Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 423

Thread: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

  1. #381
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,548

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by BKrosky View Post
    Looked like D'Orazio & McArthur the only non-seniors who aren't returning. Makes sense with age + playing time last year.

    D'Orazio is an interesting case because the coaching staff was so high on him during his freshman year. He scored 71 points during his final year in juniors (Was highest scoring player in OJHL that year to not go Div. 1) and the staff put him on the first line and PP units during his first handful of games. Just didn't translate to the next level.
    yea it happens,never know what jr's #'s will translate,I think Bruce had 30+ goals b4 Oz and didn't pan out,same with Clerc from this past yr ,he went to Potsdam had 4 goals in 8 games...never know.
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 06-07-2019 at 08:04 AM.

  2. #382
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,841

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    same with Clerc from this past yr ,he went to Potsdam had 4 goals in 8 games...never know.
    He made an immediate impact on Potsdam.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  3. #383
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,548

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    He made an immediate impact on Potsdam.
    happy to hear

  4. #384
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    943

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    When did Coach Digby move to the Womens team?

  5. #385
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,841

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by oswegohockey12 View Post
    When did Coach Digby move to the Womens team?
    Well, that's interesting...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  6. #386
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,548

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by oswegohockey12 View Post
    When did Coach Digby move to the Womens team?
    Heard about this but not sure on the particulars...

  7. #387
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oswego NY
    Posts
    371

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Well, that's interesting...
    Well that's an understatement.
    Oswego State 1980 Grad
    (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

  8. #388
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,548

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Around a month til the students come back to campus and I believe the players will be back a little earlier as the team has a big European trip....I know we don't have many spot on the roster but man Coach Gosek is playing it close to the vest,have yet to see any Oswego recruits listed anywhere......Best of luck overseas Lakers...

  9. #389
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    128

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    Around a month til the students come back to campus and I believe the players will be back a little earlier as the team has a big European trip....I know we don't have many spot on the roster but man Coach Gosek is playing it close to the vest,have yet to see any Oswego recruits listed anywhere......Best of luck overseas Lakers...
    I've no horse in this race, but I agree with you that it's quite odd that upon a cursory review of the commitment lists of the usual junior league suspects, not one Oswego recruit can be found! Which to me says that the few open spots will be filled by D1 or D3 transfers and bubble D1 players who are reluctant to announce until every last D1 option has been exhausted. (I note that the scoring leader in the NCDC just announced his commitment to Norwich.) Not a bad place for Oswego to be in I suppose.

  10. #390
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,548

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
    I've no horse in this race, but I agree with you that it's quite odd that upon a cursory review of the commitment lists of the usual junior league suspects, not one Oswego recruit can be found! Which to me says that the few open spots will be filled by D1 or D3 transfers and bubble D1 players who are reluctant to announce until every last D1 option has been exhausted. (I note that the scoring leader in the NCDC just announced his commitment to Norwich.) Not a bad place for Oswego to be in I suppose.
    That's what I was thinking but was to lazy to write it,you nailed it.

  11. #391
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,548

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Schedule is up...……..nothing out of the ordinary...…...Oct 19th Ex vs. Carlton Place and another the 26th Ex vs Naz as well..
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 07-16-2019 at 01:25 PM.

  12. #392
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,841

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    Schedule is up...……..nothing out of the ordinary...…...Oct 19th Ex vs. Carlton Place and another the 26th Ex vs Naz as well..
    But a good OOC schedule nonetheless.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  13. #393
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,548

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    But a good OOC schedule nonetheless.
    yes and I think we usually have a good one...…..Cant wait..

  14. #394
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,432

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Pardon the intrusion, Laker Faithful, but we've decided to visit your fair city for a short, spur-of-the-moment getaway. I've only been there to fish (9-Mile and Selkirk) and know little to nothing about the downtown area.

    We're staying at the Best Western and plan to walk everywhere from there and to dine al fresco. What's the consensus on Alex's and Eleven Brewing? We love Asian chow as well. Any and all suggestions will be welcomed and appreciated.

    Thank you in advance.

    EDIT: We love fried clams, too. How are Skip's?
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 07-24-2019 at 05:21 PM.

  15. #395
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    205

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Alex's is a beautiful facility, a little pricey, food is ok. Across the street from the hotel is the Press Box, best pub in town, great food.
    Across the river on west first street is Bistro 137 with exceptional food, and on west second street a half bloc south from the movie theatre is La Parilla, great food, Mediterranean menu. Get in your car and drive a couple miles to Rudy's just west of the SUNY campus right on the lake, sit down and have any kind of seafood fried or broiled. Just get directions from the hotel

  16. #396
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,432

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by lakont55 View Post
    Alex's is a beautiful facility, a little pricey, food is ok. Across the street from the hotel is the Press Box, best pub in town, great food.
    Across the river on west first street is Bistro 137 with exceptional food, and on west second street a half bloc south from the movie theatre is La Parilla, great food, Mediterranean menu. Get in your car and drive a couple miles to Rudy's just west of the SUNY campus right on the lake, sit down and have any kind of seafood fried or broiled. Just get directions from the hotel
    Thanks, and we got similar suggestions from the friendly Oswegans. (Yeah, just took a shot at that.)

    We ate at Alex's and had a craft at the Bistro. Or maybe two. Probably should have done the opposite, as you suggested; next time, we will. Alex's is a great place to sit and watch the water, but the food there was barely passable.

    Anyway, we had a great time on a hot Summer day. The Farmer's Market was on too, and we walked up and down the downtown area for hours.

    Good time. We'll go again. And the Best Western -for $149 with a river view balcony- was a deal.

    Fun town!

  17. #397
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,428

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Thanks, and we got similar suggestions from the friendly Oswegans. (Yeah, just took a shot at that.)

    We ate at Alex's and had a craft at the Bistro. Or maybe two. Probably should have done the opposite, as you suggested; next time, we will. Alex's is a great place to sit and watch the water, but the food there was barely passable.

    Anyway, we had a great time on a hot Summer day. The Farmer's Market was on too, and we walked up and down the downtown area for hours.

    Good time. We'll go again. And the Best Western -for $149 with a river view balcony- was a deal.

    Fun town!
    Fireworks show unreal?
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  18. #398
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,432

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Fireworks show unreal?
    Didn't see any, to be honest.

    The ferris wheel on the South shore caught our eyes, but we don't stay up very late anymore, and maybe we missed them.

    Again, we had fun there, though. Lake Ontario is an under-appreciated resource in this neck of the woods. And the Salmon River Falls via the way back to Utica was absolutely worth the short detour.

  19. #399
    Oswego State Great Laker
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,949

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    Instacrap says Lakers playing Euros?

  20. #400
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    205

    Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

    The boys are off to Italy and then Switzerland later this week with numerous family members and fans. To see them play this early in the year is unheard of. We are looking forward to a great year

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •