• Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA 18-19 Matt 2.0

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Am I the only one here?

Our newest recruit news:
    https://www.thecchl.ca/release-canad...aska-anchorage
    Huh, CCHL, interesting.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
      Huh, CCHL, interesting.
      I know nothing about the CCHL. And I don't ever recall getting a player from that league.

What a depressing game tonight. I thought UAA actually played better last night. How do you lose on Friday and then be SO FLAT on Saturday? The guys were standing around, couldn't pass the puck, couldn't beat the opponent to the puck, etc, etc, etc.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Am I the only one here?

Our newest recruit news:
        https://www.thecchl.ca/release-canad...aska-anchorage
        The CCHL is an Eastern Ontario Junior A league; most teams are in the Ottawa area or not far away from there. Decent league; mostly recruited by schools out East or to a lesser extent the Midwest. Carleton Place has been the strongest team in the league in recent years. The CCHL produces some pretty good college players; Carleton Place in particular has had a lot of Div 1 recruitment activity the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          The CCHL is an Eastern Ontario Junior A league; most teams are in the Ottawa area or not far away from there. Decent league; mostly recruited by schools out East or to a lesser extent the Midwest. Carleton Place has been the strongest team in the league in recent years. The CCHL produces some pretty good college players; Carleton Place in particular has had a lot of Div 1 recruitment activity the past few years.
          Well there ya go! Thanks Bill! I grew up in northern NY, not terribly far from Ottawa (about a 2 hour drive). Cold winters up that way. Sounds like UAA is broadening their recruiting horizons.
          Last edited by Suze; 11-04-2018, 01:31 AM.
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

What a depressing game tonight. I thought UAA actually played better last night. How do you lose on Friday and then be SO FLAT on Saturday? The guys were standing around, couldn't pass the puck, couldn't beat the opponent to the puck, etc, etc, etc.
            Although I was not depressed I was disappointed with that first period. We were dominated by a team ready to play and we weren't. Some may put that on the coach however in my mind it's the guys on the ice that either produce or they don't. We didn't produce.
            1 last minute goal in 6 periods of play won't produce a winner. We need the guys (not one guy) to step up and get the puck in the net.
            All that said it's my opinion this team is heads and shoulders above our teams of the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
              It's my opinion this team is heads and shoulders above our teams of the past few years.
              It's because of the new coach.
              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                It's because of the new coach.
                Sounds similar to statements made in the first years of Thomas and Shyiak...wonder what they’ll be saying in year #5...
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  Sounds similar to statements made in the first years of Thomas and Shyiak...wonder what they’ll be saying in year #5...
                  Time for a new coach, third time is the charm let's hire another Matt.

Again: doing the exact same thing and expecting a different result, is the definition of insanity.

Recruiting budget needs to double, and we need a new arena/major upgrades to the Sully, or retrofit the Wells Fargo, or even retrofit the AAC. No more live airing or even tape delay of games on GCI channel 1, better yet do that for all sports let's increase attendance system wide. Or go the Hawaii Football route and charge ridiculous amounts for live games PPV style, wonder if anybody would pay $15/$10 for one hockey game PPV. Force people to show up. $10 tickets for every seat at the Sully, wet side/dry side. That's where I would start.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                    Time for a new coach, third time is the charm let's hire another Matt.

Again: doing the exact same thing and expecting a different result, is the definition of insanity.

Recruiting budget needs to double, and we need a new arena/major upgrades to the Sully, or retrofit the Wells Fargo, or even retrofit the AAC. No more live airing or even tape delay of games on GCI channel 1, better yet do that for all sports let's increase attendance system wide. Or go the Hawaii Football route and charge ridiculous amounts for live games PPV style, wonder if anybody would pay $15/$10 for one hockey game PPV. Force people to show up. $10 tickets for every seat at the Sully, wet side/dry side. That's where I would start.
                    Actually GCI isn't airing any UAA sports right now. It's too costly for them. There is no money for a new arena, and UAA has said a retrofit of the Farg won't work, not enough room. Doubling the recruiting budget may help, but UAA's budget is quite a bit larger than our rivals to the north, and they out recruit UAA year after year.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                      All that said it's my opinion this team is heads and shoulders above our teams of the past few years.
                      I myself had these same sentiments, but after watching the team last night I no longer feel that way. It was the same old thing. The opponent appeared to want the win more than UAA did. Carlson played amazing, I will give credit where credit is due. However, too many players were not giving 100%, and that's what it takes to win in ANY league.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I agree with Suze. Last night they looked much like the UAA of last season. Carlson was awesome, but got hung out to dry. I hope with some time and the new coach they can turn it around.

Comment

• I wonder why UAA got rid of the Alaska Airlines puck shoot? Now it’s like they just have random students do some sort of relay or race on the ice at intermission. The puck shoot was great and now they’ve taken away a main highlight for fans going to the games.

Comment

Actually GCI isn't airing any UAA sports right now.
                            Called it, also called the end of the Great Alaska Shooutout since GCI got sold to out of state interests. Could've sworn I've seen something on gosewolves.com about sports living air on GCI, but we all know about that route of misinformation.

There is no money for a new arena, and UAA has said a retrofit of the Farg won't work, not enough room. Doubling the recruiting budget may help, but UAA's budget is quite a bit larger than our rivals to the north, and they out recruit UAA year after year.
                            Retrofit will work at the Farg and AAC, it would just be expensive. But, the Sully will continue to lose money and who has to pay for it....the city. Meanwhile, they keep pouring money into the Sully. When will they smarten up?

How well is UA_ doing? They are 0-7, while we are 1-5...and we have scored the same amount of goals...

And, just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by shootdontpass View Post
                              I wonder why UAA got rid of the Alaska Airlines puck shoot? Now it’s like they just have random students do some sort of relay or race on the ice at intermission. The puck shoot was great and now they’ve taken away a main highlight for fans going to the games.
                              Don't get me started about Seattle Airlines either. Alaska is not the same anymore, once the price of oil dropped it exposed the state as corrupt and stupid with no concept of foresight or diversifying it's income.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                                Called it, also called the end of the Great Alaska Shooutout since GCI got sold to out of state interests. Could've sworn I've seen something on gosewolves.com about sports living air on GCI, but we all know about that route of misinformation.

Retrofit will work at the Farg and AAC, it would just be expensive. But, the Sully will continue to lose money and who has to pay for it....the city. Meanwhile, they keep pouring money into the Sully. When will they smarten up?

How well is UA_ doing? They are 0-7, while we are 1-5...and we have scored the same amount of goals...

And, just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.
                                We are 0-7-1 thank you very much haha

But we’ve also played three straight weekends against top ranked teams. Hopefully that experience carries over positively to the rest of the WCHA play for the Nanooks.

Comment

Working...
                                X