X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.40: If You Need a Lawyer, Don't Hire Michael Cohen

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Uh, no. He told his attorney to make an illegal payment to make someone quiet. That's what his attorney said in court yesterday while pleading guilty.

dumpy has been around long enough to know who to trust and who not to trust, if you think this is some kind of new movement, you should know that he's been doing business for a long time, and if he's not capable of choosing the right people after so many years running a company, that just says that he's completely incompetent to not only run a business (which is a fact) he's not even close to qualified running this country.

How you don't see that is shocking.

BTW, you keep going on with this need for collusion- when will you remember that Mueller is just looking at the russian involvement into the election- which you said before you were against. If there's collusion in that, well, that's dumpy's problem, not Mueller.
    Let me ask this question, not just of you alfa, but of others here.

Do you guys think that Cohen and/or Trump knew the Daniels payoff was an illegal campaign donation?

See I don't, and that's what I find a bit amusing about the situation for them.

I don't think they had a clue that campaign finance laws would be triggered by that payoff, that's how stupid and in over their heads they were in this campaign.

It certainly doesn't excuse the conduct. It's illegal and I have no problem with prison sentences for violators.

But what the story really shows is how Trump's advisors basically take his lead and "wing" everything, as opposed to actually sitting down and thinking through problems and figuring out whether you can actually do something or not.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Well yeah I would agree, they're corrupt as hell but also hilariously incompetent on a number of things.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        Yeah they only spent like thousands of hours on it and found nothing but ok. Also being dumb isn't a get out of jail free pass.
        Yeah, should have spent more time on it!!
        He’s shown us time and time again he is really this stupid

Comment

I don't know if it's a reflection of how stupid and in over their heads they were (both are true for sure) or more a reflection of how Trump has viewed the law all his life. Laws are for poor people, why even bother to know them when you can buy or bully your way around them.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Do you guys think that Cohen and/or Trump knew the Daniels payoff was an illegal campaign donation?

I don't think they had a clue that campaign finance laws would be triggered by that payoff, that's how stupid and in over their heads they were in this campaign.

It certainly doesn't excuse the conduct. It's illegal and I have no problem with prison sentences for violators.

But what the story really shows is how Trump's advisors basically take his lead and "wing" everything, as opposed to actually sitting down and thinking through problems and figuring out whether you can actually do something or not.
            Yes, by the time that the payment happened, dump was THE candidate, and Cohen was his lawyer. So they had to know the campaign finance laws, or at least were informed of them. More important, if they didn't know it was against the law, why so much effort to hide it, deny it, and keep making stories up about it. Just say- I'm sorry, we didn't know that was illegal, and move on. All they did was hide, excuse, deny, etc- over this whole issue. If you really think they didn't know, I'm not sure how you interpret what they have been doing and saying.

But if they didn't....

1) not knowing a law is not an excuse for the fact that you broke the law.

2) if they didn't know, then Cohen is a pretty bad lawyer and dumpy is a pretty bad candidate for choosing bad lawyers and a whole lot of people who were working for him. Exactly what we don't want as President.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
              I don't know if it's a reflection of how stupid and in over their heads they were (both are true for sure) or more a reflection of how Trump has viewed the law all his life. Laws are for poor people, why even bother to know them when you can buy or bully your way around them.
              Yeah it can certainly be both and I don't want to downplay that aspect.

Comment

Really?

1. I'm not that smart.
                2. I'm not a lawyer.
                3. I've never run for office nor have I ever worked on a campaign.

Despite all that if I were advising the President during his campaign I would have advised him not to pay anybody off. That it was wrong and I would be no part of it.

This isn't hard.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Trump hasn't cared enough for the law to be concerned with knowing or not.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Also, what happened to "best people"? When you're running you can't possibly know everything or anything for that matter. You hire people to help you and advise you. This was an under the table, illegal activity between Cohen and Trump and they knew exactly what they were doing.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Also, what happened to "best people"? When you're running you can't possibly know everything or anything for that matter. You hire people to help you and advise you. This was an under the table, illegal activity between Cohen and Trump and they knew exactly what they were doing.
                      If these "best people" are so incompetent, doesn't that reflect poorly on dumpy's choices?

Really- how can you make an excuse that he trusted the wrong people, and not then conclude that he does not make good decisions?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        If these "best people" are so incompetent, doesn't that reflect poorly on dumpy's choices?

Really- how can you make an excuse that he trusted the wrong people, and not then conclude that he does not make good decisions?
                        if his "best people" are all incompetent and getting either convicted or pleading guilty than everyone who voted for him should be picketing the White House. Instead they're doubling down.

Comment

I think the Mafia bosses are all upset in the fact that Trump and his administration have been getting repeatedly compared to them. They're smarter than Trump and his lieutenants at knowing how to evade conviction.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            I think the Mafia bosses are all upset in the fact that Trump and his administration have been getting repeatedly compared to them. They're smarter than Trump and his lieutenants at knowing how to evade conviction.
                            They really arent. There is a reason the American Mafia isnt as big a deal as it used to be. Sooner or later everyone rats.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              They really arent. There is a reason the American Mafia isnt as big a deal as it used to be. Sooner or later everyone rats.
                              You can't let a bad joke just sit there, can you?

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                While true, they're still better at it than Trump...
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X