Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 952

Thread: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

  1. #901
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,475

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer777 View Post
    I'm taking Tom's route tonight, going to be a good game if both teams come out firing. 3rd period was a little rough to listen to.

    There's video of all ten goals on the school's website.
    https://www.ritathletics.com/news/20...-game-two.aspx
    After all this scoring in the first two games, this can only mean that tonight's game will be scoreless into quadruple overtime...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  2. #902
    All it takes is two to be a network Ed Trefzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,646

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    After all this scoring in the first two games, this can only mean that tonight's game will be scoreless into quadruple overtime...
    is right. Grrr.

  3. #903
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Portsmouth, NH
    Posts
    1,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
    is right. Grrr.
    Just in case, you might want to get some take away from DiBella's. There's one just east of Milford

  4. #904
    Too many tools is an oxymoron
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

    SHE scores first, and the Tigers already lookin a little flat.
    John Nabors

    RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
    AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
    AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
    NCAA DII - 1983
    NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

  5. #905
    An Answer or Opinion for Everything
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    After all this scoring in the first two games, this can only mean that tonight's game will be scoreless into quadruple overtime...
    I said this after 40 last night and it's still echoing...
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

    Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03


    "Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

    "If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

  6. #906
    All it takes is two to be a network Ed Trefzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,646

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Naeger View Post
    I said this after 40 last night and it's still echoing...
    You guys can shut up now.

  7. #907
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
    You guys can shut up now.
    What fun would that be...?

  8. #908
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    404

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

    *Phew* Buffalo here we come.

    Wonder if AHA is going to end up regretting moving the final weekend there now that RIT has qualified. Sure RIT will provide a contingent, but almost certainly not as many as if the games were in Rochester.

    (All this assuming Air Force takes care of Niagara of course)

  9. #909
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Portsmouth, NH
    Posts
    1,655

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

    Great game tigers!

  10. #910
    Don't pray for yesterday tonight
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    757

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer777 View Post
    Great game tigers!
    Faith restored... Great job boys especially the way we Tiger fans, especially me, let doubt about our beloved Tigers creep into our heads after the flat Wednesday night game...
    RPI Engineers
    RIT Tigers
    ARMY Black Knights

  11. #911
    An Answer or Opinion for Everything
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
    You guys can shut up now.
    You know I have a wife who tells me that all the time.

    See you in my hometown town a week from today. Where we going for wings on Saturday??
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

    Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03


    "Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

    "If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

  12. #912
    Lt. J. Isaac Powers, Starfleet
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Final Frontier
    Posts
    2,482

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
    Wonder if AHA is going to end up regretting moving the final weekend there now that RIT has qualified. Sure RIT will provide a contingent, but almost certainly not as many as if the games were in Rochester.
    In Buffalo they will get Niagara fans (or Canisius fans in future years) if either qualifies. RIT fans will travel. They may even get some Mercyhurst fans. In Rochester, it was just RIT and a handful of veterans who root for Air Force or Army.


    Powers &8^]

  13. #913
    Hey, you SUCK!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,322

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    In Buffalo they will get Niagara fans (or Canisius fans in future years) if either qualifies. RIT fans will travel. They may even get some Mercyhurst fans. In Rochester, it was just RIT and a handful of veterans who root for Air Force or Army.


    Powers &8^]
    You might want to look at the attendance the Niagara/Canisius rivalry series drew last week.............


    (hint: Niagara and Canisius are not contributing meaningfully to attendance)
    RIT

  14. #914
    Don't pray for yesterday tonight
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    757

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by RIT Winters View Post
    You might want to look at the attendance the Niagara/Canisius rivalry series drew last week.............


    (hint: Niagara and Canisius are not contributing meaningfully to attendance)
    Agree with this, however if those two schools spring breaks coincide with RIT's they probably lost the 'casual' student fan which may have played a part in the dismal attendance numbers.

    Was somewhat surprised to see Niagara beat AF in OT last night.
    RPI Engineers
    RIT Tigers
    ARMY Black Knights

  15. #915
    An Answer or Opinion for Everything
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

    This was a big win in Program history. After this two year slump it's big to get back to the AHA final four. I agree and am disappointed with Wayne Wilson that RIT doesn't seem to match up well with SHU. But they fought hard and got a big road series win. See you in my hometown of Buffalo!
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

    Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03


    "Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

    "If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

  16. #916
    An Answer or Opinion for Everything
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

    The notion of Campus Site final four helping attendance is dead, at least in the Atlantic. If you take all 3 "Eastern" sites that played a quarterfinal game last night the combined paid attendance was 2,083, not even a sale out at the old Ritter. The average is just below 700. I really think HarborCenter and Blur Cross are the only two real choices. Maybe the Erie Insurance Arena would work if Mercyhurst or RMU was in it. Air Force could draw, not sure what arena are out there other than their own, but the cost to send 3 teams out there would out weigh the attendance benefits.
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

    Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03


    "Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

    "If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

  17. #917
    Too many tools is an oxymoron
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Naeger View Post
    This was a big win in Program history. After this two year slump it's big to get back to the AHA final four. I agree and am disappointed with Wayne Wilson that RIT doesn't seem to match up well with SHU. But they fought hard and got a big road series win. See you in my hometown of Buffalo!
    Found it interesting that he admitted in the post game comments that the Tigers didn't match up that well with SHU. For this series at least, the Pioneers seemed to have better team speed. Even in the two wins, the Tigers looked to be doing an awful lot of chasing. Not like that speed is going to graduate either, as the look to be freshman and sophmore lead.
    John Nabors

    RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
    AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
    AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
    NCAA DII - 1983
    NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

  18. #918
    An Answer or Opinion for Everything
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
    Agree with this, however if those two schools spring breaks coincide with RIT's they probably lost the 'casual' student fan which may have played a part in the dismal attendance numbers.

    Was somewhat surprised to see Niagara beat AF in OT last night.
    It's not going to matter. Niagara and Canisius only care about basketball. And even with that it's secondary to UB.

    The advantage of HarborCenter is for the families and players with the hotels attached and sure costs less...

    Filling the arena really will depend on RIT being there. I don't think I've seen any advertising here in Buffalo for it. The league fails in more than just officiating...
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

    Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03


    "Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

    "If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

  19. #919
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Naeger View Post
    The notion of Campus Site final four helping attendance is dead, at least in the Atlantic. If you take all 3 "Eastern" sites that played a quarterfinal game last night the combined paid attendance was 2,083, not even a sale out at the old Ritter. The average is just below 700. I really think HarborCenter and Blur Cross are the only two real choices. Maybe the Erie Insurance Arena would work if Mercyhurst or RMU was in it. Air Force could draw, not sure what arena are out there other than their own, but the cost to send 3 teams out there would out weigh the attendance benefits.
    Imagine if the top four seeds had held serve and all advanced to the finals this year, in Buffalo. Would have had the atmosphere of a public free skate.

    Your data point also lacks the detail that two of those three schools were on Spring break, which isn't the case during finals.

  20. #920
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    404

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by schiegs View Post
    Imagine if the top four seeds had held serve and all advanced to the finals this year, in Buffalo. Would have had the atmosphere of a public free skate.

    Your data point also lacks the detail that two of those three schools were on Spring break, which isn't the case during finals.
    The three eastern sites combine to average 2,198 through the regular season, with Bentley contributing over half of that, so it's not like the low crowds this weekend were an outlier. 5 of the 6 NCAA schools who average less than 1000 fans a game hail from Atlantic Hockey, and Canisius just barely snuck over at 1,022.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 4 guests)

  1. Rochester

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •