Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA 18-19 Matt 2.0

Originally posted by mmf View Post
    Would have been interesting to see what the league would have done if that goat-rope of a shootout had gone to MTU after UAA had already won it in sudden death. I was surprised that your coach, players, or even the announcers weren’t sure of the rules. Tuttle thought it was sudden death but wasn’t sure. The MTU goaltender is the only one that looked like he knew it was over, but he’s not going to say anything. Regardless, nice two points.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing! Tuttle DID say he thought it was sudden death. This is on the refs.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
      Would have been interesting to see what the league would have done if that goat-rope of a shootout had gone to MTU after UAA had already won it in sudden death. I was surprised that your coach, players, or even the announcers weren’t sure of the rules. Tuttle thought it was sudden death but wasn’t sure. The MTU goaltender is the only one that looked like he knew it was over, but he’s not going to say anything. Regardless, nice two points.
      Nothing would of happened.

Awards Presented ..... the 4 Stooges of the Game............

Referee(s): Mike Forys, Josh Lupinek Asst. Referee(s): Daniel Colliander, Travis Jackson . also submitted for F U of the Year Award.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

I was at the game and did not see it go in. Didn't even know it was being looked at. Nonetheless, UAA played well last night, officiating was equally poor all weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
          I was at the game and did not see it go in. Didn't even know it was being looked at. Nonetheless, UAA played well last night, officiating was equally poor all weekend.
          Which play are you referring to?
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

mmf referred to a play in ot that UAA scored but wasn't counted, Now that I re-read it I understand what he meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
              mmf referred to a play in ot that UAA scored but wasn't counted, Now that I re-read it I understand what he meant.
              I was just saying that the shootout should have been sudden death.
              But come to think of it...I watched all of regulation, the 5x5 OT, and the 3x3 OT and I did not not see anything go in either.

Comment

I watched the two games and imho, which means squat, but that reffing was the worst in the entire WCHA season to date.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Yep, ticky tacky, and not just bad calls on Tech, both teams had some doozies called on them.....just overall poor officiating. I thought they were gonna start giving red and yellow cards at one point

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
                    But come to think of it...I watched all of regulation, the 5x5 OT, and the 3x3 OT and I did not not see anything go in either.
                    I did not realize that. I thought it had to go three shooters deep to be sudden death.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
                      I did not realize that. I thought it had to go three shooters deep to be sudden death.

Comment

Nope.

Ensuring that each contest will have a “winner” in the league standings, each WCHA regular-season league game that remains tied after regulation and the NCAA-mandated, five-minute 5-on-5 overtime period will now advance to a second five-minute overtime period of 3-on-3 play; if the game is still tied, it will be settled in a sudden death shootout (wherein each team will receive a minimum of one shot, and the second team to shoot can match if the first team to shoot, scores).

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Evening all,

I'm a WMU alum who's been living in Anchorage for a few years now and kinda adopted UAA as a second team (especially since the demise of the Aces). Seawolves play actually seems kinda encouraging this year at least from a competitiveness standpoint compared to last.

Wondering how closely you guys follow recruiting? I'm not very up to date on hockey recruiting and I'm interested in how you guys think this year's class is with the new staff compared to the last few.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoinak View Post
                            Evening all,

I'm a WMU alum who's been living in Anchorage for a few years now and kinda adopted UAA as a second team (especially since the demise of the Aces). Seawolves play actually seems kinda encouraging this year at least from a competitiveness standpoint compared to last.

Wondering how closely you guys follow recruiting? I'm not very up to date on hockey recruiting and I'm interested in how you guys think this year's class is with the new staff compared to the last few.
                            Difficult to tell. The new coach was brought in very late in the recruiting process. You really won’t see his first full class on campus until 2020-21.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              Difficult to tell. The new coach was brought in very late in the recruiting process. You really won’t see his first full class on campus until 2020-21.
                              I agree - it's so hard to tell. Even when we get a recruit that has done very well in juniors, it doesn't always translate at the college level. There are a few recruits I am very interested to see play next season. The presser said we had 5 inked for next season, but then a few more have been added, which I have found on Twitter. No matter who they get, the team is really going to miss these seniors when they leave.

I also believe, despite the win/loss record, that UAA plays much more competitive than the last few seasons under Thomas.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                I agree - it's so hard to tell. Even when we get a recruit that has done very well in juniors, it doesn't always translate at the college level. There are a few recruits I am very interested to see play next season. The presser said we had 5 inked for next season, but then a few more have been added, which I have found on Twitter. No matter who they get, the team is really going to miss these seniors when they leave.

I also believe, despite the win/loss record, that UAA plays much more competitive than the last few seasons under Thomas.
                                You picked up another recruit yesterday:

https://twitter.com/_Neutral_Zone/st...17036147200000

Comment

Working...
                                X