Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA 18-19 Matt 2.0

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
    Interesting. He was on a bad NAHL team and got to move up, he was second in team points at almost half a point a game. The number one scoring kid played less than half the games Chad did.
    I'm looking forward to seeing who else the coaches have recruited. The early signing date is just a few weeks away.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      The game is nearly unwatchable. Terrible quality, the video feed keeps cutting in and out and going to a black screen.
      Same schools have same low quality untrainable staff and same lame don' give a **** team work. poop in ....poop out

I have emailed schools about their film crews and not much, if any improvement.

emailed wcha and ...... they didn't even bother to answer.

Flosports isn't better............... it just cost more, If realy board you can at least watch reruns of International Choral Conducting Competition , Marching Bands and some crap soccer at no extra charge .
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
        Same schools have same low quality untrainable staff and same lame don' give a **** team work. poop in ....poop out

I have emailed schools about their film crews and not much, if any improvement.

emailed wcha and ...... they didn't even bother to answer.

Flosports isn't better............... it just cost more, If realy board you can at least watch reruns of International Choral Conducting Competition , Marching Bands and some crap soccer at no extra charge .
        I've watched games on flosports played at UAA, Fairbanks, Ferris State and Huntsville. UAA and Ferris St are honestly the best so far. Fairbanks was better after they got the bugs worked out (which took an entire first period) and Huntsville was fair. Both Fairbanks and Huntsville have issues with the camera guy being able to follow the puck and they both zoom in way too often so you don't see much of the ice.

As far as cost, $150 for the entire season of WCHA hockey isn't bad at all. It comes out to less than $4 a game if we watch JUST the UAA games, home and away.
        Last edited by Suze; 10-20-2018, 08:10 PM.
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Alec Butcher appeal news?
          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
            Alec Butcher appeal news?
            I think we are all wondering about that. It's been 7 months, how long does it take for the NCAA to make a determination? Ridiculous. The guy has only played 2 1/2 years. He should be found eligible!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

UAA Hockey Away Games LIVE and FREE . American Legion Post 28 . 7001 Brayton Dr . All Fans welcome
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Nolan Nicholas, Nils Rygaard, Eric Sinclair and Cam Amantea are assist captains for the 2018-19 season. No player given a C. I don't get it. Didn't Thomas try this as well?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Will be there on Friday at 3 for the game but will be babysitting on Saturday.

Not thrilled about there not being at least one captain but am okay with it looking at the length of time the coach has known the players. They need more time to prove themselves on and off the ice.

Comment

Nolan Nicholas, Nils Rygaard, Eric Sinclair and Cam Amantea are assist captains for the 2018-19 season. No player given a C. I don't get it. Didn't Thomas try this as well?
                    Maybe he needs to see which A grabs the bull by the horns and leads by example and earns the C. It is early in the season...... LT's a dime a dozen..Generals..far and few,,,,,

old news...... jr up north lost the diaper bowl last weekend to the baby.
                    Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 10-24-2018, 01:15 AM.

Comment

That means there is no true captain, worked for VGK but that is a whole different set obstacles they overcame.
                      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                        Maybe he needs to see which A grabs the bull by the horns and leads by example and earns the C. It is early in the season...... LT's a dime a dozen..Generals..far and few,,,,,

old news...... jr up north lost the diaper bowl last weekend to the baby.
                        Blew there offensive wad too early.

Comment

Originally posted by kamariek View Post
                          Will be there on Friday at 3 for the game but will be babysitting on Saturday.

Not thrilled about there not being at least one captain but am okay with it looking at the length of time the coach has known the players. They need more time to prove themselves on and off the ice.
                          I seem to remember that in the past the players themselves choose a captain?

According to Twitter, the guys are in Bensenville and head to Big Rapids tomorrow. If they are bussing it, that is a brutal 5 hour trip. I have a feeling the first period of Fridays game is going to be a big test.
                          Last edited by Suze; 10-25-2018, 12:09 AM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

According to Twitter, the guys are in Bensenville and head to Big Rapids tomorrow. If they are bussing it, that is a brutal 5 hour trip. I have a feeling the first period of Fridays game is going to be a big test.
                            Chiraq to Big Rapids? Considering I used to drive 9.5 hours from Houghton to the northern suburbs of Detroit, it's really not that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Chiraq to Big Rapids? Considering I used to drive 9.5 hours from Houghton to the northern suburbs of Detroit, it's really not that bad.
                              "It's really not that bad"....... are the same end of the roaders who cry everytime they head north and charge 17.5k just to show up....

Comment

Five Hour bus trips are condidered short trips in this league and are almost always done the day before the game. The only trips in the league under 5 hours are Bemidji-Mankato, Tech-NMU, Tech-LSSU, NMU-LSSU, LSSU-Ferris & Ferris-Bowling Green.

Shortest trip in the league: NMU-Tech, about 1:45. Longest: Fairbanks-Huntsville. I don’t know how the Alaska teams deal with all their travel, and Huntsville is really tough too, as they bus nearly everywhere but Alaska & Bemidji. Their shortest busser is about 9 1/2 hr to BG when you include the lunch stop.

A tap of the stick for the Alaska crews who rarely have a travel day that “short,” when not playing each other.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X