X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.40: If You Need a Lawyer, Don't Hire Michael Cohen

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I didn't mean to suggest that he fabricated it out of thin air.

My first response was, as written, the tweet didn't seem to make sense from a timing standpoint.

As my subsequent posts pointed out, it is entirely plausible to me that Trump wrote this misguided tweet, then showed it to someone. Maybe he showed it to get a response. Maybe he showed it to get it vetted. Who knows. At that point questions may have been raised with NK about the impact of such a tweet, and they responded that they would essentially consider it an act of imminent hostilities.

I haven't read Woodward's book so I can't quote it verbatim. However, the initial link provided suggested a much more dramatic event. Basically as Trump was drafting the tweet, staff members and State were scurrying around to try to determine the impact and trying to put a stop to it. I just figured that given it probably takes less than a minute to tweet something out, that didn't seem plausible to me. It smelled a little bit of dramatic license.
    Trump spouted off about removing troops and Americans from South Korea long before the incidents of this day. It's likely that North Korea had recently advised US officials that it would be seen as hostile, thus whoever was in charge of completing the Tweet either remembered that discussion or was politely reminded of it.

It sounds like Woodward's time line has an air of Tom Clancy to it.

Although, to be fair, Tom Clancy likely wrote both scenarios for separate books.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

https://conservativedailypost.com/ci...e-indictments/

Comment

Sort of like when you predicted the Mueller investigation ending two months ago.

You complete ****ing dip****.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          Sort of like when you predicted the Mueller investigation ending two months ago.

You complete ****ing dip****.
          Hey, flaggy is the village idiot, no question, but he's never been derogatory, or spiteful, or even mean, that I am aware of. The policies he supports are cruel and dangerous as he!!, but the guy himself seems just happily dumb. Maybe it's those elixers he buys from A Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            Hey, flaggy is the village idiot, no question, but he's never been derogatory, or spiteful, or even mean, that I am aware of. The policies he supports are cruel and dangerous as he!!, but the guy himself seems just happily dumb. Maybe it's those elixers he buys from A Jones.
            Doesn't not make him a dip****.

Also, saying parents who kids were killed are crisis actors? Glad to know that's not derogatory or mean.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

That's my question. If everything I've read here is true, he gets up at 3 in the morning and writes angry tweets. Does the WH have someone sitting beside him watching what he types out on his phone, then relaying it to the pentagon who in turn relays it to NK?
              I read this and thought- if they are smart they do!

What I primarily thought was implausible about the story was the timing involved.

From what I know about tweets, and from what I've seen from Trump's tweets, basically a thought pops into his head, he types it on his phone, hits "post" and it appears in public. There was nothing about his tweets that suggested any sort of review or vetting by State, the Pentagon or anyone else on his staff.

Thus, the timing of the story related in the link didn't make any sense when it suggested that he drafted a tweet, but before he released it the State department learned through back channels that NK would consider it a threat of imminent attack, and thus someone on his staff apparently had time to convince him to not tweet it. I didn't really see how the timing of all of that would have worked.
              Well I was going to type then....

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              Again, not all Trump's tweets are written by Trump. Someone on the WH staff also writes some. Since there's a huge difference of meaning between "tweet" and "draft a tweet", I'm assuming this person was charged with actually composing that specific one. And on from there.
              Agree with this.

I didn't mean to suggest that he fabricated it out of thin air.

My first response was, as written, the tweet didn't seem to make sense from a timing standpoint.

As my subsequent posts pointed out, it is entirely plausible to me that Trump wrote this misguided tweet, then showed it to someone. Maybe he showed it to get a response. Maybe he showed it to get it vetted. Who knows. At that point questions may have been raised with NK about the impact of such a tweet, and they responded that they would essentially consider it an act of imminent hostilities.

I haven't read Woodward's book so I can't quote it verbatim. However, the initial link provided suggested a much more dramatic event. Basically as Trump was drafting the tweet, staff members and State were scurrying around to try to determine the impact and trying to put a stop to it. I just figured that given it probably takes less than a minute to tweet something out, that didn't seem plausible to me. It smelled a little bit of dramatic license.
              I had this visual image of someone distracting him by waving a pic of him on some magazine or something and him forgetting to push send as someone relieved him of his phone.

Comment

Trump faking Obama quotes about GDP growth: https://thinkprogress.org/trump-fabr...h-e612c61b0331

Seems oddly familiar.

KDR

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                  He has definitely been derogatory before and yeah he sits off the same crap that for Jones banned from Twitter. Sorry but he is exactly what we say he is.

You giving him a pass cause you assume he is just an idiot is no different than the pass Trump got.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Truett McConnell University has a graduation rate of 22% but somehow decided their biggest issue was Nike sponsoring their uniforms. Makes sense.

KDR

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      Truett McConnell University has a graduation rate of 22% but somehow decided their biggest issue was Nike sponsoring their uniforms. Makes sense.
                      From a comment on The Hill:

“Truett McConnell has, of course, received a pledge of solidarity from its sister college, Kooter's Skool of Book Learning.”

Edit: also from the hill:
                      “Burning one's athletic shoes doesn't impress anyone. If one really wishes to protest the Nike ads, I suggest mutilating one's genitalia.”

Edit 2: same
                      “These articles can just write themselves from here on out.

"A really small college in Pennsyltucky is cutting its ties with Nike in response to its new "Just Do It" ad campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick.

Saint Donald's University in MAGAville, Pennsyltucky, an 800 student Christian college with an intramural ultimate frisbee program has stopped buying Nike t-shirts from TJ Maxx in response to them hiring a black guy who kneeled during the pre-game anthem before he kinda washed out of the NFL.

SDU students are also barred from wearing their own Nike stuff to class, having gay sex in the dorms, having straight sex in the dorms, and drinking caffeine."
                      Last edited by dxmnkd316; 09-10-2018, 10:34 PM.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        From a comment on The Hill:

“Truett McConnell has, of course, received a pledge of solidarity from its sister college, Kooter's Skool of Book Learning.”

Edit: also from the hill:
                        “Burning one's athletic shoes doesn't impress anyone. If one really wishes to protest the Nike ads, I suggest mutilating one's genitalia.”

Edit 2: same
                        “These articles can just write themselves from here on out.

"A really small college in Pennsyltucky is cutting its ties with Nike in response to its new "Just Do It" ad campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick.

Saint Donald's University in MAGAville, Pennsyltucky, an 800 student Christian college with an intramural ultimate frisbee program has stopped buying Nike t-shirts from TJ Maxx in response to them hiring a black guy who kneeled during the pre-game anthem before he kinda washed out of the NFL.

SDU students are also barred from wearing their own Nike stuff to class, having gay sex in the dorms, having straight sex in the dorms, and drinking caffeine."
                        They say it "mocks the flag". Given that this is a Baptist school in Georgia, I'm wondering if the many many Confederate flags in and around the campus do that too?

And holy ****, check out the brother of the school president: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergun_Caner. Long story short, he claims to have been raised a devout Muslim terrorist but was then saved by Christianity.

KDR

Comment

You guys won't act so smart after God taps you on the shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            And too, other than hardcore Trumper districts, Trump is toxic to the general electorate. And yet, as the midterms draw closer, he's going to insert himself into as many races as he possibly can, because...……..Trump. Everything's gotta be about him. The more swing districts he ends up campaigning for the Repub candidate in, the better the Democrats chances.
                            Yeah...when you're at 36% there aren't too many places where you're going to be a net positive where you campaign. Its been reported Rick Scott stopped mentioning Chump altogether and is trying to get Bush II to help with campaign. I've also seen that he's even in places like Missouri which is probably why McCaskill is tied in that race instead of losing handily against a fairly generic Gooper. Oddly enough in the places where Chump is most popular, like Alabama and West Virginia, his party lost one senate seat and Manchin is in the best shape of all the vulnerable Dems running for re-election.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Double fist pump at the Pennsylvania crash site. What a leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Double fist pump at the Pennsylvania crash site. What a leader.
                                How else would celebrate the day your building became the tallest in the city?

KDR

Comment

Working...
                                X