X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
    That statement gets harder and harder to believe as you continue. I'm shocked. And afraid of Niagara, haha
    Look at the box score. AFA gets the first 13 SOG in the second period. Niagara only gets two SOG in the period, 16:47 and 16:58, and score on BOTH of them. Billy the Greek, First Team AHA goalie, makes ZERO saves in the second period. AFA outshoots Niagara 34-5 during the last 40 minutes of the game, but both teams score two goals each during that span.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Scott Biggar
    WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
    Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
      Look at the box score. AFA gets the first 13 SOG in the second period. Niagara only gets two SOG in the period, 16:47 and 16:58, and score on BOTH of them. Billy the Greek, First Team AHA goalie, makes ZERO saves in the second period. AFA outshoots Niagara 34-5 during the last 40 minutes of the game, but both teams score two goals each during that span.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      How many blocked shots by AF, though? That may at least have something to do with the low shot numbers from NU.

Still surprising though. Purps are a force to be reckoned with this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by schiegs View Post
        With 5X the student body, I sure hope so.
        That's exactly right. If RIT were drawing as well as AIC, RIT would be turning 2000+ away every home game. Yes, I know adjusting for school size doesn't increase revenue or decrease most costs, but some people need to get off their high horses, stop picking at nits, and enjoy the **** games. I swear, you'd think with the way some people go on that game attendance is somehow a moral virtue. God forbid that a student goes to the library instead, or an alum goes to his kids' games instead of the alma mater's.

This topic drives me nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Schmitty View Post
          How many blocked shots by AF, though? That may at least have something to do with the low shot numbers from NU.

This may help you answer that question.

https://goairforcefalcons.com/services/download_file.ashx?file_location=https://s3.amazonaws.com/goairforcefalcons.com/documents/2019/3/16/AF_NIA_AHC_2.pdf

There's a column labeled Bl but I'm not sure what that means.
          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by Schmitty View Post

According to the advanced metrics on collegehockeynews.com, Air Force out attempted Niagara 177-79 over the 2 game series. That's nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
              This may help you answer that question.

https://goairforcefalcons.com/servic..._NIA_AHC_2.pdf

There's a column labeled Bl but I'm not sure what that means.
              That's blocked shots. Niagara blocked 23 Air Force shots. That's something Niagara does very well.

Comment

And it's RMU to Buffalo. Shocker over Bentley
                RIT Tigers

Comment

Robert Morris just beat Bentley in OT. RIT will need to take their white jerseys to Buffalo. RIT will be no lower than the 2nd seed in the semifinals. If Army wins, RIT is the top seed.

If AIC wins, RIT takes on Niagara in the late semi as the home team. If Army wins, RIT plays Army in the early semi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                    Robert Morris just beat Bentley in OT. RIT will need to take their white jerseys to Buffalo. RIT will be no lower than the 2nd seed in the semifinals. If Army wins, RIT is the top seed.

If AIC wins, RIT takes on Niagara in the late semi as the home team. If Army wins, RIT plays Army in the early semi.
                    2,3, and 4 seeds go down. Can AIC hold serve?
                    RPI Engineers
                    RIT Tigers
                    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                      2,3, and 4 seeds go down. Can AIC hold serve?
                      And they did but it's now time for the tigers to focus on their Friday opponent. One game at a time.
                      RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                        And they did but it's now time for the tigers to focus on their Friday opponent. One game at a time.
                        Agreed. If the Tigers have the choice I hope they go with their black jerseys. 😀
                        RPI Engineers
                        RIT Tigers
                        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                          Agreed. If the Tigers have the choice I hope they go with their black jerseys. ��
                          RIT will be the home team, since they are the second highest remaining seed, so should wear their white jersey's.
                          Scott Biggar
                          WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
                          Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
                            RIT will be the home team, since they are the second highest remaining seed, so should wear their white jersey's.
                            I do believe it is their choice, as it is Niagara's road are Purple or they could just wear the white...

BTW, if your going to Harborcenter expect a Zoo in the area, Ariana Grande is performing (or whatever she does) on Friday. And the Bandits play Toronto on Saturday. Expect the parking garage to be jacked up in price and if your thinking 716 you better get a reservation.

Also for people who have not been into Buffalo yet this year, Meter Parking has been changed in downtown, instead of free after 5pm/weekends its now extend when their is an "event" downtown thanks to those lovely governments that some people love so much...
                            Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                            The Mule
                            Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                              I do believe it is their choice, as it is Niagara's road are Purple or they could just wear the white...

BTW, if your going to Harborcenter expect a Zoo in the area, Ariana Grande is performing (or whatever she does) on Friday. And the Bandits play Toronto on Saturday. Expect the parking garage to be jacked up in price and if your thinking 716 you better get a reservation.

Also for people who have not been into Buffalo yet this year, Meter Parking has been changed in downtown, instead of free after 5pm/weekends its now extend when their is an "event" downtown thanks to those lovely governments that some people love so much...
                              Speaking of parking in downtown Buffalo (sorry for the aside, but...)...
                              Where would you recommend for parking / metro transportation for the Thursday games at the Frozen Four for those of us coming in from Rochester?
                              It's always a hassle finding a place to park on a Thursday afternoon in downtown of whatever city is the host. Everyone who works/parks in downtown is already in place and hasn't left work yet when we arrive, leaving little to nothing available for hockey fans.
                              Can't we all just get along?
                              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Park at Riverworks and walk over...15 minute walk lol
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X