Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2018-19: Let's Be Honest, Jerrah is the Real Commissioner.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2018-19: Let's Be Honest, Jerrah is the Real Commissioner.

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    It's not our fault you let the North Stars go. One of your teams have won a championship- just not when they were there anymore.
    One?

Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      One?

Good call.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        It's not our fault you let the North Stars go. One of your teams have won a championship- just not when they were there anymore.

Still- trying to feel so bad about SB losses- again, I don't even know what it feels like to even be there.
        If you'll notice you have to be pretty old to have seen a Vikings Super Bowl loss. They progressed from losing Super Bowls to losing the game to get into a Super Bowl. I supported the North Stars with ticket money the last two years they were here it wasn't my fault they left.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          If you'll notice you have to be pretty old to have seen a Vikings Super Bowl loss. They progressed from losing Super Bowls to losing the game to get into a Super Bowl. I supported the North Stars with ticket money the last two years they were here it wasn't my fault they left.
          That's a good point. What did they lose, like 4 out of the 1st 8 Superbowls or something like that? I don't ever remember them playing in one.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            That's a good point. What did they lose, like 4 out of the 1st 8 Superbowls or something like that? I don't ever remember them playing in one.
            Super Bowl, 4, 8, 9, and 11 they lost. I was old enough to see the last 3.
            Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 01-25-2019, 12:11 PM.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Super Bowl, 4, 8, 9, and 11 they lost.
              They were dam good during the 70s, winning their division something like 11 out of 12 years during that time. They won a lot of playoff games too, just couldn't win the big one. Vikings fans from North Dakota think Hakstol on a big stage.

Comment

Well, if you want all the playoff games listed that they lost Slap Shot is going to be busy for a while.
                Some playoff games hurt less than others if I expected the result. All the games I listed they had a legit fighting chance before the first snap. I didn't even include the NFCCG loss to PHI.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Some playoff games hurt less than others if I expected the result. All the games I listed they had a legit fighting chance before the first snap. I didn't even include the NFCCG loss to PHI.
                  I know that one hurt being that close to being the first "home" team in a super bowl
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                    Katrina was in 2005. How did that effect things in 2009?
                    Feel good story for the fans of N.O. at the expense of the Vikings who got completely screwed on so many calls that game.

And before Handy freaks out here yes the Vikings effed themselves in that game with T.O.s (5?) and the stupid 12 men in the huddle penalty that cost them a chance at a GWFG.

Comment

If you'll notice you have to be pretty old to have seen a Vikings Super Bowl loss.
                      If you're my age (55) you will forever think of the Vikings as a temporarily embarrassed powerhouse.

The way NFL teams are when you are age 9-11 locks into your brain as a baseline.

"Naturally" excellent: Miami, Pittsburgh, Oakland, Dallas, Minnesota, Washington, Los Angeles
                      "Naturally" terrible: New England, Atlanta, New Orleans, Detroit, Chicago, both New York teams

Likewise, in MLB:

"Naturally" excellent: Cincinnati, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, Oakland, Baltimore
                      "Naturally" terrible: the Yankees, Cleveland, Montreal, both Chicago teams
                      Last edited by Kepler; 01-25-2019, 12:50 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If you're my age (55) you will forever think of the Vikings as a temporarily embarrassed powerhouse.

The way NFL teams are when you are age 9-11 locks into your brain as a baseline.

"Naturally" excellent: Miami, Pittsburgh, Oakland, Dallas, Minnesota, Washington, Los Angeles
                        "Naturally" terrible: New England, Atlanta, New Orleans, Detroit, Chicago, both New York teams

Likewise, in MLB:

I hate to bring this up, as I loath the yankees, but they did win a WS in '77 and '78. Thankfully a year after getting swept by my Reds in '76. But I don't think I would put them on the terrible list. And if your age limit moves up just a little, you can add the short span of the Mets of being excellent.

Your NFL list jives with my memory quite well.

For the NHL- just have the Canadians, and that would pretty much be enough (6/10). with the broad street bullies and Bruins put in a place and show.

Comment

Likewise, in MLB:

Those Cincinatti MLB Clubs when I was a kid were monsters. I find it weird that you list the Yankees as terrible cause they were good too when I was young. Reggie Jackson, Willie Randolph, Catfish Hunter, etc.

Comment

Those Cincinatti MLB Clubs when I was a kid were monsters. I find it weird that you list the Yankees as terrible cause they were good too when I was young. Reggie Jackson, Willie Randolph, Catfish Hunter, etc.
                            That was just after. For me the formative years are 71-73, when Catfish and Reggie are A's. The Yankees finished 4th every year. I guess they weren't awful, but somehow I remember guys like Celerino Sanchez and Horace Clark... woof.
                            Cornell University

Comment

That was just after. For me the formative years are 71-73. The Yankees finished 4th every year. I guess they weren't awful, but somehow I remember guys like Celerino Sanchez and Horace Clark as woof.
                              Makes sense. You're apparently 5 years ahead of me.

Comment

Mookie can only guess some red haired Irish girl kep had a crush on said Bobby Mercer was her favorite ball player, so kep tags them as losers
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X