Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2018-19: This is so sad Alex play Esposito

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    watching the NU-Alabama hockey feed.. & saw the teaser/ trailer for the new facilities being planned for the 'Gut, BB & athletics in general..
    just want to just say... wow!!! Looks fantastic, amazing, all of those things.. hope they stick with what was being presented. Its going to transform the campus & Catamount athletics for sure. All the best to UVM with this. Very, very cool!
    Please do not call us "Alabama". Thanks! I agree — glad to see some upgrades for UVM!

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Looking to watch an upcoming game. Is there a way to watch without watching on a laptop? Smart TV, Fire Stick, Roku?

Comment

The only games I have seen using Roku was on the espn+ app behind paywall.
        I had signed up for the free trial , but don't know any other streaming device unless on safari, firefox on phone or ipad.

Good Luck and congrats to Craig Puffer on co-player of the week for Hockey East.

Go Cats Go!

Comment

So, I can't go to the game tonight and, for the first time ever, have no buyers for our 4 tickets. Doesn't help that UVM Administration is GIVING AWAY free tickets to tonight's game. Schulman and Sneddon need to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by j24vt View Post
            So, I can't go to the game tonight and, for the first time ever, have no buyers for our 4 tickets. Doesn't help that UVM Administration is GIVING AWAY free tickets to tonight's game. Schulman and Sneddon need to go.
            Depressing to watch the on-ice product Sneddon has given us. Ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
              Depressing to watch the on-ice product Sneddon has given us. Ugly.
              The worst bit is casual fans will eat up the .500 record as a Great Sign of Improvement when in reality you can break down the wins like this:

4 cupcakes (UAH/RPI/SHU/Brown, no disrespect to them but they have been dreadful in recent years). Even then, SHU and Brown probably outplayed us.

3 games that Lekkas single-handedly stole with heroic 40+ save performances (@Mich, @Dartmouth, and @CC).

And the 1 oddball: that UConn miracle
              https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
              https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
              NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
              Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                The worst bit is casual fans will eat up the .500 record as a Great Sign of Improvement when in reality you can break down the wins like this:

4 cupcakes (UAH/RPI/SHU/Brown, no disrespect to them but they have been dreadful in recent years). Even then, SHU and Brown probably outplayed us.

3 games that Lekkas single-handedly stole with heroic 40+ save performances (@Mich, @Dartmouth, and @CC).

We get it, UVM is mediocre. Your constant posts telling that to us dummies is getting very old.

Comment

Originally posted by jfromvt View Post
                  We get it, UVM is mediocre. Your constant posts telling that to us dummies is getting very old.
                  I think this poster is the only one who is posting so I for one enjoy the information. Please add something to the thread if you think it needs a bump. I happen to like the information this poster shares.

Comment

Not sure what is up with college hockey? Watching Merrimack at UNH on NESN and the stadium is 60%+ empty. Lived in that area in the 90s and you could not get tickets. Granted they were a top 10 team nationally every year back then. Is it dilution with more programs or just hockey east losing its edge? UVM used to be a tough ticket with constant sell outs but no more.

Comment

Originally posted by jfromvt View Post
                      I agree with Cat Fan, she consistently posts stuff, so kudos to her for that!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                        Not sure what is up with college hockey? Watching Merrimack at UNH on NESN and the stadium is 60%+ empty. Lived in that area in the 90s and you could not get tickets. Granted they were a top 10 team nationally every year back then. Is it dilution with more programs or just hockey east losing its edge? UVM used to be a tough ticket with constant sell outs but no more.
                        Hmmm, I don't think it's the dilution thing or hockey east losing its edge. Maybe it's just that there's more to do today than there was back in the day. When I was at UVM in the mid 80's, pre internet of course, if you wanted to do something fun, you went to a hockey game or went downtown drinking, or more likely, the first followed by the second. There just weren't many choices. But I think if the team were generating some excitement, we'd start seeing some sellouts again.

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post

and so does the bootliking media! Ted Ryan story about how they now have win streak and in good shape and the Lekkas Hobey article show this more!! Love Lekkas but they dont give Hobeys to players on dead last teams in the league! Just making up a story that is not legit to make seem like season is going well
                          Exactly what Schulman wants Sneddon isnt going anywhere and long as he here the program is not!

