Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2018-19: Let's Be Honest, Jerrah is the Real Commissioner.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Pump the brakes. Romo was, from the booth, able to predict nearly every move that Brady made in those last drives.
    Sure. Romo knows what to do from the calm and security of the broadcast booth. With his Diet Coke and nachos, and extensive notes of the two teams' tendencies at hand.

But, could he make those same reads under center? Could he then execute them?

His record would indicate no. At least, nowhere near as well as Brady.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Re: NFL 2018-19: Let's Be Honest, Jerrah is the Real Commissioner.

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Pump the brakes. Romo was, from the booth, able to predict nearly every move that Brady made in those last drives.
      No, Romo saw Brady change the play, and THEN identified why based on the coverage. If Romo was that good, he'd still be playing- since any old joe can make those throws.

Instead, his time as a starting QB has been bracketed by NE and Brady going to a SB in 2001, 2003, and 2004 and so far them going back in 2018 and 2019. So....

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        At least, nowhere near as well as Brady.
        99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of earth's historic population is quite a high bar to set
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          No, Romo saw Brady change the play, and THEN identified why based on the coverage. If Romo was that good, he'd still be playing- since any old joe can make those throws.

Instead, his time as a starting QB has been bracketed by NE and Brady going to a SB in 2001, 2003, and 2004 and so far them going back in 2018 and 2019. So....
          To be fair, Romo said that Brady would QBsneak, or if he saw it wasn't there, change the play to a run off tackle. Exactly what happened.

He also said the Pats needed to spread Gronk out wide, and then hit him on the sideline, or Edelman over the middle, which the Pats then proceeded to do.

Of course, info gleaned from a season of doing their games, and his research notes for the week.

But as I said, big difference between knowing what to do, and recognizing it from the booth, and knowing what to do and then recognizing it on the field, in pressure situations And then making it happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of earth's historic population is quite a high bar to set
            goat

Comment

Romo will be offered a head coach job in the next few years. (edit)
              Last edited by bronconick; 01-22-2019, 01:19 PM.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                Romo will be offered a head coach job in the next few years. (edit)
                he gets to play golf now, plus the pay prolly aint all that bad.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  The pair of Brady/Belichik has been amazing but the point remains that I do think any number of quarterbacks put in that situation would have performed similarly for Belichik.
                  But you don't really have anything to base this claim upon. Someone stated previously Brady only won with a Top 8 defense which was countered by citing 5 seasons in which IND stumbled despite Manning have a Top 8 defense those 5 years and arguably far more skill at WR and RB than Brady typically ever had. Regardless of BB's obvious contributions I don't think there are but a handful of QBs that would have had the same success as Brady including Favre and Rogers. He might not have been the most talented QB but he got it done when it mattered most.
                  Last edited by Slap Shot; 01-22-2019, 01:45 PM.

Comment

You can have all the offensive talent in the world and not come close to a BB lead offense with a bunch of mediocre coaches leading the way. Hell look at the difference between the 2016 Rams under Fisher compared to what they did a year later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Yeah, Romo is actually really good. He’s won more playoff games from the booth than he did his entire playing career
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
                        Yeah, Romo is actually really good. He’s won more playoff games from the booth than he did his entire playing career
                        He’s finally making his first Super Bowl appearance in a couple weeks...
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Are people seriously out here still trying to pimp Aaron Rodgers as one of the all time greats? Yikes. The dude's not even top 10.

I'm a lot less of a Brady fanboy than most people around here due to his need to throw dumbfuk picks in big situations (INT vs Seattle in EZ, Pick 6 vs ATL, INT vs KC in EZ, etc). But really, the only other guy in the conversation is Montana (0 INTs' in SB, one game winning SB drive). That all went away when Brady destroyed the Legion of Boom with two stellar drives and TD's in the 4th quarter after being down by 10. Montana got to play the shi tty Bengals twice (does anybody even remember that Cincy made two SB's), a decent Miami team once that never made another SB, and maybe perennial (at the time) SB chokers Denver I think. That's not Montana's fault as he doesn't pick the opponent, but Brady had to go through two recent champions (Rams, Seahawks) to win his titles. Then he tacked on another one. Nobody throws darts on 3rd and long like Brady. Doesn't matter who the receiver is. Its amazing to see, and just look at the KC game for proof
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Are people seriously out here still trying to pimp Aaron Rodgers as one of the all time greats? Yikes. The dude's not even top 10.

I'm a lot less of a Brady fanboy than most people around here due to his need to throw dumbfuk picks in big situations (INT vs Seattle in EZ, Pick 6 vs ATL, INT vs KC in EZ, etc). But really, the only other guy in the conversation is Montana (0 INTs' in SB, one game winning SB drive). That all went away when Brady destroyed the Legion of Boom with two stellar drives and TD's in the 4th quarter after being down by 10. Montana got to play the shi tty Bengals twice (does anybody even remember that Cincy made two SB's), a decent Miami team once that never made another SB, and maybe perennial (at the time) SB chokers Denver I think. That's not Montana's fault as he doesn't pick the opponent, but Brady had to go through two recent champions (Rams, Seahawks) to win his titles. Then he tacked on another one. Nobody throws darts on 3rd and long like Brady. Doesn't matter who the receiver is. Its amazing to see, and just look at the KC game for proof
                            Steve Young?
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

Brady has destroyed everyone at this point. No one else is in the conversation.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post

I don’t think anyone here is disputing Brady as the GOAT.

I think you’re nuts saying Rodgers isn’t a top 10 all time QB, but curious as to why you believe that, as you’re one of few I’ve heard with that take.
                                Last edited by MavHockey14; 01-22-2019, 02:50 PM.
                                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                                X