UAA 18-19 Matt 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Totally agree with you. He was kinda hit on his side, not his back. A few non-calls on CC didn't help either. Heck, UAA played more than half the second period short handed. But hey, they beat CC and the refs. Whatever, UAA looked like they wanted to win. Haven't seen that kind of hustle and desire in a while.

Looking at the stats, CC had 14 power plays on the weekend to UAA's 4. And one of ours was only 27 seconds long. Special teams were amazing.
    I think the final stats actually shorted CC a pp, which ultimately hurts the PK numbers...grand scheme of things, not overly important. I love the way this team plays, they aren't shackled to a strict dump, chase and cycle system. It shows that they are being allowed to use their creativity. It was enjoyable watching them play this weekend.

Comment

Re: UAA 18-19 Matt 2.0

Nice win Seawolves...you outworked them.....
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Good hockey is always fun to watch and a win makes it that much more. Yay Seawolves!!

Comment

Hiekkavirta honored with the WCHA Defenseman of the Week award. Congrats Tomi!
          http://www.goseawolves.com//ViewArti...CLID=211775243
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Congratulations! Huge win!
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Good interview.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...-Anchorage.php

Comment

Originally posted by kamariek View Post
                Thanks for putting that link up kamariek. It was a fun read.

Comment

The WCHA website has an excellent article on Curley, called "Building The Right Way".

http://www.wcha.com/men/articles/201...-right-way.php
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Ahhhh....UAF scored tonight....too bad. St. Cloud must be terrible!

Comment

Originally posted by DTuttle View Post
                      The game is nearly unwatchable. Terrible quality, the video feed keeps cutting in and out and going to a black screen.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by DTuttle View Post
                        Twice. Things are looking up.
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                          Twice. Things are looking up.
                          Nanooks looked good in the first period. The Huskies must be highly overrated.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Just noticed we have a new recruit, and he's from the USHL!

https://***********/search?q=%20Chad...nd%20&src=typd

Neutral Zone:

3.75 Chad Hillebrand commits to Alaska-Anchorage. Rangy and has added strength since last year. Good instincts and moves to smart spots. Smooth stride. Touch around the goal with some snarl to create space. 1999 is trending upward. High ceiling.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Did I miss the mention of captains? To be clear there ins't one, but three.
                              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                Just noticed we have a new recruit, and he's from the USHL!

https://***********/search?q=%20Chad...nd%20&src=typd

Neutral Zone:
                                Interesting. He was on a bad NAHL team and got to move up, he was second in team points at almost half a point a game. The number one scoring kid played less than half the games Chad did.
                                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X