Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2018-19: Let's Be Honest, Jerrah is the Real Commissioner.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2018-19: Let's Be Honest, Jerrah is the Real Commissioner.

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Whether it is or not a previous poster claimed Brady had better scoring defenses than Manning. I proved Manning had plenty of years with a defense rated just as highly yet did far less with them. Brady produces when it counts and the rest of your typical bs analysis you cite demonstrates you don't have a clue.
    I'm not sure I got the scoring defense point either. I don't recall the Pats having a really good D beyond their 3rd SB win. Once Law, Seymour, McGinnest, etc left and Rodney Harrison started getting injured there were less playmakers back there and the offense carried the team.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Brady produces when it counts more than anyone else your slide ruler notwithstanding.
      except for those 3 losses

if (never happen, but) the rams win, doesn't brady then hold (tie) the record for most SB losses?!?!?!?!?! [inshalla]
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        except for those 3 losses

if (never happen, but) the rams win, doesn't brady then hold (tie) the record for most SB losses?!?!?!?!?! [inshalla]
        Vikings lose again??

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Didn't Manning basically call his own plays, so if the offense crapped out it was his fault?
          He didn't create all the plays so no...

If Peyton worked with a better offensive minded coach like Sean Payton who has far more route combinations and innovation in his offense that would've been a site to behold. Tony Dungy's was incredibly simplistic and he even admitted as much in interviews.
          Last edited by trixR4kids; 01-23-2019, 11:16 AM.

Comment

I think we can all agree that Brady/Belichik is the greatest QB/Coach combo ever, all I was trying to say is that Belichik > Brady (as in more important to the success)
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post

If Peyton worked with a better offensive minded coach like Sean Payton who has far more route combinations and innovation in his offense that would've been a site to behold. Tony Dungy's was incredibly simplistic and he even admitted as much in interviews.
              terry bradshaw called all the plays

Comment

terry bradshaw called all the plays
                "They named a whole state to honor Joe Montana. Well, a town in Massachusetts changed its name to honor Terry Bradshaw. Marblehead." -- Howie Long
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post

Maybe it was simplistic so yokel Peyton could understand it?
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Yeah that must be it

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      "They named a whole state to honor Joe Montana. Well, a town in Massachusetts changed its name to honor Terry Bradshaw. Marblehead." -- Howie Long
                      If 100 people were polled, 102 would choose to live in Marblehead.

Comment

If 100 people were polled, 102 would choose to live in Marblehead.
                        I personally think Terry Bradshaw is one of the most underrated QBs in NFL history...the guy won 4 Super Bowls and it seems like most of the credit goes to the coach, defense and his receivers...not him.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          I personally think Terry Bradshaw is one of the most underrated QBs in NFL history...the guy won 4 Super Bowls and it seems like most of the credit goes to the coach, defense and his receivers...not him.
                          Its not just that he won 4, its that he had to go through that insanely good Cowboys team to win two of them. To me Bradshaw was the ultimate do what the team needs me to do QB. If handing off to Franco Harris got the job done and the D locked down the opponent, so be it. But if the D was struggling and he had to put up points he could. I'd also point out to even get to the SB Bradshaw had to go through the Miami's and Oakland's of the 70's who were both multiple SB winners just like the Cowboys were.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Its not just that he won 4, its that he had to go through that insanely good Cowboys team to win two of them. To me Bradshaw was the ultimate do what the team needs me to do QB. If handing off to Franco Harris got the job done and the D locked down the opponent, so be it. But if the D was struggling and he had to put up points he could. I'd also point out to even get to the SB Bradshaw had to go through the Miami's and Oakland's of the 70's who were both multiple SB winners just like the Cowboys were.
                            Not the Dolphins -- the only Steelers win over the Dolphins in a playoff game was in 79 against a Dolphins squad unrelated to their title teams. But Oakland, absolutely!

Here are the Steelers' playoff games during the 70s . The caliber of competition (RS record) is very high:

72 D W-Oak (10-3-1)
                            72 C L-Mia (14-0)
                            73 D L-Oak (9-4-1)
                            74 D W-Buf (9-5)
                            74 C W-Oak (12-2)
                            74 S W-Min (10-4)
                            75 D W-Bal (10-4)
                            75 C W-Oak (11-3)
                            75 S W-Dal (10-4)
                            76 D W-Bal (11-3)
                            76 C L-Oak (13-1)
                            77 D L-Den (12-2)
                            78 D W-Den (10-6)
                            78 C W-Hou (10-6)
                            78 S W-Dal (12-4)
                            79 D W-Mia (10-6)
                            79 C W-Hou (11-5)
                            79 S W-LA (9-7)
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              I don't hate, slight, or not respect Brady one bit. Top 5 all time without question. Can get a little muddled from there, as are all top 5 lists. For direct comparison, I'd still take Peyton over Brady.
                              You say you don't slight or disrespect Brady, yet you can only deign to put him in your Top 5? Rube, he CANNOT be out of the top 3 in any rational discussion. Brady, Montana and Peyton, and for me the order I presented is correct.
                              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                                You say you don't slight or disrespect Brady, yet you can only deign to put him in your Top 5? Rube, he CANNOT be out of the top 3 in any rational discussion. Brady, Montana and Peyton, and for me the order I presented is correct.
                                I dont think it's hearsay to have Brady at 4, if you prefer Montana, Unitas, and Manning.

I'd have difficulty arguing anyone else.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X