Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I'd think a one loss OSU is still in the playoff. The committee will let you in with one loss over two loss teams as we've seen.

So, going with the two loss elimination, that means the Pac 12 is out (unless Wazzou somehow runs the table). If Bama runs the table they knock out Georgia, LSU, UF, and Kentucky, and OU/Texas/WVU will beat up each other possibly ending up with all three having two losses.

That would leave us with the following 0 or 1 loss teams:
    Bama
    Clemson
    ND
    OSU
    UCF
    Big XII Champ - possibly

They'll probably beat out UCF, and depending on the Big XII champ it comes down to SOS and a worse loss between Purdue, Maryland, Iowa State, or Texas.
    While extremely unlikely, I think a 12-1 (B1G Champ) Iowa team would make the playoff.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Re: College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team

MSU now 5-3. With Rutgers still on the schedule, I'm gonna say we're bowl eligible.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Re: College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        MSU now 5-3. With Rutgers still on the schedule, I'm gonna say we're bowl eligible.
        And NW has really messed with Wisco winning the West.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          And NW has really messed with Wisco winning the West.
          If PSU wins today, NW is all alone in the West. Tricky schedule remaining for the Wildcats, though.

ND at home next week, so they'll be up for that. Then on the road at Kinnick, then a Minnesota team that can be fluky, and a rivalry game against Illinois.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Iowa has 14 points on a field goal, a TD pass thrown by a defensive lineman, and two safeties.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              Iowa has 14 points on a field goal, a TD pass thrown by a defensive lineman, and two safeties.
              They also missed a super easy TD from an amazing fake by the QB. That was a very winnable game by them.

Comment

Kansas recovers TCU butt fumble to preserve 7th win in last 59 games.

https://twitter.com/max_olson/status...09909116084224
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  They also missed a super easy TD from an amazing fake by the QB. That was a very winnable game by them.
                  The two biggest games of the season, both riddled with self inflicted wounds. Very frustrating.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Durkin back at Maryland. School president will leave after this year, apparently due to the decision. Board wanted Durkin back, President didn’t, ultimatum ensued.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Durkin back at Maryland. School president will leave after this year, apparently due to the decision. Board wanted Durkin back, President didn’t, ultimatum ensued.
                      Wow

Comment

Apparently at least three players walked out of a meeting he held after his reinstatement. This is going to get worse.
                        Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 10-30-2018, 07:36 PM.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Board wanted Durkin back, President didn’t, ultimatum ensued.
                          Well of course football takes precedence at a legendary powerhouse like Maryland.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Well of course football takes precedence at a legendary powerhouse like Maryland.
                            Maryland has joined the fraternity of big time college athletics. The tail wags the dog (dawg?).
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Here's a good read from the Washington Post about it...
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Stuff like this is why I can barely stand watching sports anymore. The amount of corruption is just ridiculous.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X