Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

I'll throw out a few #'s...Genny is 4 for 8 in the 2 games vs Oswego on the PP...we are 0-4.....Genny has scored 7 goals....Oswego 4....0 on the PP...Genny has 3 even strength goals ...Oswego 4...Don't have to be a anchor on ESPN to figure out what need NOT be done/taken.....also Genny #1 on the PP...Oswego 25th PK...Nuff said,lets play even up boys GO LAKERS....
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 02-25-2019, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
      I'll throw out a few #'s...Genny is 4 for 8 in the 2 games vs Oswego on the PP...we are 0-4.....Genny has scored 7 goals....Oswego 4....0 on the PP...Genny has 3 even strength goals ...Oswego 4...Don't have to be a anchor on ESPN to figure out what need NOT be done/taken.....also Genny #1 on the PP...Oswego 25th PK...Nuff said,lets play even up boys GO LAKERS....
      Exactly.....the tying goal by Genny in our last game was a PPG on a late slashing call in the 3rd. That game was certainly closer than the 1st one when we got blanked.
      I like our chances (for once)

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
        Exactly.....the tying goal by Genny in our last game was a PPG on a late slashing call in the 3rd. That game was certainly closer than the 1st one when we got blanked.
        I like our chances (for once)
        yes and IIRC they had played a whole bunch more games than us early in the season which I am sure helped them...…..

Comment

There is a pretty good size crowd coming from the lake Saturday. We are all pumped. Our expectations are 50/50 meaning we expect a close very hard fought game.
          One item I want to address is the officiating. I know being an avid hockey supporter here it can be interpreted as biased. We have been to all games at home and away for many years. The status of officiating is not getting better. The quality of the game suffers every week because of poor officiating. I’m speaking about both sides of the ice, I have seen horrible calls on our opponents also this year.
          Many years ago a good friend of mine who played hockey and became a referee in the pro’s told me that when you leave a game at the end of the night if you cannot remember the name of a ref and they called a good game. Lets hope we see a great game Saturday night and cannot remember who the ref’s were

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
            There is a pretty good size crowd coming from the lake Saturday. We are all pumped. Our expectations are 50/50 meaning we expect a close very hard fought game.
            One item I want to address is the officiating. I know being an avid hockey supporter here it can be interpreted as biased. We have been to all games at home and away for many years. The status of officiating is not getting better. The quality of the game suffers every week because of poor officiating. I’m speaking about both sides of the ice, I have seen horrible calls on our opponents also this year.
            Many years ago a good friend of mine who played hockey and became a referee in the pro’s told me that when you leave a game at the end of the night if you cannot remember the name of a ref and they called a good game. Lets hope we see a great game Saturday night and cannot remember who the ref’s were
            To expand on this, the sign of the officiating is that fans are starting to groan during warm-ups because we already recognize the names of some officials. I know there are a couple that I see and know it's going to be a long night. When I started going to the games in the 80s, I couldn't have told you who any of the officials were.
            Steve
            Penn State Class of '95
            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

nailed it...The players have taken their game to the next level come the end/playoff time,wish the refs could do the same,doesn't seem like it,but lets hope for the best come sat night,would not want to have the refs determine the games outcome in anyway...

Comment

We know exactly what wood is saying. Many of us know these ref's and some by first name basis. We are always looking at the warmup now not just for the players, but the ref's. Draft is correct the game is faster today and I really do not think some of the men can stay with it. Recently we had a linesman at the CC that literally got hit or redirected the play because he was in the way. All game long. We always believed that the ref's were also athletic . Not so sure anymore, someone recently told me they are part of the game and should accept what happens. Some of us have watched collegiate hockey in Oswego since 1964 and trust me the officiating is not good today

Comment

• Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                  We know exactly what wood is saying. Many of us know these ref's and some by first name basis. We are always looking at the warmup now not just for the players, but the ref's. Draft is correct the game is faster today and I really do not think some of the men can stay with it. Recently we had a linesman at the CC that literally got hit or redirected the play because he was in the way. All game long. We always believed that the ref's were also athletic . Not so sure anymore, someone recently told me they are part of the game and should accept what happens. Some of us have watched collegiate hockey in Oswego since 1964 and trust me the officiating is not good today
                  It's not just in Oswego or at the college level in general, its across the board starting at the youth level.
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                    It's not just in Oswego or at the college level in general, its across the board starting at the youth level.
                    My wife and I went to the section 7 championship game between Beekmantown and Plattsburgh High School. Only three penalties called all night. More could have been called, but overall the refs did a good job. BTW Plattsburgh High won 4-2 and will face Queensbury in Glens Falls to try to punch the ticket to Buffalo for the final 4. They didn't announce attendance but I would guess around 1200 at the Ronnie B.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

...Draft is correct the game is faster today and I really do not think some of the men can stay with it. ...
                      Truth is, we fans are one of the primary reasons why officiating is deteriorating quickly. See this article for proof. Without an ample and steady supply of new officiating talent, it's only going to get worse because the only officials willing to endure the abuse will be in it solely for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                        Truth is, we fans are one of the primary reasons why officiating is deteriorating quickly. See this article for proof. Without an ample and steady supply of new officiating talent, it's only going to get worse because the only officials willing to endure the abuse will be in it solely for the money.
                        Not sure we are comparing apples and apples here...or whatever that saying is

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                          I used to referee youth soccer all the way up to high school varsity. I enjoyed junior high and high school way more than doing youth games. The number one gripe I always had with dealing with unruly parents were the ones that didn't know the rules, and that was much more prevalent at the youth level than the upper echelons. They were impossible to reason with. The closest I ever came to being physically attacked was from a youth league parent who was completely clueless about a particular rule and procedure that he kept insisting I was getting wrong.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                            Most of them down here are in it for the money.
                            Last edited by joecct; 03-01-2019, 09:38 AM.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

FYI Game sat night is sold out....should be a great crowd/atmosphere,think the Ira holds 2100+....I am sure The Lakers will have a few fans in the stands as well...
                              Last edited by bakdraft21; 03-01-2019, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Hmmm..... not sure I like the sound of this

Geneseo Athletics has forwarded the following message for fans with pre-sale Oswego tickets:

"In order to service the Oswego fans that were fortunate to obtain tickets, we will be setting up a separate, reserved entrance for them in order to alleviate the traffic entering the rink. There will be adequate way finding signage posted directing them to this reserved entrance. "

Ever see Soylant Green?
                                Oswego State 1980 Grad
                                (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Working...
                                X