Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA 18-19 Matt 2.0

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    What’s with that assistant who bailed after two months? Kind of a BS move to go straight back to Colgate.
    Will UAA be requiring future coaches to sign an NLI so they can't be poached by other programs? Asking for a friend...

Gotta love his new Colgate bio, especially this part:
    "Borges joined the University of Alaska-Anchorage men's hockey program as an assistant coach from June 2018 through August 2018. In his time with the Seawolves, Borges was responsible for recruiting, skill development, academic oversight, and working with the defensemen and power play squads."

They forgot to include resume writing, attending job interviews and leaving his ethics back East... What a tool.

Sucks to have to go through the process twice, but you don't need that kind of kid behind your bench.

Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      Will UAA be requiring future coaches to sign an NLI so they can't be poached by other programs? Asking for a friend...

"Borges joined the University of Alaska-Anchorage men's hockey program as an assistant coach from June 2018 through August 2018. In his time with the Seawolves, Borges was responsible for recruiting, skill development, academic oversight, and working with the defensemen and power play squads."

They forgot to include resume writing, attending job interviews and leaving his ethics back East... What a tool.

Sucks to have to go through the process twice, but you don't need that kind of kid behind your bench.

Ryan J
      He would of not lasted...............Suze doesn't put up with Kid Coaches.....
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Matt Thomas has resurfaced as Head Coach of the ECHL Cincinnati Cyclon!
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          Good Guys always rebound.
          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            That's old news to us. Good for him. I hope he's successful there.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

Ryan J
              If I were him, I would be ashamed to have that in my bio.

Saw a picture of the new jerseys today (on Twitter). Love them. They have the state of Alaska on them, with a "star" in the location of Anchorage. Very cool.
              Last edited by Suze; 09-14-2018, 12:47 AM.
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                Saw a picture of the new jerseys today (on Twitter). Love them. They have the state of Alaska on them, with a "star" in the location of Anchorage. Very cool.
                I believe I saw the same Tweet. How can one go about acquiring one of these new jerseys? Preferably game worn, so I know these will likely have to last a year or two before they're cycled out of use.

I'd love to have one in my collection.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

If I were him, I would be ashamed to have that in my bio.

Are they new full time jerseys or alternates?
                  “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    I believe I saw the same Tweet. How can one go about acquiring one of these new jerseys? Preferably game worn, so I know these will likely have to last a year or two before they're cycled out of use.

I'd love to have one in my collection.
                    I think you're right, it will be a year or two before they are available.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Are they new full time jerseys or alternates?
                      I don't know.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I think you're right, it will be a year or two before they are available.
                        That kinda depends on how much money you want to spend.

Comment

So I heard that UAA was not able to get a radio deal, and most likely Butcher is not coming back. This sucks.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

So I heard that UAA was not able to get a radio deal, and most likely Butcher is not coming back. This sucks.
                            Is there a reason that they can’t/won’t put it on the UAA student station? We were on KSUA for years, if not decades, before Forrest Karr moved us to the ESPN affiliate and apparently neglected to mention it to KSUA. I’m happy we are back there...I think it helps support the campus community. Seems like UAA could do the same.
                            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Is there a reason that they can’t/won’t put it on the UAA student station? We were on KSUA for years, if not decades, before Forrest Karr moved us to the ESPN affiliate and apparently neglected to mention it to KSUA. I’m happy we are back there...I think it helps support the campus community. Seems like UAA could do the same.
                              I have no answers for you. Sounds like a smart idea though.

This seasons hockey media guide is out. https://issuu.com/seawolf1/docs/2018...dia_guide/2?ff

Interesting that Butcher is listed. I hope I'm wrong and he does play this season. The team REALLY needs him.
                              Last edited by Suze; 09-15-2018, 04:14 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I have no answers for you. Sounds like a smart idea though.

This seasons hockey media guide is out. https://issuu.com/seawolf1/docs/2018...dia_guide/2?ff

Interesting that Butcher is listed. I hope I'm wrong and he does play this season. The team REALLY needs him.
                                Cover is nice, except for the land bridge to Russia.
                                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X