X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    I don't think anyone was calling for Drackett to start all 34 games. The question is when's the best time to give him a spell? On the second game of a two-game weekend to try to snap a 3-game losing streak? Or on the only game of the week, the last one before a three-week layoff, to try to snap a 4-game losing streak?

Powers &8^]
    Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
    Either way, the argument ultimately comes down to "We have no faith in our backup, so when is it ok to risk losing a game?", even though nobody will come right out and say that. And that is not unique to Christian Short or any other # 2 goaltender. It's just the way hockey fans think. Outside of NC games, there is no game where it's ok to risk losing, especially in the AHA where 1 or 2 points can be the difference between 4 or 5 spots in the standings. That being said, the backup is probably going to have to spell the starter at some point. It's kind of like a couple deciding when to have a child. If they look for reasons why it's not a good time to start trying, they'll never have one.
    Yeah, the time to sit Drackett was for unimportant non-Conference games, such as the Northeastern game.

I have no issue with a goalie starting all 34 games. Madolora started 32 his senior year. If you've got a #1 goalie, you ride him.

Ultimately in a vaccuum I am less upset about Short starting. My concern is that the message Wilson takes from it is that, because he was the goalie of record in our first win in 3 weeks, he should be the first guy out of the tunnel in January. I don't want to lose 2-3 games because Wilson decides to give Short a leash as the starting goalie, and previous history with Wayne and goalies has me thinking that is a better than 0 probability.
    RIT

Comment

A bit of women's news: Kendall Cornine was drafted #6 overall in the NWHL Draft by the Metropolitan Riveters. The five selections ahead of her were all national team players, including three Olympians.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
        A bit of women's news: Kendall Cornine was drafted #6 overall in the NWHL Draft by the Metropolitan Riveters. The five selections ahead of her were all national team players, including three Olympians.

Powers &8^]
        Congrats to her. Clearly a solid player.

1 more drafted player then the Men's Division 1 era. RIT had more players drafted when they were DII and DIII

Hamburg was a draft pick before he came to RIT.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyplayer82 View Post
          RIT had more players drafted when they were DII and DIII.
          I quite honestly don't remember any. Can you name them?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
            I quite honestly don't remember any. Can you name them?

DIII days:

Chris Palmer New Jersey

Bill Gall Philadelphia

Comment

DIII days:

Chris Palmer New Jersey

Bill Gall Philadelphia
              Forgot about Billy Gall. Pretty sure Palmer was a free agent with NJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                Forgot about Billy Gall. Pretty sure Palmer was a free agent with NJ.
                supplemental draft

Does that count?

Comment

supplemental draft

Does that count?
                  It would if he had been in it. No record of it that I can find. The only supplemental draft connection never even played a game at RIT. Brian Mason cut Todd Krygier, who went on to play four years at UConn before the NHL.

Comment

1 more drafted player then the Men's Division 1 era.
                    To be fair, the NWHL drafts college seniors. The NHL drafts kids who haven't gone to college yet.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Also, RIT landed #1 in the NCAA's top 5 hockey plays of the week. https://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey...ckey-top-plays

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                        Also, RIT landed #1 in the NCAA's top 5 hockey plays of the week. https://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey...ckey-top-plays

Powers &8^]
                        They was a pretty play, thanks for sharing 👍
                        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

It's funny there is all the speculation about what Coach Wilson will do come Jan 4/5 against Niagara. The timing is odd to go with your #2 goaltender on the last game before a 2 week break. It worked out, but in looking at the stats (and I would agree from the "eye test", Short did not play well. Niagara just happened to play worse. That doesn't necessarily mean that playing Short was a "good decision". The team won, and that is what matters.

To go with Tom's poker "good decisions", I would call this the equivalent of calling an "All-In" with J-9 off-suit. In this case, the flop came up good for the hand, but you can't count on that winning a lot in that situation.
                          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2010 Frozen Four participant
                          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                            It's funny there is all the speculation about what Coach Wilson will do come Jan 4/5 against Niagara. The timing is odd to go with your #2 goaltender on the last game before a 2 week break. It worked out, but in looking at the stats (and I would agree from the "eye test", Short did not play well. Niagara just happened to play worse. That doesn't necessarily mean that playing Short was a "good decision". The team won, and that is what matters.

To go with Tom's poker "good decisions", I would call this the equivalent of calling an "All-In" with J-9 off-suit. In this case, the flop came up good for the hand, but you can't count on that winning a lot in that situation.
                            Only a fool would bet that Drackett doesn't start the first game. After that, it will all depend on how the entire team plays.
                            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                              Only a fool would bet that Drackett doesn't start the first game. After that, it will all depend on how the entire team plays.
                              Don't call Coach Wilson a fool.

Oh, wait...
                              RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                                Don't call Coach Wilson a fool.

Oh, wait...
                                Based on?????? Fools don't take teams to the Frozen Four or 3 NCAA tournament appearances.
                                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2010 Frozen Four participant
                                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Working...
                                X