Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Wait, that was at half, right?
    Oh, halftime was 20-14.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Wofford(24)cracks the AP Top 25 for the first time evah.
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Didn’t they knock off a very good Wisconsin team like six years ago?
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

A federal judge on Tuesday sentenced the three men convicted of pay-for-play schemes to steer high-profile recruits to Adidas-sponsored college basketball programs to multiple months in prison.

U.S. District Court Judge Lewis A. Kaplan sentenced former Adidas executive James Gatto to nine months in federal prison, former Adidas consultant Merl Code to six months and aspiring sports business manager Christian Dawkins to six months.
          http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...uiting-scandal
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

For all the talk of mid majors being left out, they're really just stealing spots from each other. St Mary's and now whoever wins the A-10 will have bumped two bubble teams. If Buffalo doesn't win the MAC then there's a third spot.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

2 Michigan State and 10 Minnesota head to Des Moines for their first round games (East Region).
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Outside of cramming a bunch of B1G teams together a couple of times. I thought the committee did a very good job. The only team that MIGHT have got jobbed was Greensboro, over St Johns. Maybe. That's it.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Michigan State beats Michigan 3x, gets Duke instead of Gonzaga. Ouch.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      Michigan State beats Michigan 3x, gets Duke instead of Gonzaga. Ouch.
                      Take Michigan out of the equation and Michigan State hasn't beaten much of anybody. Their biggest non-con wins are against Florida, UCLA and Texas. Doesn't exactly make your nipples hard. Michigan has 20+ point wins over both Villanova (at Villanova) and North Carolina. That's likely why they got sent where they did.

That and I don't think the committee even took today's game into consideration.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Take Michigan out of the equation and Michigan State hasn't beaten much of anybody. Their biggest non-con wins are against Florida, UCLA and Texas. Doesn't exactly make your nipples hard. Michigan has 20+ point wins over both Villanova (at Villanova) and North Carolina. That's likely why they got sent where they did.

They're tied with Virginia for the most Quad 1 wins and have a 12-4 Q1 vs their 12-3 Q1. What hurt them at the end of the day were the Indiana and Illinois losses. The Illinois game and the Indiana home game are both Q2 losses, and MSU is the only team in the NET top 14 to have more than one Q2 loss, and most have none.

And it's not exactly fair to compare UM's UNC game to MSU's Texas, because MSU would have had UNC on the schedule had the Heels not lost to Texas in Vegas.

I do agree about the committee not even taking the game into consideration. It was easier a few years ago when there weren't many Sunday championship games, but now I don't see how they can make an A or B bracket depending on the B1G winner when there are like four other games still going when the Big Ten tips off.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Neither Michigan team could move up to 1 seed. So the B1G outcome didnt matter. The committee head even said losses were a bigger factor than wins. So its easy to see Ind/Ill knocking them down to a 2.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

g'town vs harvard is the only game of interest this week
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

E$PN leaked the women's bracket just a bit ahead of time. The NCAA is not amused.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post

The conference record vs. the 7 other B1G NCAA tourney entries (13-1) make my nipples hard. Still, I choose to be Zen about this: Izzo needs to at some point beat Duke. It's been a minute.

(scrolled down and was reminded that Villanova lost at home to Furman)
                                Last edited by owslachief; 03-18-2019, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X