Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Results 161 to 176 of 176

Thread: College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

  1. #161
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    30,235

    Re: College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

    Lol omg. They won?

  2. #162
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #300daysofsunshine
    Posts
    18,255

    Re: College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

    I think Drew's going to delete the Politics tab again.

    ETA: Not one story about this in the TotalFark queue. Hmmm.
    Last edited by Twitch Boy; 11-12-2019 at 09:33 PM.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

  3. #163
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    7,995

    Re: College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Evansville 67
    Kentucky 64

    I've never heard of Evansville before now.
    They had the OG short sleeve jerseys.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

  4. #164
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    30,235

    Re: College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    I think Drew's going to delete the Politics tab again.

    ETA: Not one story about this in the TotalFark queue. Hmmm.
    Drew?

  5. #165
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #300daysofsunshine
    Posts
    18,255

    Re: College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Drew?
    Drew Curtis, founder of Fark, confirmed Kentuckian ("Duke sucks" is an in-joke on the site.)

    Once got rip-roaring drunk and deleted the Politics section of the site for a day and implored people to go outside.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

  6. #166
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    30,235

    Re: College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

    Ha. That’s hilarious.

  7. #167
    NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    20,466

    Re: College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    I think Drew's going to delete the Politics tab again.

    ETA: Not one story about this in the TotalFark queue. Hmmm.
    First place I looked too. (Well, regular Fark, I'm cheap.) I would go with "Evansville sucks" as the headline were it me.

    Cornell '04, Stanford '06


    KDR

    Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

  8. #168
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    42,965

    Re: College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

    LOL, Sparty.

    VA Tech 71
    Sparty 66

    Or was that a SPARTY NO?
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  9. #169
    Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Black Lodge
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    LOL, Sparty.

    VA Tech 71
    Sparty 66

    Or was that a SPARTY NO?
    To be a true Sparty No! they have to choke late in the game. It's like Couging It.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  10. #170
    We'll be back. Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Semi-retired from USCHO
    Posts
    37,546

    Re: College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

    Stephen F Austin takes out Duke in OT at Cameron on a buzzer-beating breakaway layup.

  11. #171
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    7,737

    Re: College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Stephen F Austin takes out Duke in OT at Cameron on a buzzer-beating breakaway layup.
    That was a fun game to watch. Was not particularly impressed with Duke. Missed a ton of free throws and they really showed their youth down the stretch.

    Duke starts one sophomore and four freshmen. The sophomore and one of the freshmen are from Minnesota. They were the two leading scorers for Duke at the half.

    Zeke Nnaji (Hopkins, MN) is tearing it up as a freshman at Arizona. A kid from Austin, MN starts as a sophomore for a very good Utah team. Tyrell Terry is a freshman starting point guard for a 7-1 Stanford team, leading them in scoring. I could go on all day.

    Yet somehow Richard Pitino is still the basketball coach and Minnesota. He must go into kids homes as a recruiter and give off a vibe of combination serial killer/child molester.

    Minnesota would be a Final Four favorite and probably a national championship favorite if somehow he just managed to keep half of the top player in the state from leaving.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

  12. #172
    Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...
    Posts
    5,970

    Re: College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    That was a fun game to watch. Was not particularly impressed with Duke. Missed a ton of free throws and they really showed their youth down the stretch.

    Duke starts one sophomore and four freshmen. The sophomore and one of the freshmen are from Minnesota. They were the two leading scorers for Duke at the half.

    Zeke Nnaji (Hopkins, MN) is tearing it up as a freshman at Arizona. A kid from Austin, MN starts as a sophomore for a very good Utah team. Tyrell Terry is a freshman starting point guard for a 7-1 Stanford team, leading them in scoring. I could go on all day.

    Yet somehow Richard Pitino is still the basketball coach and Minnesota. He must go into kids homes as a recruiter and give off a vibe of combination serial killer/child molester.

    Minnesota would be a Final Four favorite and probably a national championship favorite if somehow he just managed to keep half of the top player in the state from leaving.
    Minnesota doesn't come to mind when I think of 5-star basketball recruits
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

    Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

    Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

    Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

  13. #173
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    7,737

    Re: College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

    Quote Originally Posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Minnesota doesn't come to mind when I think of 5-star basketball recruits
    The last handful of years has just seen a ton of kids come out of Minnesota and have great college careers elsewhere. I have no idea, obviously, but Pitino must basically have zero relationship with the local coaches and players.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

  14. #174
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    42,965

    Re: College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

    I am shocked: Michigan basketball is off to a 7-0 start under Juwan Howard and still remains unranked.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  15. #175
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    7,995
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I am shocked: Michigan basketball is off to a 7-0 start under Juwan Howard and still remains unranked.
    The poll from the Thanksgiving tournaments won’t be out until Monday. They might move all the way to Top 10.

  16. #176
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    42,965

    Re: College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    The poll from the Thanksgiving tournaments won’t be out until Monday. They might move all the way to Top 10.
    And with Sparty, with a struggling football team and a young hockey team, Izzo is always there, and you know you'll be dancing in March.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •