Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 393

Thread: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

  1. #101
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,496

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    The women's game only showed 90
    They packed 119 in for sat. game

  2. #102
    Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern New York
    Posts
    8,625

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    I'm still looking for a ticket in 54 if anyone has an extra. I have 2, but since we will be in Buffalo that afternoon for a 12U game and then driving "the 90" I need an extra so the wife can come too Happy Wife, Happy Life....

  3. #103
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,913
    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    They packed 119 in for sat. game
    I saw that ....

  4. #104
    Oswego State Great Laker
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,935

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by OZrebel View Post
    The box score account for probably 600-700 season ticket seats that don't show up for but the platty game. It's quite the disappointing site to constantly show up to in reality about 1500 at peak game time. Gone are the times of a constant 25-700. Been a steady decline the last four years for whatever be the reason.
    Attendance seems to be a topic for all sports these days. People can watch all the action from their couches on the big screen and avoid the hassle of actually dealing with live people. WTOP excellent broadcasts actually promote this trend. I have always said--these are the students games--so show up snowflake. Those 4 years are here and soon gone, skippy. Oswego has 8K undergrads? Pack the rink every home game and then head downtown and get blasted. Perfect evening. As for Townies/Season ticket holders--DONATE your tickets to youth hockey, etc. if you dont use them. Dont let them go to waste. You want a winning team? Show up, get loud.
    Last edited by OZFEST; 12-03-2018 at 06:55 PM.

  5. #105
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by OZFEST View Post
    Attendance seems to be a topic for all sports these days. People can watch all the action from their couches on the big screen and avoid the hassle of actually dealing with live people. WTOP excellent broadcasts actually promote this trend. I have always said--these are the students games--so show up snowflake. Those 4 years are here and soon gone, skippy. Oswego has 8K undergrads? Pack the rink every home game and then head downtown and get blasted. Perfect evening. As for Townies/Season ticket holders--DONATE your tickets to youth hockey, etc. if you dont use them. Dont let them go to waste. You want a winning team? Show up, get loud.
    Agree with you other than the assumption I'm a student. I go to road games as well. Geneseo had a rocking house, best atmosphere all year I've seen.

  6. #106
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,255

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by OZFEST View Post
    Attendance seems to be a topic for all sports these days. People can watch all the action from their couches on the big screen and avoid the hassle of actually dealing with live people. WTOP excellent broadcasts actually promote this trend. I have always said--these are the students games--so show up snowflake. Those 4 years are here and soon gone, skippy. Oswego has 8K undergrads? Pack the rink every home game and then head downtown and get blasted. Perfect evening. As for Townies/Season ticket holders--DONATE your tickets to youth hockey, etc. if you dont use them. Dont let them go to waste. You want a winning team? Show up, get loud.
    I'm guessing that Tinder, Instagram, et al, just offer young people too many better options than going to a hockey game on a Friday night. (Hell, if I could have hooked-up so easily back in the day, I would never have seen the inside of a rink... And I'd have **ed myself to death by age 20.)

    As far as the older crew goes, 7 PM starts are getting more difficult to deal-with... It's already dark by then, there might be an inch of snow predicted, and the game knee is acting-up. Maybe we should just stream this thing at home, with our jammies on..? (And while I'm at it: Get offa my lawn!)

    Perhaps live, in-person sports are on the way out, especially at the small-time level. Too many options are available for all ages.

  7. #107
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,496

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Guess I am old,but get your A#$ out of the dorm/house and cheer on the home team....Waaaay back when I played,my buddies where always there and they brought many others,once you went to old Romney you were hooked,didnt hurt to have some liquids with you either..people don't know what they are missing until they see sports live and in person.

