Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team

Iowa beat Mississippi State with -15 rushing yards.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      Frankly, I am calling the big teams "Chickensh*." You're the best? Prove it. Level playing field, even deals, if you're that good, then no problem then, right? Right?
      My problem with this is that it’s stupid for the school to do that. It follows the same argument why the Big Ten, Pac 12, and Big 12 should be dropping their schedules to 8 conference games instead of playing 9. Early on in the playoff there was all of the talk about tough schedules, best resume, etc. when in reality, it doesn’t matter.

Why add a conference land mine, or an additional non conference land mine, when you can add The Citadel in November and have the same result with a far less chance of losing?
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Re: College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        ND gets beat by double digits. GA gets beat by double digits. (shrug)
        UCF loses by one score: SEE THEY DON'T BELONG!
        Yeah, Good Ol' Boy Network in full effect.
        LSU was the 5th best team in their conference and still had way more depth than UCF.

Frankly, I am calling the big teams "Chickensh*." You're the best? Prove it. Level playing field, even deals, if you're that good, then no problem then, right? Right?
        What scheduling offers by UCF have been refused by the big boys? We already know they turned down the aforementioned 2-for-1 with Florida. As supposedly unfair as it seems if they want to prove themselves to the playoff committee that's one way to start doing it.

Also UCF has the option of finding another conference once the AAC's TV contract expires in 2020.
        Last edited by Slap Shot; 01-03-2019, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          LSU was the 5th best team in their conference and still had way more depth than UCF.

What scheduling offers by UCF have been refused by the big boys? We already know they turned down the aforementioned 2-for-1 with Florida. As supposedly unfair as it seems if they want to prove themselves to the playoff committee that's one way to start doing it.

Also UCF has the option of finding another conference once the AAC's TV contract expires in 2020.
          If you read the article I posted, Florida refused to discuss the 3-game contract (each gets a home game, and then a neutral site game).

And I echo what was said earlier: UCF is a landmine, whether anyone wants to admit it or not. The majority of us are not saying UCF IS DEFINITELY that good, we just want the Good Ol' Boy Network to give them a fair shot to see if they really are.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

If you read the article I posted, Florida refused to discuss the 3-game contract (each gets a home game, and then a neutral site game).

And I echo what was said earlier: UCF is a landmine, whether anyone wants to admit it or not. The majority of us are not saying UCF IS DEFINITELY that good, we just want the Good Ol' Boy Network to give them a fair shot to see if they really are.
            The article I read said just the opposite - that FL offered the 2 for 1 and UCF rejected it which makes way more sense. And again until you have proof they're being rejected opportunities to play it's all bark and no bite. Boise St had no troubles finding bona fide suitors during their 15 minutes of fame I see no reason why UCF can't do the same.

Comment

The article I read said just the opposite - that FL offered the 2 for 1 and UCF rejected it which makes way more sense. And again until you have proof they're being rejected opportunities to play it's all bark and no bite. Boise St had no troubles finding bona fide suitors during their 15 minutes of fame I see no reason why UCF can't do the same.
              UCF did reject that, and countered with the 3 game 1-1-1 style, which UF then rejected.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

UCF did reject that, and countered with the 3 game 1-1-1 style, which....
                ...was a stupid move on their part. They're in no position to play hardball and had a golden opportunity to get 3 straight games against a known Big 5 program and gain more spotlight had they won any of them. Stop falling on the sword for this program Brent it's really unsightly.

Comment

...was a stupid move on their part. They're in no position to play hardball and had a golden opportunity to get 3 straight games against a known Big 5 program and gain more spotlight had they won any of them. Stop falling on the sword for this program Brent it's really unsightly.
                  I'm not falling on the sword. If UF offered that to any other top 15 school, they'd get laughed at. Heck if they offered that to IA, WI, etc, laughed at. UCF is considered a second tier school by the big boys. It's a catch-22. If the big boys really aren't afraid of UCF, give them an even deal. Don't try and bend them over, which is what they are doing.

Comment

I'm not falling on the sword. If UF offered that to any other top 15 school, they'd get laughed at. Heck if they offered that to IA, WI, etc, laughed at. UCF is considered a second tier school by the big boys. It's a catch-22. If the big boys really aren't afraid of UCF, give them an even deal. Don't try and bend them over, which is what they are doing.
                    UCF needs to take advantage of ANY opportunity to play a P5 school. They aren't in a position to make demands, even to Florida. While I would like to see them get a shot, it won't happen with a 4 team playoff unless they run the table, dismantling several decent P5 teams along the way. And even then, it's not guaranteed.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I could have sworn that a few pages ago, it was said that if UCf lost, all of this talk would be stopped.

Alas, it just gets deeper.

Sucks that they are not a P5 conference. But they have to deal with that just like every other team. Suck it up, buttercup.

Comment

NDSU wins for the 7th time in 8 years. Clearly the answer is to expand the playoff
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          NDSU wins for the 7th time in 8 years. Clearly the answer is to expand the playoff
                          Or bump 'em up.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            Or bump 'em up.
                            Cost is to high to move up. Besides they need a conference invite first. Keep being at the top or near the top of the FCS or go FBS and play in some no name bowl game? I will say this though, the quarterfinal and semi final games in Fargo didn’t sellout. That’s a first since they began this incredible run.
                            Since 2011 they are 112-8 with 7 Nattys
                            Last edited by icehawk; 01-05-2019, 06:44 PM.
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                              Cost is to high to move up. Besides they need a conference invite first. Keep being at the top or near the top of the FCS or go FBS and play in some no name bowl game? I will say this though, the quarterfinal and semi final games in Fargo didn’t sellout. That’s a first since they began this incredible run.
                              Since 2011 they are 112-8 with 7 Nattys
                              I was being sarcastic.

Comment

They'd probably be welcome in the MAC, but it'd be for the once a decade event where they can slide into a major bowl after running the table and the other G5 conferences slip up (NIU 2012 Orange, WMU 2016 Cotton) And promotions from FCS hasn't pulled that off for Marshall, Georgia Southern, etc.yet. Don't know if the dome stadium size of 19k would be big enough for the MWC who are more likely to get major bowls.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X