This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
    What about the Milford Ice Pavilion? Are the Pioneers no longer welcome there?
    Probably too late to work out a contract and pay the local DPW staff for their overtime work.

I do hear that the JAR is available though!
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

If the debate starts up again about Atlantic Hockey returning it's final four to highest seed campus sites, this situation has to be the biggest argument against it. SHU really screwed up when they set up their agreement with the WBA. At least AIC worked out with the MassMutal Center to keep the 15-16-17 weekend open (giving them the benefit of the doubt here) as the Thunderbirds are on the road, and nothing else is scheduled.

Can't wait to see the quarterfinal attendance numbers for SHU and AIC. Too bad they can't separate the home from visitor numbers.
      John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
      AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
      AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
      NCAA DII - 1983
      NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
        If the debate starts up again about Atlantic Hockey returning it's final four to highest seed campus sites, this situation has to be the biggest argument against it. SHU really screwed up when they set up their agreement with the WBA. At least AIC worked out with the MassMutal Center to keep the 15-16-17 weekend open (giving them the benefit of the doubt here) as the Thunderbirds are on the road, and nothing else is scheduled.

Can't wait to see the quarterfinal attendance numbers for SHU and AIC. Too bad they can't separate the home from visitor numbers.
        What would be a dream is if RIT beats SHU and plays AIC in the quarter finals. 4-0 vs AIC!
        R I T HOCKEY
        Frozen Four
        Elite Eight
        NCAA Tournament
        2010-2015-2016
        RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

So Jim Dahl posted a PWR "what if" calculator type thing (see the article that he links to in the thread he started), so I was curious what type of season RIT would have had to had to get an at-large bid in a year where RIT played high quality non-conference opposition but where Atlantic Hockey also had somewhat of a down year.

It turns out being right about where I thought they would have to be. I gave them a 4-2 OOC record (splits vs. UMass and Arizona State, wins vs. NE and Colgate) and a 20-7-1 conference record, and that put them squarely on the bubble when combined with a 3 game series loss to Sacred Heart (granted, they would be playing weaker opposition in this round with that type of conference record, but they also would be more likely to win this round and lose in the semis or finals in this scenario if they needed an at-large bid). It placed them at #14.

Obviously all of this is slightly dependent on which teams they lost to and which teams they beat - I tried to split up the losses in a realistic way based on the league's standings. But it's evidence that an at-large bid is possible even in a down year of Atlantic Hockey, if your non-conference schedule is good enough (which, granted, comes down to a bit of luck that the teams you play end up being good). And for the record, since Atlantic Hockey went to a 28 game schedule 5 years ago, 3 different teams have reached the 41 point mark (Canisius and Air Force in 2016-17 and Robert Morris in 2014-15).

Comment

• Originally posted by XCTiger View Post

AIC has no control over the Thunderbirds schedule. If the AHL scheduled games in Springfield that weekend, AIC would be playing early afternoon games. As for our attendance, given the size of the school, our numbers are in line with most other D1 schools when adjusted for student population. Especially when you factor in all the Tuesday games and 1pm starts forced on us by the Thunderbirds.

Comment

Haven't seen anything posted officially, but I have a search filter for "RIT Hockey" on ebay, and got a hit this morning with 27 new results. Found they are auctioning (with a 'buy it now' option) the throwbacks from Brick City Weekend.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/rjg-3643/m....1&_ipg=&_from=
              Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
              College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
              Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
              Men's Frozen Four 2010
              Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
              Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                Haven't seen anything posted officially, but I have a search filter for "RIT Hockey" on ebay, and got a hit this morning with 27 new results. Found they are auctioning (with a 'buy it now' option) the throwbacks from Brick City Weekend.

I noticed in the description that it lists "Modification: No Nameplate". I can't remember from watching the game, did these originally have the names on back (that were then removed), or did these never have the player names on the back?

EDIT: Nevermind, just found some pictures from the game, and they did have nameplates. Maybe removed to be used on the next set of orange jerseys? Too bad, kind of takes away from the authenticity of the jersey. I think they also removed the captains' markings, if those were originally on there either.
                Last edited by joew74; 03-07-2019, 08:42 AM. Reason: Updated info

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                  What would be a dream is if RIT beats SHU and plays AIC in the quarter finals. 4-0 vs AIC!
                  Prior to last Wednesday the Tigers were 2-0-1 against NU and 1-0 CC.
                  Go ahead and dream away, but don't take anything for granted. AIC is for real. Good luck beating any team 6 times in the same season.
                  Can't we all just get along?
                  Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                    Prior to last Wednesday the Tigers were 2-0-1 against NU and 1-0 CC.
                    Go ahead and dream away, but don't take anything for granted. AIC is for real. Good luck beating any team 6 times in the same season.
                    Good thing they'll only have to beat them 5 times then ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                      Got to admit, that’s a good one. 👍😄
                      RPI Engineers
                      RIT Tigers
                      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by mar7967 View Post

Anyone want to venture a guess on what the final bids will be? 8 days to go. North of $300?
                        RPI Engineers
                        RIT Tigers
                        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Looks like the only 5 left don't have a buy it now option and are going for 200. Makes the "buy it now" I did at $125 look like a steal! Brown's is at 270 currently, expect that one to keep growing...
                          Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                          College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                          Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                          Men's Frozen Four 2010
                          Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                          Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                            Looks like the only 5 left don't have a buy it now option and are going for 200. Makes the "buy it now" I did at $125 look like a steal! Brown's is at 270 currently, expect that one to keep growing...
                            I believe "Buy It Now" goes away as soon as someone places a bid. When I looked earlier this morning (shortly after the link was posted), there were a fair amount of jerseys still left, and all but Brown's had a "Buy It Now" (but his had a bid already). I just hope that most of these ended up in the hands of RIT fans, and not someone just looking to resell them. Back around 2006 or so that's what happened. Word got out to contact Coach Wilson if you wanted to buy a jersey, and very few had been purchased by Tiger fans before some guy called and bought all the remaining jerseys. About a week later he put them up for sale on his website for about double or more what he paid for them. I have nothing against capitalism, but sometimes it kicks you right between the legs!

Comment

• Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                              Oh well. Work sometimes gets in the way of play. I missed out on the “Buy it Now” jerseys. Yes you got a great deal. I also would have pulled the trigger at $125 too, to pick up one of these RIT jersey’s. If there are jerseys going for $125 that haven’t been put up on eBay please PM me. I’d definitely buy one.
                              RPI Engineers
                              RIT Tigers
                              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                                Yes, I messed that up. Five times or six times though, the point still stands.
                                Two consecutive years starting in the first round had me in the habit of thinking the next round is a best of 3 instead of the single elimination.
                                Although to be fair, Rochester did say they'd play AIC in the "quarter finals". Not that it's a good excuse, but I blindly followed his mistake.
                                Can't we all just get along?
                                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X