Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
    He's a FL boy with some good NAHL experience prior to Merrimack. Should be a nice add for Oswego.
    Could always use a good dman,well that's coming from a ol'dman...Welcome mom..

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
      Ugh, that was a horrible game to sit through. I would gladly drive the 90 minutes to have all of our Morrisville games in their rink. For some reason we play them much better down there, and they give us a hell of a time in the CC. Home "advantage"? Not with these guys. I don't think we were playing bad (shots advantage of like 4:1?), but they did a great job of plugging up the middle, and their tender was outstanding. Ugly win. Now watch, tomorrow will be a completely different game….

New D-man- transfer from D-1 Merrimack?
      I'll say I like their penalty kill,VERY aggressive and it gave us problems,0-6 nothing on a 5 on 3 and nothing on a 5 min major...Their netminder played well and will have to get e new jersey many hit the chest and the glass,also a few posts I think.Hansen made a few nice stops.Hey its a W, hope for a better showing...Lets see what the new transfer brings best of luck to him.

Comment

Nice game last night. I think Hansen deserved to start in net. The first 15 minutes of the game or so we played great. After that there was to much inconstancy. Nice to MacMillian back in the line up. Solow the new D-man played a nice game nothing great but solid. He did get his first point last night so he is on the board. Having all these D-1 transfers I think is a mixed blessing. I believe that it may discourage new recruits from coming, but they do bring a lot of experience of a more faster and talented level of play. Fletcher will not see any ice tome next weekend which is to bad for I like his feisty level of play. Dumb penalties equals no ice time have to play smart. It is nice to see Horn getting some playing time his big body needs to be planted in front of the net, but he is tough on the boards. Lets hope that we get 2 BIG Wins next weekend.
        Oswego '88

Comment

4pt weekend is always nice....we were throwing the body all weekend liked it, yes Horn can grind and along with Nenadal watch out keep your head up...We need to finish chances more,hit the netminder in the chest and hit the glass all weekend,keep the puck low and get rebounds...Zizek seems to be in the right place all the time,he gets a tons of chances,always husltes and plays in all situations,like a Herlihy...Novick Campbell Currie Allen our core 4 dmen are very good,a few miss handles of the puck but very good,the other 2 dmen of the night need to step up and keep us in there...Netminders looked good....Molinaro and Gillespie are going strong.1 for 11 on the PP vs Mville is not going to cut it,I like Mville Pk very aggressive,gave us problmes,we should adopt it.....Nice job Lakers..

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
            4pt weekend is always nice....we were throwing the body all weekend liked it, yes Horn can grind and along with Nenadal watch out keep your head up...We need to finish chances more,hit the netminder in the chest and hit the glass all weekend,keep the puck low and get rebounds...Zizek seems to be in the right place all the time,he gets a tons of chances,always husltes and plays in all situations,like a Herlihy...Novick Campbell Currie Allen our core 4 dmen are very good,a few miss handles of the puck but very good,the other 2 dmen of the night need to step up and keep us in there...Netminders looked good....Molinaro and Gillespie are going strong.1 for 11 on the PP vs Mville is not going to cut it,I like Mville Pk very aggressive,gave us problmes,we should adopt it.....Nice job Lakers..
            I didnt see the 1st game but in the 2nd alot of open opportunities that went high or hit the net mindminder square. Good scoring got us the W but 1/11 is awful and wont spin against the likes of Fred and Gen. Critical games coming up.

Comment

Looks like Clerc has ended up on Potsdam, had a highlight reel goal on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                Looks like Clerc has ended up on Potsdam, had a highlight reel goal on Tuesday.
                And he plays on the first line. Just goes to show how deep Oswego's recruiting is.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  And he plays on the first line. Just goes to show how deep Oswego's recruiting is.
                  he didn't even see the ice not 1 game...maybe more to that than we may know...good luck to him.

Comment

Revenge on Freddy tonight...lets go Lakers

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      he didn't even see the ice not 1 game...maybe more to that than we may know...good luck to him.
                      No need to read anything more into it. He wanted to play. So he left.

But like I said, someone who doesn't even get to play is a first liner on a fellow conference team. That's amazing depth for Oswego.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Good win for us last night. Freddy's goalie Bogart, played very well and he was the reason Freddy was in it as long as they were. He made some great stops. I had the fortunate pleasure of standing beside his mom for the game. We had a nice talk during the game. The Bogarts are good family friends with the family of Carter Allen, and she spoke very highly of Carter. With our D'men actually scoring this year we have to stop crowding the net and keep our spacing. Teams now have to respect the scoring threat from the Blue line. This will only help our PP. Berry played a nice game and it was good to see him back for he seemed to be back to his old playing style. Only negative is that we got what I call the Jim Boeheim effect. That is being to close to Syracuse and when The Lakers are up they stop playing the style that got them the lead. Yes Freddy played a different game the first 5-6 minutes of the start of the 3rd but we were not playing the aggressive style that got us the lead. The dmen paring of MacMillian and Solow has been a solid paring. Let's hope there is no drop off in tonights game. Still have to be mentally tough.
                        Oswego '88

Comment

Only got to see the first period,yes girls travel softball is a year round sport,we looked very good both goals were nice shots and we looked composed on the PP and aggressive on the PK....Agree with DIII great to have the dmen in the scoring column this yr...Should be another close one tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                            Good win for us last night. Freddy's goalie Bogart, played very well and he was the reason Freddy was in it as long as they were. He made some great stops. I had the fortunate pleasure of standing beside his mom for the game. We had a nice talk during the game. The Bogarts are good family friends with the family of Carter Allen, and she spoke very highly of Carter. With our D'men actually scoring this year we have to stop crowding the net and keep our spacing. Teams now have to respect the scoring threat from the Blue line. This will only help our PP. Berry played a nice game and it was good to see him back for he seemed to be back to his old playing style. Only negative is that we got what I call the Jim Boeheim effect. That is being to close to Syracuse and when The Lakers are up they stop playing the style that got them the lead. Yes Freddy played a different game the first 5-6 minutes of the start of the 3rd but we were not playing the aggressive style that got us the lead. The dmen paring of MacMillian and Solow has been a solid paring. Let's hope there is no drop off in tonights game. Still have to be mentally tough.
                            Oswego '88
                            I thought the Jim Boeheim effect was when you miss a ton of foul shots and the big ones when they count

Comment

Well that sucked. The one thing we thought we didn't have to worry about this year was goaltending.
                              Oswego State 1980 Grad
                              (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                                Only negative is that we got what I call the Jim Boeheim effect. That is being to close to Syracuse and when The Lakers are up they stop playing the style that got them the lead.
                                Oswego '88
                                Oh that's soooooo…. 20th Century.....
                                Oswego State 1980 Grad
                                (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Working...
                                X