Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2018-19: Let's Be Honest, Jerrah is the Real Commissioner.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2018-19: Let's Be Honest, Jerrah is the Real Commissioner.

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I know that Vegas took that into account. You had a team that won what, 13 games in the regular season last year, went to the NFC Championship game, then signed what many considered to be the top free agent QB out there, yet Vegas had them at maybe 10.5 wins for the season, iirc? I think a lot of fans understood that too.

But they have significantly underperformed. I think Keenum was a little more mobile and that masked some problems with pass protection last year.

If I were an NFL general manager, and certainly no one would ever entrust that job to me, every single first round pick I made, and a sizable number of second round picks I made, would be either offensive or defensive linemen. It continues to be a game of controlling the line of scrimmage, and I don't think that will ever change.
    Especially with the offensive rules as they are....and continuing to evolve to a pure offensive game. The war is won within the trenches. For years, Miami post-Marino didn't have a run game. Wasn't necessarily due to the actual RB...the linemen and the scheme weren't able to execute a run-block scheme. They spent a decade+ just pass-blocking.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

LA teams have two of the best records, Bay Area teams have two of the worst.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
        LA teams have two of the best records, Bay Area teams have two of the worst.
        A good point was made, this season there’s a realistic chance LA hosts the AFC and NFC Title games — apparently if this were to happen in the future, when these two teams are sharing a stadium, one game would be played Sunday if conference championship weekend, the other on the Monday after.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
          A good point was made, this season there’s a realistic chance LA hosts the AFC and NFC Title games — apparently if this were to happen in the future, when these two teams are sharing a stadium, one game would be played Sunday if conference championship weekend, the other on the Monday after.
          Not Saturday/Sunday?

It could also happen one day in New York (ROTFL).
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Not Saturday/Sunday?

It could also happen one day in New York (ROTFL).
            Correct — I presume with the week off after the games and before the Super Bowl, they’d rather give one set of teams an extra day of rest rather than have them play on a short week.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

That’s the worst solution, so naturally the nfl chose it.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                That’s the worst solution, so naturally the nfl chose it.
                Ratings on Monday might beat out Saturday... It's not as cut and dry as it may seem...
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                  The Vikings offense is godawful.
                  9 sacks on Tannehill today. Then again it is Miami.
                  Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                    9 sacks on Tannehill today. Then again it is Miami.
                    The Vikes' offense got nine sacks? That's impressive.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Timw to press the panic button in New England?
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Timw to press the panic button in New England?
                        Why would they? 4th best record in the AFC, +64 pt differential, leading the division, losing to PIT isn't exactly embarrassing, especially on the road. Undefeated at home, also.

Comment

PHI not dead yet. What a crazy ending to that game. Prob should have been a PI on that last play, but man....PHI could still do this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            Why would they? 4th best record in the AFC, +64 pt differential, leading the division, losing to PIT isn't exactly embarrassing, especially on the road. Undefeated at home, also.
                            Panic button might be on the Rams, where Goff has been trash for three weeks running.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              Panic button might be on the Rams, where Goff has been trash for three weeks running.
                              Mayyyyyyyyybe. They still almost won tonight against a PHI team that is indeed better than their record suggests.

Comment

The Redskins facebook page wants me to know the franchise has 600 wins. That's roughly 10 wins per something horrible happening to a QB's legs.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X