Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2018-19: Let's Be Honest, Jerrah is the Real Commissioner.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2018-19: Let's Be Honest, Jerrah is the Real Commissioner.

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    From 1-15 to 0-16 to 7-8-1 is still not a bad turnaround.
    Browns now looking at McCarthy (formerly of the Pack). Oh, those Browns.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      If Colts-Titans tie, Steelers are in and they are both out. That would be hilarious.
      Just having the Steelers out is pretty funny
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        Browns now looking at McCarthy (formerly of the Pack). Oh, those Browns.
        I'm curious how much of McCarthy's stagnation was on him or on the organization, and allowing their QB too much power. When he entered his era as a head coach he was considered an offensive genius, but little innovation seems to have continued. Did he create his own prison in developing Rodgers into the player he's become? Perhaps it's better for a coach to have a top 10 QB, but not a top 3 QB. That would allow him the ability to really open up an offense, and not restrict him with strict deference to what the QB is willing to do.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Black Monday underway. Getting the ax so far

Joseph- Broncos
          Lewis- Bengals
          Koetter-Bucs
          Bowles-Jets
          Gase- Dolphins
          Wilks- Cardinals

Cleveland and Green Bay were already open
          Last edited by bronconick; 12-31-2018, 09:32 AM.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            I'm curious how much of McCarthy's stagnation was on him or on the organization, and allowing their QB too much power. When he entered his era as a head coach he was considered an offensive genius, but little innovation seems to have continued. Did he create his own prison in developing Rodgers into the player he's become? Perhaps it's better for a coach to have a top 10 QB, but not a top 3 QB. That would allow him the ability to really open up an offense, and not restrict him with strict deference to what the QB is willing to do.
            If he goes to the Browns, he’ll certainly benefit from leaving a team with a quarterback with a super-sized ego to move to a team with a quarterback without one.

Oh, wait.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Interesting note that I just saw, the six highest paid quarterbacks all missed the playoffs: Rodgers ($33.5m), Ryan ($30m), Cousins ($28m), Garropolo ($27.5m), Stafford ($27m), and Carr ($25m).
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                Interesting note that I just saw, the six highest paid quarterbacks all missed the playoffs: Rodgers ($33.5m), Ryan ($30m), Cousins ($28m), Garropolo ($27.5m), Stafford ($27m), and Carr ($25m).
                Interesting. Wonder what the results are based on teams' total defensive salaries.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  To be fair, take a look at how many draft picks from 3, 4 and 5 years ago are no longer on the team. That's problem number 1. Problem number 2 was that McCarthy didn't scheme, or call games, well enough to overcome that.

Comment

Defensive *players* are a mixed bag of success and are almost all on the defensive line
                    1. Mack (CHI)
                    2. Donald (LAR)
                    3. Von Miller (DEN)
                    4. DeMarcus Lawrence (DAL), Ziggy Ansah (DET)
                    6. Fletcher Cox (PHI)
                    7. Oliver Vernon (NYG)
                    8. Justin Houston (KC)
                    9. JJ Watt (HOU)
                    10. Chandler Jones (ARZ)

https://overthecap.com/
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Green Bay asks to interview Josh McDaniels. Might want to avoid that sh*t show.
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        I believe only Cousins had a winning record...
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

And Cousins needs an O-line. I can't speak for the others. What good is a >=$25MM QB if you're not protecting him and giving him a chance to actually do his job? Outside of Mahommes and Wilson, there aren't many QBs who are as good or better while scrambling than they are in the pocket.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Mike Mayock is the new Raiders GM. Apparently they didn't learn a ****ed thing from the Matt Millen fiasco.
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

It was awful nice of the Steelers to give Mike Tomlin a lifetime contract after completely underachieving this season and running his two best players (Bell, Brown) out of town! The guy's got more job security than a SCOTUS justice! Nick Saban is on a hotter seat in Alabama than coach Tomlin.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                It was awful nice of the Steelers to give Mike Tomlin a lifetime contract after completely underachieving this season and running his two best players (Bell, Brown) out of town! The guy's got more job security than a SCOTUS justice! Nick Saban is on a hotter seat in Alabama than coach Tomlin.
                                One of the pro Pittsburgh teams decided that canning coaches rather than generational talent was the better route and it paid off. It'd be a big mistake to do the opposite here.

Comment

Working...
                                X