Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team

Purdue currently leading OSU 7-3 in the second quarter and driving...

Wazzu all over Oregon and Justin Herbert early too.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Re: College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      Purdue currently leading OSU 7-3 in the second quarter and driving...

Wazzu all over Oregon and Justin Herbert early too.
      14-3 Purdue at half.

Wazzou and Stanford are the two Pac-12 North teams that control their own destiny (assuming current results hold), and they meet next Saturday. Should be a good one.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
        14-3 Purdue at half.

Wazzou and Stanford are the two Pac-12 North teams that control their own destiny (assuming current results hold), and they meet next Saturday. Should be a good one.
        Definitely.

Let down spot for Wazzu..

I know Haskins is good, but I will never understand how Urban forgets he has a running game and stud RBs so easily. Just amazing. Every game they struggle in like this, they barely rush the ball.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
          Definitely.

Let down spot for Wazzu..
          "Coug"-ing it does exist for a reason...

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              14-3 Purdue at half.

Wow did OSU really mail it in at the end. With ~2min left, it's 49-20, Purdue. The Boilers basically granted a wish of a dying fan. In a way he could not have dreamed of.

Holy cow.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                Wow did OSU really mail it in at the end. With ~2min left, it's 49-20, Purdue. The Boilers basically granted a wish of a dying fan. In a way he could not have dreamed of.

Holy cow.
                While it wasn't a safety...OSU would have deserved that result on that kickoff. Definition of a lack of effort.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I can't be the only one who finds is amusing that the #1 takeaway from the post game pressers between Dantonio and Harbaugh is the pregame incident.

Both teams acted like children. It's just that State let it hang over them for the rest of the game. If not for a turnover inside the 10, it's unlikely that they would have scored at all- and seeing what they did against Pedo state last week, that has to be of major concern. More than the pregame stuff.

And while Michigan did win, it's not as if they don't also have some major concerns to fix.

BTW, at this point, if Michigan does not win the B1G, I'm not sure any one else has shown enough game to go to the playoff. That loss to Purdue really should take OSU out of the discussion even if they run the table- this weakness has been showing without a loss for a few weeks. And at this point, I still don't really see Michigan running the table. Which is to say- I don't really think the B1G has earned a playoff spot this season (so far). Kinda sucks, but it's not been a great season.

Comment

I'd think a one loss OSU is still in the playoff. The committee will let you in with one loss over two loss teams as we've seen.

So, going with the two loss elimination, that means the Pac 12 is out (unless Wazzou somehow runs the table). If Bama runs the table they knock out Georgia, LSU, UF, and Kentucky, and OU/Texas/WVU will beat up each other possibly ending up with all three having two losses.

That would leave us with the following 0 or 1 loss teams:
                    Bama
                    Clemson
                    ND
                    OSU
                    UCF
                    Big XII Champ - possibly

They'll probably beat out UCF, and depending on the Big XII champ it comes down to SOS and a worse loss between Purdue, Maryland, Iowa State, or Texas.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

For most one loss teams, I would agree with you. But that game was pretty bad- OSU pretty much gave up on defense, and if a non power 5 team is ever going to get their change, this loss is the loss they needed. When the offense finally started to move, even being just one dimensional, the D didn't even bother to respond- those long running TD's AND the pass that should have been downed and then turned into a TD were pathetic. IMHO, that performance gave the committee an opening to let UCF have a chance.

Comment

UCF will never get a shot in a 4 team playoff.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          For most one loss teams, I would agree with you. But that game was pretty bad- OSU pretty much gave up on defense, and if a non power 5 team is ever going to get their change, this loss is the loss they needed. When the offense finally started to move, even being just one dimensional, the D didn't even bother to respond- those long running TD's AND the pass that should have been downed and then turned into a TD were pathetic. IMHO, that performance gave the committee an opening to let UCF have a chance.
                          They’d have wins over TCU, PSU, UM, MSU (may or may not be a good win by the end) and either Iowa or Wisconsin if they win out. That should be enough to make up for last night. I mean, there was a lot of talk about them getting in last year with two losses and that Iowa loss was what happened last night.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            UCF will never get a shot in a 4 team playoff.
                            I don't know if I'd say never, but it would take everyone having 2 or 3 losses. They will never make it over a 1 loss Big Ten champion. Especially Ohio St.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

OSU nearly **** the bed against Minnesota too. Unless they run the table in very impressive fashion, they’re out.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                I don't know if I'd say never, but it would take everyone having 2 or 3 losses. They will never make it over a 1 loss Big Ten champion. Especially Ohio St.
                                It's weighted towards the $$$ schools. Always has been, always will be. The biggest reason I'm not more of a college football fan.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X