Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2018-19: Let's Be Honest, Jerrah is the Real Commissioner.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2018-19: Let's Be Honest, Jerrah is the Real Commissioner.

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    I struggle with this logic, though. Defense and special teams are vitally important in football, and without them, it’s extremely difficult to win at a high level.

I think this is part of where Shirtless’ point comes into play —Belichek and his ability to coach and assemble the other pieces so consistently well has helped Brady maximize his ability, and they’re both GOATs because of it.
    And yet I revert back to the claim Brady only won SB with top rated defenses yet Manning's teams s**t the bed 5 times in the playoffs when also having top rated defenses.

Comment

It's pretty funny to see people twist themselves so much, trying to take down the quarterback who has been to the most SB's and that has won the most SBs.

And I think most of that is because they are in the SB so much. Face it.

As of the game next week, Tom Brady will have started more SB's than any other team has even been there- 9 for Brady, 8 for the Steelers.

And as of now, Tom has 5 WINS vs. the Steelers 6. One QB's era vs. an entire team.

Technically, Rogers may be a better thrower. Technically. Big deal.

And so what if Belechek is a huge part of the reason. Had Bradshaw not had Chuck Knoll, or Montana Bill Walsh- where would they be? Everyone benefits by a system that fits REALLY well.

And I don't get why Manning is even brought up...

As a Lions fan, I certainly don't like seeing the Pats constantly winning, too. And I have zero empathy to any other fan who thinks they should be in SB's more often when they've been there before. I can't stand any NE based fan- their BS over the Sox when the Cubs issues had been longer and far worse killed me. They are the whiniest set of fans in the US.

But I can't come up with any realistic alternative to Tom Brady as the best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        It's pretty funny to see people twist themselves so much, trying to take down the quarterback who has been to the most SB's and that has won the most SBs.

As of the game next week, Tom Brady will have started more SB's than any other team has even been there- 9 for Brady, 8 for the Steelers.

And as of now, Tom has 5 WINS vs. the Steelers 6. One QB's era vs. an entire team.

And so what if Belechek is a huge part of the reason. Had Bradshaw not had Chuck Knoll, or Montana Bill Walsh- where would they be? Everyone benefits by a system that fits REALLY well.

As a Lions fan, I certainly don't like seeing the Pats constantly winning, too. And I have zero empathy to any other fan who thinks they should be in SB's more often when they've been there before. I can't stand any NE based fan- their BS over the Sox when the Cubs issues had been longer and far worse killed me. They are the whiniest set of fans in the US.

But I can't come up with any realistic alternative to Tom Brady as the best ever.
        There is no denying that Tom Brady is the GOAT. I never meant to deny that directly. You're correct that all great QBs have benefited from great coaches. I think thats all the more reason to look at Rodgers and celebrate him because I just don't think McCarthy was that great. He hung onto Dom Capers way too long and I'm convinced that cost him more super bowl chances.

Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever because of what he's done in season and in the post season. I guess my biggest point in stirring this up is that the distance between Belichick and #2 is far greater than Brady and #2. There is no debating that Belichick is the greatest NFL coach in the history of the game.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          There is no denying that Tom Brady is the GOAT. I never meant to deny that directly. You're correct that all great QBs have benefited from great coaches. I think thats all the more reason to look at Rodgers and celebrate him because I just don't think McCarthy was that great. He hung onto Dom Capers way too long and I'm convinced that cost him more super bowl chances.

Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever because of what he's done in season and in the post season. I guess my biggest point in stirring this up is that the distance between Belichick and #2 is far greater than Brady and #2. There is no debating that Belichick is the greatest NFL coach in the history of the game.
          Chuck Noll? Tom Landry?

Not sure the distance there is quite so great either
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

If you were starting a team and could take any quarterback and get their 10 best years, who ya got?

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
              If you were starting a team and could take any quarterback and get their 10 best years, who ya got?
              Otto Graham. 7 championships in 10 years. The other 3 he was runner-up. Fight me.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                Not withstanding Brady and his accomplishments, but in this day and age where you get PI and roughing the passer calls for just being touched, Marino.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Part of Rogers issue is that he's out there getting elite QB money, while Brady took a contract that was big, but not so big as to hinder the team's ability to bring in other talent. There's a lot about Brady that annoys me, but he's willing to do both on the field and off the field to make his team into the league champion.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I'd take my favorite QBs over the statistically superior ones if im starting my own team.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                      Dan Marino.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Otto Graham. 7 championships in 10 years. The other 3 he was runner-up. Fight me.
                        Fight is on. I'll put my GOAT, Ali, up against your GOAT, . . . Dempsey? Louis? Wepner?

GOATS fighting about GOATS.

Comment

Marino finished with a career Pass PCT of 59%. Montana who started 4 years earlier (therefore playing in the same era when defenses could play nearly unbridled) finished at 63% and had better TD% and Int%. Marino had arguably as good of receivers to throw to as Joe (Duper, Fryer, Clayton) but Marino never had anyone as good as Roger Craig.

That said Montana crushes Marino individually in the playoffs on all QB metrics. True his teams won more because they had better defenses by far, but Montana was sacked 46 times in 23 playoff games Marino 22 times in 18 games so who played behind the better OL?

For me it's a tossup if those are the choices.

Comment

Its always interesting comparing the old timers to current players. If anybody had the chance to watch Graham or Unitas in their prime, and think they're the best ever, I can respect that. Its sorta like the Gordie Howe vs Wayne Gretzky debate. If you had the pleasure of watching Howe over his whole career and think he's the best I won't argue with you because I only saw him play for one year for Hartford when he was like 60 (52 actually and I think he still popped in like 15-20 goals that season ).
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              I'd take my favorite QBs over the statistically superior ones if im starting my own team.
                              Jim Zorn FTW.

I mean, does anybody really want OJ in his backfield?
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                                Jeff George.

(Basically Rodgers without the supporting cast)
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X