Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team

Georgia is better than ND, Oklahoma and Ohio State but blew it today

Comment

• Re: College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team

WCHA match up in the D2 semifinals: Ferris State vs Minn. State
      "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
      Groucho Marx
      "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
      Ron White
      "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
      Milo Bloom

Comment

Georgia 100% Coug'd It.

Comment

Unless OSU finds a way to put up 42 in the 4th, OU is in the playoffs.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Alabama-Clemson round 4. Notre Dame and Oklahoma, thanks for participating.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              I was under the impression that margin of victory really, Really, REALLY wasn't going to matter this year.
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

They got their 42. But it will be interesting to see if the Purdue game bites them in the rear or not. That was such a bad loss that most are hanging that onto them over OU.

Either way, with the teams in the playoffs, those are 3 games I don't have to watch. Heading out to stay in AST for the holidays makes it even less likely to watch all 3 games.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  They got their 42. But it will be interesting to see if the Purdue game bites them in the rear or not. That was such a bad loss that most are hanging that onto them over OU.

Either way, with the teams in the playoffs, those are 3 games I don't have to watch. Heading out to stay in AST for the holidays makes it even less likely to watch all 3 games.
                  No, I meant 42 points alone in the 4th. Oklahoma winning by two scores put OSU in a position they needed another 59-0 type win to make a statement to get rid of that Purdue loss.

I don't think there's much of a question anymore. One team doesn't have a defense, but their only loss is a neutral site by three points to a 9-4 team they just beat at a neutral site by 12. Then there's a team that hasn't had much of a defense since mid-October and lost by 29 on the road to a 6-6 team.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Ohio State ain't getting in. It should be an Oklahoma-Georgia debate.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      And UCF is yet again screwed.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Shouldn't be Georgia either, frankly. Don't lose by 20 to a meh LSU with a blah schedule. Their entire argument is "We can lose to Alabama closer than you."
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          And UCF is yet again screwed.
                          Unless the playoff expands soon and includes a G5 bid, the G5 need to just split off into their own division because it's clear that no G5 will ever make it over a one loss P5, and the odds probably aren't great for a team like UCF to have back to back undefeated seasons to get them in the discussion while also aligning with a season where only three P5 teams have one or zero losses.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Unless the playoff expands soon and includes a G5 bid, the G5 need to just split off into their own division because it's clear that no G5 will ever make it over a one loss P5, and the odds probably aren't great for a team like UCF to have back to back undefeated seasons to get them in the discussion while also aligning with a season where only three P5 teams have one or zero losses.
                            I think UCF gets a #5 pity vote in the rankings in order to mediate the building push to include them...
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

No, I meant 42 points alone in the 4th. Oklahoma winning by two scores put OSU in a position they needed another 59-0 type win to make a statement to get rid of that Purdue loss.

I don't think there's much of a question anymore. One team doesn't have a defense, but their only loss is a neutral site by three points to a 9-4 team they just beat at a neutral site by 12. Then there's a team that hasn't had much of a defense since mid-October and lost by 29 on the road to a 6-6 team.
                              I would not have thought that the really bad OSU loss was worse than Georgia's argument of LSU and being the closest loser. But the committee did, and OSU is heading to the Rose Bowl, ranked behind Georgia. Interesting.

That Purdue loss should be a lesson to many. Sadly, not applicable to SEC teams.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                And if it was Georgia, they'd be #4 and playing Alabama, who they just played, which does nothing for no one. Gotta be Oklahoma by process of elimination then.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X