Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

Last nights game prove to all of us who were at the game that Oswego was giving too much respect to Genny, we were tentative in the first. Genny has great skaters and they cam overwhelm easily. But Oswego played with total aggression in the 5 min. PP and the end result was great. There was a number of questionable calls and no calls last night for both teams. Coach Shultz and Coach Gosek were both quite agitated with the boys in stripes.That seems to be a consistent factor in D3 hockey. It was a big noisy crowd and the excitement made for a great game. We look forward to being in the North country next weekend.
    As for Tyson Bruce, the Canton coaches are using him on PP's and it is paying off. He is a great kid and we are happy for him in the OZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
      Coach brings in who they think can help the team and then they try to work things out on the ice,never know who will fit where,looks like Bruce fits with Canton,good for him nice to see.....and I think he got more than 1 game IIRC..Fact check 2 1/2 yrs 18games...2 goals 3 assists..
      You get one game, and then you sit out for what 3 weeks and "may" get another chance. How are you supposed to build any in game chemistry with that, let's be real you know that's incredibly hard to do. We look at our inconsistency and a big flag could be pointed at our revolving door of lines. You can look great in practice, but practice isn't a game.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
        You get one game, and then you sit out for what 3 weeks and "may" get another chance. How are you supposed to build any in game chemistry with that, let's be real you know that's incredibly hard to do. We look at our inconsistency and a big flag could be pointed at our revolving door of lines. You can look great in practice, but practice isn't a game.
        Didn't get much chance this yr ok...played 13 games last yr and had a goal and 3 assists...with a lot of players you make your bones for the most part in practice as well,doesnt hurt scoring in games also,he didn't really put up to many pts,wasnt a grinder or assist machine.....he looks good in Canton,sometimes a change of scenery is good for al involved...I think the coaches were more than fair...….onto The North Country

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
          Last nights game prove to all of us who were at the game that Oswego was giving too much respect to Genny, we were tentative in the first. Genny has great skaters and they cam overwhelm easily. But Oswego played with total aggression in the 5 min. PP and the end result was great. There was a number of questionable calls and no calls last night for both teams. Coach Shultz and Coach Gosek were both quite agitated with the boys in stripes.That seems to be a consistent factor in D3 hockey. It was a big noisy crowd and the excitement made for a great game. We look forward to being in the North country next weekend.
          As for Tyson Bruce, the Canton coaches are using him on PP's and it is paying off. He is a great kid and we are happy for him in the OZ.
          Refs didn't seem to have control and the coaches let them know from what we could see on the computer....The 5 for interference was questionable at best,first time I have seen a 5 for that...If both these teams make the YAC final buckle up

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
            Bak might want to comment on this, but I noticed a lot of open ice in front of the net, on the offence and defense side of puck. Missed scoring opportunities and defensive lapses (see Genny goal # 4--blown assignment for sure, if we could get that one back--nice W over #2). Overall pretty good game, sloppy at times on both sides, way to step up and score a SHG on a 5 minute Interference(!) major. Crowd looked and sounded great. Go Lakers.
            Last edited by OZFEST; 02-10-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
              Bak might want to comment on this, but I noticed a lot of open ice in front of the net, on the offence and defense side of puck. Missed scoring opportunities and defensive lapses (see Genny goal # 4--blown assignment for sure, if we could get that one back--nice W over #2). Overall pretty good game, sloppy at times on both sides, way to step up and score a SHG on a 5 minute Interference(!) major. Crowd looked and sounded great. Go Lakers.
              I think with some of our dmen they get caught puck watching at times,it happens,you have to have a opposing players stick or the ability to get to him if the puck comes his way...I like the way Broughman takes the puck to the net,straight for the goalie collision or not,rarely score from behind the net,nice to have a man in the slot for garbage/rebound goals ...Goal 4 was on the PK,we were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to timid on their 2 PPG's....ps Next time we meet Genny we may,enter sarcastic words ,want to watch Romano he only has 32 helpers,3 last night ...,along with a goal..
              Last edited by bakdraft21; 02-10-2019, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                Refs didn't seem to have control and the coaches let them know from what we could see on the computer....The 5 for interference was questionable at best,first time I have seen a 5 for that...If both these teams make the YAC final buckle up
                I have seen it before.... it's an out for the officials to call a 5-minute major without the accompanying DQ. Plattsburgh had one earlier this year. Plays actually looked pretty similar and I thought both were legitimate calls.

BTW, I had the impression watching the game from about the 15 minute mark of the third that Geneseo was content to play for the tie and didn't push that hard for the game winner. It was a fun game to watch (with absolutely no rooting interest except still being able to say we're the only team to beat Geneseo this year!)
                Steve
                Penn State Class of '95
                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                  BTW, I had the impression watching the game from about the 15 minute mark of the third that Geneseo was content to play for the tie and didn't push that hard for the game winner.
                  That was my impression about about both teams, although probably Geneseo a bit more. I think once it got close to the end of regulation tied both teams closed up a bit and were playing not to lose. As the road team I think Geneseo especially was happy to get out of the campus center with a point.
                  #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                    That was my impression about about both teams, although probably Geneseo a bit more. I think once it got close to the end of regulation tied both teams closed up a bit and were playing not to lose. As the road team I think Geneseo especially was happy to get out of the campus center with a point.
                    Not to mention that a tie pretty much wraps up the regular season title. Oswego really needed to win that game if they entertained thoughts of that #1 seed in the SUNYAC tournament.
                    Steve
                    Penn State Class of '95
                    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Genny game most fun to watch all season... and Broughman is a stud. If he can stop taking penalties, watching his aggressive play on offense is a delight, he just seems to make things happen. Seems to have gotten better with each game. Looking forward to three more years...

Comment

Originally posted by skipperbob View Post
                        Genny game most fun to watch all season... and Broughman is a stud. If he can stop taking penalties, watching his aggressive play on offense is a delight, he just seems to make things happen. Seems to have gotten better with each game. Looking forward to three more years...
                        Agree I thought from day 1 that Broughman may have been a player that slipped thur the cracks, as he took some time off from hockey,then had a great yr up north...good size speed and hands,almost ,almost,Sellick like,not there yet...Yes must watch the bad pens,that said Oz has not taken a ton of pens this yr, but did notice the many slashing calls in the past few games,that is the new norm,we had better watch the sticks boys....

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                          ...did notice the many slashing calls in the past few games,that is the new norm,we had better watch the sticks boys....
                          I was talking to a referee observer back during the Potsdam at Hobart game, and he told me that slashing is an emphasis this year, especially any slash that causes the player to lose possession of the puck is going to get called.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            I was talking to a referee observer back during the Potsdam at Hobart game, and he told me that slashing is an emphasis this year, especially any slash that causes the player to lose possession of the puck is going to get called.
                            Don't watch to much NHL,but think its the same there as well..

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                              For sure. I have an abacus next to my TV chair to keep track of all the times this year I've said "That's a slash???". Same at the SUNYAC games.
                              Oswego State 1980 Grad
                              (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Got it done last night,many freshmen in the line up and none-regulars that played well...……..No Gillespie and Broughman…..Should be a close one tonight either way...

Comment

Working...
                                X