Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA 18-19 Matt 2.0

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    He did well before UAA and he is doing well after leaving UAA. My own personal opinion is that I don't think Thomas knew how to handle losing. I don't like to use the word "hate", but his players detested him. It was clear the last year or two he was at UAA that the team didn't care and they had given up. I don't see that this season.
    I suppose. How many wins do we currently have this season? Only team still in single digits for points.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

What happened to Claeys? Did I miss something? Thought he was a contender for the number one spot.

Comment

Jfc.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
          What happened to Claeys? Did I miss something? Thought he was a contender for the number one spot.
          I'm wondering the same thing. I hope it's not academics, I don't think he's played since Christmas break.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Jfc.
            Pathetic. I know that Huntsville has improved, but they are no power house. No excuse for this kind of effort.
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
              I'm wondering the same thing. I hope it's not academics, I don't think he's played since Christmas break.
              I’ve noticed he’s not even dressing.

He wasn’t an education major by chance, was he? Lol but for real...no good for UAA to not have Claeys.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                I’ve noticed he’s not even dressing.

He wasn’t an education major by chance, was he? Lol but for real...no good for UAA to not have Claeys.
                He's a marketing major. And yes, I agree with your assessment.

I could only stomach watching 2 periods of UAA hockey tonight. I'll tune in soon to watch the Nanooks … and (gulp) root for them.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

He did well before UAA and he is doing well after leaving UAA. My own personal opinion is that I don't think Thomas knew how to handle losing. I don't like to use the word "hate", but his players detested him. It was clear the last year or two he was at UAA that the team didn't care and they had given up. I don't see that this season.
                  He couldn’t recruit talent and tried to coach as if he did with overly complicated systems and schemes.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

They gave up 12 goals in two games to UAH. Yeah, two were ENGs but JFC that was pathetic. This team is firmly #60 right now. A fitting end to the Thomas era of players.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      He couldn’t recruit talent and tried to coach as if he did with overly complicated systems and schemes.
                      It’s hard to recruit when you can’t assure a player that you’ll even have a team for them to play for in two years. The uncertainty over the status of the team completely blew up two recruiting classes and had a negative effect on two more. Even so, his record was comparable to everyone else who has held the job since Brush retired.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        It’s hard to recruit when you can’t assure a player that you’ll even have a team for them to play for in two years. The uncertainty over the status of the team completely blew up two recruiting classes and had a negative effect on two more. Even so, his record was comparable to everyone else who has held the job since Brush retired.
                        So sad but so true.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          Fairbanks was dealing with the same issue, and yet they are consistently better than UAA. There is more to it than what you are saying. IMO, UAA faces some of the same challenges as Lake Superior, yet Whitten is really turning that program around.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Fairbanks was dealing with the same issue, and yet they are consistently better than UAA. There is more to it than what you are saying. IMO, UAA faces some of the same challenges as Lake Superior, yet Whitten is really turning that program around.
                            This. UAA wasn’t the only school facing uncertainty and yet they were only ones that took a huge dive. The evidence was there even before the budget mess, the sharp drop off between his first season and his second.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

YAY! The Seawolves didn't lose! And they won the shoot out. That was the best game I have seen this team play all season. They have been in games they deserved to win, but didn't … so it was really nice to see their hard work rewarded.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Would have been interesting to see what the league would have done if that goat-rope of a shootout had gone to MTU after UAA had already won it in sudden death. I was surprised that your coach, players, or even the announcers weren’t sure of the rules. Tuttle thought it was sudden death but wasn’t sure. The MTU goaltender is the only one that looked like he knew it was over, but he’s not going to say anything. Regardless, nice two points.

Comment

Working...
                                X