So jvt this all the posting you will get when it become so clear that the team is bad and will always be bad now because the boss of the athletics too concern about keeping his friend and having their media friends help them keep the team bad! enjoy the empty rinks and nobody caring! that why UNH has no fans they lost them all by being bad you get good people show
                          Also funny there nothing to write about --- wherer are all those people who were so mad about the negative? How come they are not coming around to prove all us wrong with this fake win streak? Maybe they in denial about the TRUTH

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                            Not sure what is up with college hockey?...Is it dilution with more programs or just hockey east losing its edge?
                            Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                            ...Maybe it's just that there's more to do today than there was back in the day......But I think if the team were generating some excitement, we'd start seeing some sellouts again.
                            The attendance declines extend well beyond hockey and are a big concern in pro sports as well. The new Detroit super-arena just changed the lower bowl seatback colors from red to black so the numbers of empty seats at Red Wings and Pistons games wouldn't be so obvious on TV. And Nick Saban publicly chastised Alabama students for not showing up in what he considered sufficient numbers. As the first quote points out, there are so many more things competing for peoples' time, attention, and $$$ than there were even a few years ago. Biggest but not the only factors include--

--Netflix/Hulu/Roku/streaming services in general
                            --Social media generally
                            --Video gaming (including so-called eSports).

Still, there remains something to be said for "Win and They Will Come." Even UMass had crowds of 7K+ at Mullins before the holiday break
                            Last edited by Split-N; 01-05-2019, 12:36 PM.
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                              Hmmm, I don't think it's the dilution thing or hockey east losing its edge. Maybe it's just that there's more to do today than there was back in the day. When I was at UVM in the mid 80's, pre internet of course, if you wanted to do something fun, you went to a hockey game or went downtown drinking, or more likely, the first followed by the second. There just weren't many choices. But I think if the team were generating some excitement, we'd start seeing some sellouts again.
                              I think it's two things primarily: security theater and ticket prices.

With security theater, I can't bring in my purse to the games, which is a mild annoyance as a woman, but becomes even more agitating because I'm also a type 1 diabetic and I have to carry supplies for that everywhere. Only reason I even bother going through this stuff with UVM hockey is because it's in winter and thus I'll have a heavy jacket on which has more pockets. And it's so, so daft. No one is going to attack a college hockey game in Vermont; hell, sporting events are amongst the safest places one can be. Can anyone think of any sort of attack that would justify this kind of policy at a sporting venue? (I have to include venue because while there are two incidents that come to mind, the venue was just the city, so I don't count it).

As for ticket prices, who wants to pay to watch bad hockey when you can stream it in decent quality at home for free or go do something else on the weekend? Maine is probably the only team in HE where there's completely nothing else to do, as even a place like UNH isn't too far from Boston. Although in UNH's defense on their attendance vs Merrimack, I think the students being on winter break was probably a huge factor there as, especially when you combine the decreased attendance that comes with suckitude, the Durham area doesn't have the population to compensate. Burlington isn't devoid of things to do and this season has been the first since I got here that I haven't planned my social life around hockey. (Granted, as far as I know, ticket prices aren't a problem for students, as it seems as though most schools in HE have either heavily discounted or free tickets for students, usually buried in mandatory fees - I know that's at least the case at UVM and UNH - it's moreso a time/availability thing as many students work)

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
                                and so does the bootliking media! Ted Ryan story about how they now have win streak and in good shape and the Lekkas Hobey article show this more!! Love Lekkas but they dont give Hobeys to players on dead last teams in the league! Just making up a story that is not legit to make seem like season is going well
                                Exactly what Schulman wants Sneddon isnt going anywhere and long as he here the program is not!

So jvt this all the posting you will get when it become so clear that the team is bad and will always be bad now because the boss of the athletics too concern about keeping his friend and having their media friends help them keep the team bad! enjoy the empty rinks and nobody caring! that why UNH has no fans they lost them all by being bad you get good people show
                                Also funny there nothing to write about --- wherer are all those people who were so mad about the negative? How come they are not coming around to prove all us wrong with this fake win streak? Maybe they in denial about the TRUTH
                                I'm gonna go out and say that I like Ted, he's a great guy and a solid writer, but that article was daft. If Zach Aston-Reese couldn't win it in a year where he pretty much ate college hockey for breakfast, how would Lekkas win it on a last-place team?

All-Conference, maybe. All-American, long shot at best. Hobey Baker? Pump the brakes. Especially since goalies never win this dang thing and even if they did I'd probably give it to Daccord at ASU who has them in a tournament spot as an independent at the moment (or Bednard at BG who has been phenomenal for one of this year's surprise packages).

(also, if anyone's wondering why i've been more outspoken lately I am no longer with the Cynic for reasons not related to any of this)

Comment

Working...
                                X