This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Had a chance to tune in to my first of the season Tuesday night (needed something to pay attention to during my lecture heh) and I thought Drackett looked really good. Honestly we played a pretty good game all around but if he can keep this going there’s no reason not to keep him in net...except maybe to start Andriano next weekend in non-conference play.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitty View Post
      Had a chance to tune in to my first of the season Tuesday night (needed something to pay attention to during my lecture heh) and I thought Drackett looked really good. Honestly we played a pretty good game all around but if he can keep this going there’s no reason not to keep him in net...except maybe to start Andriano next weekend in non-conference play.
      Team defense is light years better then the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyplayer82 View Post
        Team defense is light years better then the past few years.
        Totally agree here. One key issue the last couple years were a lot of bad turnovers - especially from the defensemen. I think there have only been a handful of those this year that I can remember. That's huge that the goaltenders have not been put in as many bad situations.
        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2010 Frozen Four participant
        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Hell of a weekend considering we didn't play. We went from 23rd to 14th in RPI/Pairwise :laugh:

Haven't commented since Tuesday so I'll just say it was a pretty darn complete win. Best home game (and probably best game) they've played this year.

To speak to the comments above, yes, the defense is better than last year, possibly significantly so, but that doesn't mean Drackett hasn't been miles better as well. There's been plenty of odd man rushes stopped by Drackett this year that felt like sure goals last year, and that includes a couple stops he's made that were not particularly well played by the defender. If he doesn't make those saves we might be sitting here thinking about how it's the same old defensive lapses that have been doing us in at home for what seems like forever now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
            Actually.... That was the speech before the Finland game and remember they came out flat and fall behind. So was it one of those delay motivational speeches
            I'm pretty sure the speech was given between the second and third periods of the Finland game, not before the game, when the US was losing heading into the third. Thus, immediate motivation.

It was either that or the fact that I snuck into the game for the third period and just my presence inspired the team. :-)
            Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 11-18-2018, 06:42 AM.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              I'm pretty sure the speech was given between the second and third periods of the Finland game, not before the game, when the US was losing heading into the third. Thus, immediate motivation.

It was either that or the fact that I snuck into the game for the third period and just my presence inspired the team. :-)
              In the HBO documentary "Do you believe in Miracles: the story of the 1980 US Hockey Team" Mike Eruzione was quoted as saying...

"We were excited, we were anxious, we couldn't wait to get out and play. And Herb Brooks walked in the locker room and he looked at us and said if you lose this game you'll take it to your ********* grave."

From that statement and how it was presented in the Documentary it was before the game.

But I'm with you, the presence of a future USCHO writer was at least as valuable if not more than a Herb Brooks speech
              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
              The Mule
              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Tigers picked a new recruit for the defense, Dimitri Mikrogiannakis, from Cowichan Valley of the BCHL. Can't wait to hear the play by play calls from the WITR guys when he's on the ice. :-)
                John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                NCAA DII - 1983
                NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                  Tigers picked a new recruit for the defense, Dimitri Mikrogiannakis, from Cowichan Valley of the BCHL. Can't wait to hear the play by play calls from the WITR guys when he's on the ice. :-)
                  With a name like that, we should try to convert him to a goalie.

I'm hoping it's only five syllables: mi-KRAW-jin-AK-is. That wouldn't be too bad.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                    I'm already practicing.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                      It's interesting what they term a "sellout" There were clearly many many seats that went un-sold. But since thousands of GA tickets were given out, the capacity number was reached. I have no problem with letting the students in for free now and then to generate some interest and possibly increase attendance in general, but if you give the tickets away for every game the tickets no longer have any value and the novelty will wear off.
                      There are many Division I programs, including big time football and basketball programs, that let students in for free for all their games.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

If you care about the slim chance of an at large NCAA birth, tonight's a huge game. A loss tonight will be a tough blow, even if they manage to make up for it against Arizona State later in the year. I figure a win or tie tonight, at least a split against Arizona State, and a .700 conference record gets them in the conversation.

On the other hand, if you're giving up on an at large birth as hopeless, tonight's game won't really mean much....

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                          If you care about the slim chance of an at large NCAA birth, tonight's a huge game. A loss tonight will be a tough blow, even if they manage to make up for it against Arizona State later in the year. I figure a win or tie tonight, at least a split against Arizona State, and a .700 conference record gets them in the conversation.

On the other hand, if you're giving up on an at large birth as hopeless, tonight's game won't really mean much....

You will know by who is in the net, what RIT thinks of an at large bid.

Comment

Nice to see Hockey East has incompetent officals as well. No idea how you can look at the replay of Northeastern's first "goal" and allow it to stand. Even the Husky announcers were assuming it wasn't going to count after one look at the replay. The puck was clearly on the line and never crossed. What a joke.

BTW, you can get to a free stream via Northeastern's website.

Comment

And they lost by one. I'd be furious if I were Wayne and the team.

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                                Nice to see Hockey East has incompetent officals as well. No idea how you can look at the replay of Northeastern's first "goal" and allow it to stand. Even the Husky announcers were assuming it wasn't going to count after one look at the replay. The puck was clearly on the line and never crossed. What a joke.

BTW, you can get to a free stream via Northeastern's website.

Yeah that was clearly not over the line, it was stopped, on its edge, on the goal line. I have no idea how they could have called that a goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X