loss to the eventual champs, UMD, last season. Granted a loss is a loss, but they've been right there every time in the regional finals. They've also been within 1 or 2 goals in most of their first round losses as well, usually against one of the top two teams in the tournament. All three of RIT's tournament losses were lopsided, 8-1, 4-0 and 4-0.
                            If you want to argue Coach Wilson's superiority to Coach Serratore, this isn't the angle to take.
                            Can't we all just get along?
                            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

I would say Serratore and Wilson and the 2 premier coaches in Atlantic Hockey. What Serratore and Air Force have done since joining Atlantic Hockey is amazing, especially when they were near the bottom of the CHA at the time they joined. That alone should tell you how bad Atlantic Hockey was the first few years after RIT and Air Force joined that a bottom team in the other mid-major and a team that started with about half the team being DIII recruits dominated the league. That won't happen now. I'm not comparing those 2 coaches.

However, to disparage the success that Wilson has had is just silly when it was a mere 2 years ago RIT came off it's second of back to back NCAA tournament appearances. Talent-wise, there is no doubt in my mind that this year's team is more than capable of winning the Atlantic Hockey tournament. They need to play closer to how they did in the beginning of the year as opposed to the last 6 games to do that though.

Comment

You get what you pay for. AHC has the lowest paid coaches in DI. All of the coaches are just ok except Serratore. No idea how RPI went after Dave smith from Canisus..Other then Dave Smith has any other head coach moved to another league/team as a head coach? I cannot remember one and I am sure they put their resume in for open jobs. Assistant coaches seldomly leave, they can't, no one values their AHC expereince. It is what it is. So what you are saying is.. Wilson is the smartest in a room full of dumb dumbs???? Not buying it....Just OK/Average coach
                                Unless I am mistaken, until recently, almost all the coaches in Atlantic Hockey are lifers at the universities.

Bentley - Soderquist has been there since 2002
                                Holy Cross - Pearl was there from 1998-2014
                                Mercyhurst - Gotkin has been there since 1988(!)
                                Niagara - Burkholder was there from 2001-2017
                                AIC - Gary WRight from 1984-2016

Sensing a pattern here?

Which ones do you think would have tried to move on?

Comment

Working...
                                X