X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
    According to Jim Dahl's website, RIT can still hit 14 or 15 in the PWR by winning out (he doesn't include any playoffs in that). So the Tigers are not mathematically eliminated, but would have to go on a great streak to get there. https://collegehockeyranked.com/forecast/pwrbywins/
    Sure, but I counted a loss in the playoffs in there, because if we win out, we're in the tournament anyway.

EDIT: Ah, I see, that's only taking into account already scheduled games, not the ones that we will have to play in the AHA playoffs (which you did explicitly say...DOH!). And to be clear, even there he has us at only a combined 19.2% chance to be top 16 even if we win all 10 regular season games remaining. (0.3% to be 13, 1.6% to be 14, 4.9% to be 15, and 12.4% to be 16). So even with the 10 game winning streak, we'd have about a 2% chance to be in the top 14, and a 7% chance to be top 15.
    Last edited by jflory81; 01-30-2019, 03:20 PM.

Comment

ICYMI, this week's Atlantic Hockey feature is on RIT: https://www.uscho.com/2019/01/30/rit...-arizona-state

Comment

I'm getting a kick out of the fact that of all teams flying into Rochester during subzero temperatures, it's Arizona State.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          I'm getting a kick out of the fact that of all teams flying into Rochester during subzero temperatures, it's Arizona State.
          Maybe they will bring some warm weather with them

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            It is amusing. It would be even better if they had to come in to play last night and tonight.
            When you look at their roster, they do have 10 Canadiens, 2 Latvians, a Swede and an Alaskan. This certainly won't bother them... although I'm guessing they chose to play in Phoenix for a reason. They do have two players from Arizona and one from Nevada. Those guys really really don't want anything to do with this weather.
            Can't we all just get along?
            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
              ... although I'm guessing they chose to play in Phoenix for a reason.

Full ride scholarships? The same reason their team has no conference and is already ranked as high as RIT ever has been in just a couple of years of existence?

I'm not bitter.

Ok.

I'm bitter.
              RIT

Comment

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                Full ride scholarships? The same reason their team has no conference and is already ranked as high as RIT ever has been in just a couple of years of existence?

I'm not bitter.

Ok.

I'm bitter.
                Correct. Scholarships and good tans too. Maybe RIT can surprise them though. Should be an interesting matchup, and RIT gets a trip to Arizona next season, no?
                RPI Engineers
                RIT Tigers
                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

When global warming effects start to show, Rochester will become the new Arizona, hot and dry in "winter", providing RIT with a distinct recruiting advantage in college hockey over more southern schools that are now unbearably hot. This is much more likely than waiting for the NCAA to grandfather RIT in to the scholarship bonanza.

Remember, you heard it here first
                  Scott Biggar
                  WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
                  Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Lemieux's kid is a C/D line Freshman on the team. On their trip into Lynah, dad was watching from behind the goal. Guess the kid isn't fond of cold weather.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                      Lemieux's kid is a C/D line Freshman on the team. On their trip into Lynah, dad was watching from behind the goal. Guess the kid isn't fond of cold weather.
                      I've been wondering for a while if Mario will be at the Polisseni at some point this weekend. Pens are at home tonite, and then are in Toronto tomorrow. ASU doesn't play Robert Morris this year, so after Penn State and Ohio State, RIT would be the next closest venue to Pittsburgh for #66 to come and watch his son play.

Comment

From what I've been told by a couple of colleagues, Mario often does come to see his son play. He prefers to keep a low profile, and has consistently declined to be interviewed about his son.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
                          When global warming effects start to show, Rochester will become the new Arizona, hot and dry in "winter", providing RIT with a distinct recruiting advantage in college hockey over more southern schools that are now unbearably hot. This is much more likely than waiting for the NCAA to grandfather RIT in to the scholarship bonanza.

Remember, you heard it here first
                          Great. You just gave away half of the pregame show.

Comment

From what I've been told by a couple of colleagues, Mario often does come to see his son play. He prefers to keep a low profile, and has consistently declined to be interviewed about his son.
                            And there goes the other half. =)

Powers &8^]

Comment

According to Jim Dahl's website, RIT can still hit 14 or 15 in the PWR by winning out (he doesn't include any playoffs in that). So the Tigers are not mathematically eliminated, but would have to go on a great streak to get there. https://collegehockeyranked.com/forecast/pwrbywins/
                              https://imgflip.com/i/2sm2n9

Why doesn't insert image work!!!???
                              Last edited by Tom Naeger; 02-01-2019, 11:12 AM.
                              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                              The Mule
                              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                                Why doesn't insert image work!!!???
                                We had to deactivate it because people were posting naughty pictures in the Café which caused Google to twice demonetize the whole site for a week each time.

Comment

Working...
                                X