  8. #108
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    419

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    Guess I am old,but get your A#$ out of the dorm/house and cheer on the home team....Waaaay back when I played,my buddies where always there and they brought many others,once you went to old Romney you were hooked,didnt hurt to have some liquids with you either..people don't know what they are missing until they see sports live and in person.
    In order to survive Romney you needed some liquid heat, haha. The same was true for playing Hobart many a years ago.
    Oswego '88

  9. #109
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,913
    Quote Originally Posted by DIIIFan View Post
    In order to survive Romney you needed some liquid heat, haha. The same was true for playing Hobart many a years ago.
    Oswego '88
    Let's go way back at Romney.....chain link fence

  10. #110
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oswego NY
    Posts
    369

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post

    As far as the older crew goes, 7 PM starts are getting more difficult to deal-with... It's already dark by then, there might be an inch of snow predicted, and the game knee is acting-up. Maybe we should just stream this thing at home, with our jammies on..? (And while I'm at it: Get offa my lawn!)
    Hey kiddo- we're pushing 70 and we're there for every game- right under the pressbox. We're there at 6:30 for warmups, and we don't leave until after we salute the team and hear the three stars.

    And then Sunday night I suit up for oldtimers hockey. Harumph.
    Oswego State 1980 Grad
    (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

  11. #111
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,255

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by ColdInRomney View Post
    Hey kiddo- we're pushing 70 and we're there for every game- right under the pressbox. We're there at 6:30 for warmups, and we don't leave until after we salute the team and hear the three stars.

    And then Sunday night I suit up for oldtimers hockey. Harumph.
    You're one of a dying breed, and God bless you.

  12. #112
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,496

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by ColdInRomney View Post
    Hey kiddo- we're pushing 70 and we're there for every game- right under the pressbox. We're there at 6:30 for warmups, and we don't leave until after we salute the team and hear the three stars.

    And then Sunday night I suit up for oldtimers hockey. Harumph.
    I didn't get a Harumph outa that guy...…..Keep up the good work,if I lived in Oz I like to think I would be there as well,couldn't be anymore heartbreaking than having Jets and Rangers season tiks like I had back in the day

  13. #113
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oswego NY
    Posts
    369

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    I didn't get a Harumph outa that guy...…..
    "Just think of your secretary, Sir..."
    Oswego State 1980 Grad
    (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

  14. #114
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,715

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    Let's go way back at Romney.....chain link fence
    And the penalty "boxes" were simply the benches right next to the fans...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  15. #115
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,715

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    I didn't get a Harumph outa that guy.....Keep up the good work,if I lived in Oz I like to think I would be there as well,couldn't be anymore heartbreaking than having Jets and Rangers season tiks like I had back in the day
    I knew there was a reason why I like you so much! (I had Jets season tickets back in the Ken O'Brien era.)
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  16. #116
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nantucket, MA
    Posts
    3,158

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Seen at the Campus Center - "Students who have purchased tickets to the Plattsburgh hockey game will be allowed to line up at 2pm Saturday for admittance to the arena. Those who line up prior to 2pm will be asked to leave the building."
    LakerEagleLover

    I support tuition payments past...

  17. #117
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,715
    Quote Originally Posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    Seen at the Campus Center - "Students who have purchased tickets to the Plattsburgh hockey game will be allowed to line up at 2pm Saturday for admittance to the arena. Those who line up prior to 2pm will be asked to leave the building."
    So they line up outside the building prior to 2:00...

  18. #118
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,496

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    I knew there was a reason why I like you so much! (I had Jets season tickets back in the Ken O'Brien era.)
    our group had them going back to Shea Stadium,that place was wild...

  19. #119
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,715
    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    our group had them going back to Shea Stadium,that place was wild...
    I was on the waiting list when they were at Shea. When they moved to the larger Giants Stadium, I moved up enough to get them.

  20. #120
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,496

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    Seen at the Campus Center - "Students who have purchased tickets to the Plattsburgh hockey game will be allowed to line up at 2pm Saturday for admittance to the arena. Those who line up prior to 2pm will be asked to leave the building."
    The line-up for WW is pretty cool to see,last yr me and my 10y.o. walked the whole line took a good while to reach the end..Wish we were there tonight....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •