Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2018-19: Let's Be Honest, Jerrah is the Real Commissioner.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2018-19: Let's Be Honest, Jerrah is the Real Commissioner.

Fox, Dungy, and Caldwell vs Bill Belichick...

Comment

The pair of Brady/Belichik has been amazing but the point remains that I do think any number of quarterbacks put in that situation would have performed similarly for Belichik. We also can't forget that crap hole that is the AFC East helping them be able to get home field so often. Much like San Francisco back in the 80/90s playing in the dismal NFC West, if your division sucks, it really helps you get a leg up on the competition for home field.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        stillers shoulda hired bill after he failed in clewetown. stillers would have 12 SB today
        We should all think of it this way. It coulda been the Cowboys.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Packers escape another year of the International Series. Only NFL team never to play in one.
          I believe the Carolina Panthers are the other team who hasn’t, until 2019, correct?

The Packers won’t ever give up a home game to go internationally, and with Green Bay and how small the community is, losing the revenue a home game provides in that market would be sizable.

On the flip side, other teams want their home game vs. Green Bay at home — premium ticket prices, fans traveling to see them, etc.
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
            I believe the Carolina Panthers are the other team who hasn’t, until 2019, correct?

The Packers won’t ever give up a home game to go internationally, and with Green Bay and how small the community is, losing the revenue a home game provides in that market would be sizable.

On the flip side, other teams want their home game vs. Green Bay at home — premium ticket prices, fans traveling to see them, etc.
            all the more reason for the NFL to expand the schedule to 17 games and have everyone play 1 game somewhere neutral...
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              I hate Brady. I loathe the Patriots. I despise Belichick. I would happily sign the order to obliterate Massachusetts and all its inhabitants.

But this is insane. You can't compare a reality to a theoretical in this way. Hateful, loathsome, despicable Brady DID all these things. With everybody else it is "What if Eleanor Roosevelt could fly?"

Brady, the Pats, Bill, and the entire Commonwealth of Massachusetts suck harder than a Dorchester high schooler when the New York Rangers are in town, but that QB, dynasty, and coach are the GOAT without peer.

The execrable bandwagon fanbase is lower than South Philly filth, if that's any consolation.
              I’m not trying to argue that Brady or Bill aren’t the GOAT— the sustained success they’ve had is truly incredible — especially in a league built for parity. I don’t think it’s crazy to think about what ifs — as long as you realize they aren’t reality.

For example, Aaron Rodgers can make every throw that Tom Brady can make — Tom can’t do the same with Aaron.

We will never know if Aaron Rodgers would’ve been worse, the same, or better than Tom Brady in Bill’s system and with his coaching. Even with Aaron Rodgers it would be incredible to accomplish all that they have already.

I’d love to see it though — a QB that is more gifted than the one whose had the greatest career for any QB ever, playing under the greatest coach in NFL history? Yes please.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                all the more reason for the NFL to expand the schedule to 17 games and have everyone play 1 game somewhere neutral...
                Lol, no.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  Lol, no.
                  Well I think its better for everyone than having these home games played internationally...cities shouldn't be asked to pay all this money to build stadiums for teams only to have home games removed from those stadiums...it makes a ton more sense than going to 18...

Comment

The last thing the NFL needs to do is add more games to the schedule.

Comment

I understand that but there is always a push for that...

Comment

Remove a pre-season game and add the 1 international game. That's about the only thing they can do, otherwise it's a real and tangible benefit for the Packers. Ask any player who has a "home" game in London, it sure doesn't feel like a home game to them.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          I’m not trying to argue that Brady or Bill aren’t the GOAT— the sustained success they’ve had is truly incredible — especially in a league built for parity. I don’t think it’s crazy to think about what ifs — as long as you realize they aren’t reality.

For example, Aaron Rodgers can make every throw that Tom Brady can make — Tom can’t do the same with Aaron.

We will never know if Aaron Rodgers would’ve been worse, the same, or better than Tom Brady in Bill’s system and with his coaching. Even with Aaron Rodgers it would be incredible to accomplish all that they have already.

I’d love to see it though — a QB that is more gifted than the one whose had the greatest career for any QB ever, playing under the greatest coach in NFL history? Yes please.
                          But it's not just about throwing the ball. Brady is really good that making changes at the line of scrimmage so that he doesn't *have* to make the odd throws that Rogers or Mahomes are really good at making.

As Tom is getting older, you can see he's not on target as he used to be. But he's really good at changing the play so that his capabilities are well dealt with.

And that's a very, very big deal.

If Mahomes can do that, he's be quickly in the HOF after he retires.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post

But it's not just Brady's arm. It's his mind, how he knows the game, it's his ability to be calm and make plays in pressure situations, it's his intangibles as a leader.

Sure, there's lots of guys who can make the throws Brady makes. But can they make them to the right guy, at the right time? Can they make them when the game's on the line? Can they make them when they're down with less than two minutes left?

Brady's a one of a kind in that department. The game's best clutch quarterback.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              But it's not just Brady's arm. It's his mind, how he knows the game, it's his ability to be calm and make plays in pressure situations, it's his intangibles as a leader.

Sure, there's lots of guys who can make the throws Brady makes. But can they make them to the right guy, at the right time? Can they make them when the game's on the line? Can they make them when they're down with less than two minutes left?

Brady's a one of a kind in that department. The game's best clutch quarterback.
                              Pump the brakes. Romo was, from the booth, able to predict nearly every move that Brady made in those last drives.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Pump the brakes. Romo was, from the booth, able to predict nearly every move that Brady made in those last drives.
                                Yeah, Romo has really proven himself in the booth.

Comment

Working...
                                X