Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
    We drove home from Geneseo and arrived at 1:00 . We were tried but I could not sleep when we got home. There was a lot of emotion in that game game last night. Oswego could have filled that rink if they would have sold us the tickets. Let me say this Geneseo is a great team and I will say that we did not win last night, and I know this sounds crazy, but I do not feel like we lost last night. It was a great collegiate hockey game that you could not ask for more. As far as the officiating, it was clearly abundant that the ref’s could not keep up with the speed of the game. We need better people to do that job. And let me say we have seen very few people that can do that. It does tarnish a great game, and somebody should inform them that they are not the show out there. They need to check their egos at the door. It would be great to see a game and not remember who refer it.
    The price of admission was $5.00 , I would have paid ten times that much to see a rematch, and you never know it might happen
    Ditto on the rematch. I also agree with your take on the officiating; they seemed behind the play (physically and mentally) on a number of occasions. Great to have the classy Oswego fans again at the Ira. Would be a thriller to play again at a neutral site with a bigger slab of ice.

Comment

Originally posted by geneseo View Post
      Ditto on the rematch. I also agree with your take on the officiating; they seemed behind the play (physically and mentally) on a number of occasions. Great to have the classy Oswego fans again at the Ira. Would be a thriller to play again at a neutral site with a bigger slab of ice.
      I totally agree. This is supposed to be the leagues best that they got to offer? I would rather have St Louis back, well maybe not quite..LOL

Comment

PP goals again, 2 for them 0 for us. I didn't see all the game but the 3rd Genny goal was the exact same setup as the tying goal in the last game except this time we were playing them tight....still a goal, dang.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
          PP goals again, 2 for them 0 for us. I didn't see all the game but the 3rd Genny goal was the exact same setup as the tying goal in the last game except this time we were playing them tight....still a goal, dang.
          Romano is a magician with the puck. Everyone in the arena knows he's going across the slot to Empy, but he still gets them through. I guess that's why he leads DIII in assists, and by a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by geneseo View Post
            Romano is a magician with the puck. Everyone in the arena knows he's going across the slot to Empy, but he still gets them through. I guess that's why he leads DIII in assists, and by a lot.
            Geneseo has put together such a dominating and complete season so far....one that I haven't seen in recent memory. Impressive.

Comment

Well what can ya say good game and yes the refs again were very noticeable,very rare to see the 2 penalties at once,but hey they wanted to get noticed and they did,while missing the many interference plays that genny uses on their PP,they use the pick down low and the refs missed them....We let Romano and the PP beat us again...6 of 10 on the PP in 3 games,romano had an assist on all 6 PP goals,and last night we sat back and watched him do what he does,not sure why???,but it cost us BIGTIME....our PP last night, the little we had was a Chinese fire drill at best.Richer saved our bacon again.Down 3-1 we dug deep and made a nice return..Laker fans were loud and proud, could hear them very well ….Genny was a 1/2 step faster than us,especially off the draws...Our forecheck was not what is usually is,they broke out way to ez....We didn't cover there points well and they covered ours and blocked a bunch of shots from our point....Not sure we would want to meet them on a bigger sheet of ice??? Whats next??….P.S. If we play even up we win,,,,big if.....just sayin....
              Last edited by bakdraft21; 03-03-2019, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Off topic but Congrats to The Lakers Mens B-ball team, advancing to the sweeeeeet 16 last night in O.T.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                  Well what can ya say good game and yes the refs again were very noticeable,very rare to see the 2 penalties at once,but hey they wanted to get noticed and they did,while missing the many interference plays that genny uses on their PP,they use the pick down low and the refs missed them....We let Romano and the PP beat us again...6 of 10 on the PP in 3 games,romano had an assist on all 6 PP goals,and last night we sat back and watched him do what he does,not sure why???,but it cost us BIGTIME....our PP last night, the little we had was a Chinese fire drill at best.Richer saved our bacon again.Down 3-1 we dug deep and made a nice return..Laker fans were loud and proud, could hear them very well ….Genny was a 1/2 step faster than us,especially off the draws...Our forecheck was not what is usually is,they broke out way to ez....We didn't cover there points well and they covered ours and blocked a bunch of shots from our point....Not sure we would want to meet them on a bigger sheet of ice??? Whats next??….P.S. If we play even up we win,,,,big if.....just sayin....
                  for an amateur fan who never played the game like me, your breakdown of what you saw after each game is cash money. Let’s hope the hockey gods smile on us this morning....
                  LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Really surprised we got the QF game over St. Norbert. The committee has favored Oswego in the past, and i guess it continues. Winner of Hobart vs. Plymouth State is a really, really favorable matchup. Hobart is tough, but playing them in the MCC favors us a lot, imo.

Comment

I’ll see y’all at The Wheelhouse.
                      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
                        Really surprised we got the QF game over St. Norbert. The committee has favored Oswego in the past, and i guess it continues. Winner of Hobart vs. Plymouth State is a really, really favorable matchup. Hobart is tough, but playing them in the MCC favors us a lot, imo.
                        The only way SNC could have gotten a quarterfinal game is if they flew an eastern team to them. They obviously didn't want that expense.

By PWR, Stevens Point had to have a quarterfinal game over SNC. So, there was no other way SNC gets a quarterfinal game. So the next best PWR team is Oswego. It was actually quite logical.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                          for an amateur fan who never played the game like me, your breakdown of what you saw after each game is cash money. Let’s hope the hockey gods smile on us this morning....
                          Well Lou I just call'em as I see them,I am sure I miss a lot and the coaches see waaaay more than I, that's when I can watch the games,always want the best for The Lakers... so lets see whats next for us ….I would go with Hobart if I was a betting man,which I am not any more...long break for us,maybe time to work on special teams?? Best of Luck...
                          Last edited by bakdraft21; 03-04-2019, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Basketball and Hockey in the sweet 16 or so, nice to see...….lets go Lakers

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              Basketball and Hockey in the sweet 16 or so, nice to see...….lets go Lakers
                              The Dirty Dozen?
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                The Dirty Dozen?
                                That may have copy rights,dont want to offend anyone these days...

Comment

Working...
                                X